• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess: Taking a Leaf from Team Ico's Book...

I noticed that Twilight Princess has a "Team Ico" feel to it. No, I don't mean the tacked-on colossus boss fight. I mean in story telling method. A great many things are left unanswered: how Ganondorf got the Triforce of Power and where the other two are to mention the big ones. And a lot of the character's motives are left unclear. They even used "mublish" instead of actual voice acting (though only for Midna). Well, if you're going to take someone's notes, Team Ico's are good ones to take a look at.

I haven't played any of Tram ICO's games (I intend to soon though, they look great), but I do recall that Aonuma said that TP's visual style was inspired by Shadow of the Colossus. I don't know about the story and all the stuff that you said though.

Feral

The Drifter
I did notice how they used similar sound bytes for the voices. (Although in Shadow of the Colossus they claimed its another language.) You got a huge beautiful over world and travel around on a horse. The color palette used is similar to TP. SotC is like a game made up of only Zelda type boss fights though. (All of them colossus....Super Epic) If you like Zelda I recommend you try it out, although compared to Zelda you are isolated with no human interaction.

I agree. I noticed it, too. The overall atmosphere and graphics were dark, gritty, and the sounds are quite similar to Shadow of the Colossus as well. I wish I could say the same for the bosses, though. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom