• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

[Twilight Princess] I hate the Cave of Ordeals!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
I beat it a couple times, iirc. It's challenging, but I never thought it was that unfair, and it definitely wasn't dependent on RNG. The three darknuts can be pretty tough, but there are ways to deal with them. I think I remember bomb arrows being useful, for instance.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I have never beaten it but I was able to get the final Poe Soul before the Darknuts kicked me out. That room you are stuck on I either snipe stuff from above or use the ball & chain.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Most people don't count Rollgoal, I sure as heck didn't I only did the first 8 levels to get the lure. I also didn't finish the cave but I got the Poe Soul which is where I drew the line.
Exact same story here. When I go back, I am planning to get Rollgoal but not the cave unless. I mean, once I get the last Poe Soul I'll keep going, but if I die I'm not going back in.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Challenging, yes, but far from impossible.

Most rooms can be trivialized by sniping from the platform with arrows and/or bomb arrows. Having all the quiver and bomb bag upgrades helps.

The darknuts move incredibly slow so as long as you keep them all in front of you their attacks are quite dodgeable. Just take your time and be prepared to react accordingly. Hidden Skills (best ones probably being the helm splitter and mortal draw) work wonders against Darknuts.

If you need hearts, come with a few fairies. Additionally, one of the floors has a rare chuchu (the sparkling gold one) which drops a chu jelly that fully replenishes your health and gives you double damage until you get hit. Some of the floors, notably the ones with poes and invisible rats, have dig spots in which you can find hearts as well.

The spear throwers (known as Chillfos) are pushovers if you use the ball and chain. Bomb arrows are also quite effective against them, or if you wish to save arrows then Bomblings are a hidden gem that are fun to use and can be useful when dealing with enemies like that. Ball and chain is my preferred weapon though because it also acts as something of a shield while you're holding it.

If you're still struggling, then I suggest seeking out all or most of the hidden pieces of heart (the fortune teller in Castle Town can help with this); and, for even more protection, find all the Golden bugs to fully upgrade your wallet and complete the Malo Mart side quest to purchase the Magic Armour. With a fully upgraded wallet, you can get through most of the floors without taking any damage.

Just keep at it. Follow the advice given by myself and others in this thread and you'll get through it, no cheats required. I've done the Cave of Ordeals as part of a three-heart challenge so it is absolutely doable! Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom