• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Twilight Princess: HD Which Visual Style would you prefer?

Which Texture Pack of TP Would you Like for TPHD?

• Option #1 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFj58XUlZI4)

• Option #2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE8vRYxSPkk)

• Option #3 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qquuBqk6-Y0)

• Option #4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h2gP3Hq7CQ)

• I Can't Decide!

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Thanks to Twilight Princess being the highest selling Zelda game, and to Zelda fans being amazing. We have a whole slew of HD Texture with completely different styles. So I just want to get the feel out of the water, of which what the majority of people really want regarding the graphical style for the game. So I have brought up 4 Youtube videos of different HD texture packs, and we are going to vote, discuss the pros and cons, ect.

So without further adieu, let us get started!

Option 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFj58XUlZI4

This one takes the term Twilight Princess HD quite literally(with some minor alterations). It looks a lot cleaner compared to the original, yet the original textures are more intact. Making it more recognizable, and something we have seen before, just with higher specs that will look nicer on our TV's. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. This video though, definitely has the award for best music.

Option 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE8vRYxSPkk
This one makes quite a few changes to the graphics of Twilight Princess. This texture packs gives TP more variety in colour, and adds a new lighting and shading system to the game. Overall, the game is lighter, with a somewhat OoT inspired color pallete. Yet thanks to the new lighting, darkness feels a lot more prevalent despite the more colourful textures. A change back into a more colorful, yet more dark game.

Option 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qquuBqk6-Y0
Insane's Slug Texture pack also makes quite a few changes. Overall, it makes the game darker by using richer colours. It completely revamps the system of the games particle effects, and it makes items such as metal(along with other things) a lot more shiny, and have more substance and detail than ever before. A darker and more detailed game is what this is!

Option 4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h2gP3Hq7CQ
This texture pack, changes the entire artstyle of the game to that of Skyward Swords. That is right! They used modified HD versions of Skyward Swords textures for the game, making Twilight Princess more colorful than ever. Lighting for this pack has also been drastically improved over Skyward Sword and TP. You have never seen Hyrule quite like this.

So go ahead, choose away! I am interested to know all of your opinions! This also serves as an opportunity to see what TPHD could potentially look like and get your imaginations running.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I pick option 2 because options 1 and three are a bit too similar to the original game in terms of colour scheme.
Option 2 has created a more inviting looking world, the colours are more vibrant and more akin to what nature creates in real life, rather than the muted palette of options 1 and 3. Also along with the improved colour scheme, option 2 still keeps a high level of detail. As TP is supposed to be the most realistic Zelda in terms of the way it looks, this is important.
Option 4 is more vibrant but ss's artstyle is not detailed enough. I personally dont like the aesthetic and it departs too much from how I think TP is supposed to look.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Has a HD remaster been confirmed yet?
It is quite literal fact that this game is going to be announced soon. Due to the clear evidence of data mining, and even the new models for Link that Nintendo has released, we know that this remaster/remake is coming. But no, it has not been "officially revealed".

Option 2 or 4, mostly because I can see the colors! TP is already a beautiful game, but all that color makes it look breathtaking.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I think Option 2 would offer the best balance for the fanbase...or...something like it. It looks a little weird in some areas, but it definitely has potential.

Option 2 for me as well. It actually looks kind of similar to the Wii U tech demo we got a while back, and I think that style would work beautifully for console 3D Zelda. Option 2 seems to keep the original style of TP in tact while highlighting the parts of the game that are supposed to look more bright and colorful, instead of just washing anything and everything over with the rainbow-blast shading that console Zelda loves to have these days.

Reactions: Dio
  • Option 1: Looks great. Just needs to be less bright. The over brightness does ruin the aesthetic the game has.
  • Option 2: This looks ok. Very nice. The issue here is this texture mod has the colours way too saturated. Everything is overdone. Reds are too red, blues are too blue etc etc. If the colours can be toned down somewhat then this texture mod would be good. I feel though this would ruin the point of the texture mod as it's all about the oversaturated colours. In other words what the point of this texture mod is (the over saturated colours), ruins the game aesthetics.
  • Option 3: Wow this texture mod is amazing. It does not over do the colour saturation or brightness. It also darkens the colours a touch so the outlines of the 3D models and other sprites are more clearly defined. The added particle effects are not needed but add that little bit of class to the texture mod. This is really a job well done. The only issues I have with this are to tone down the reflections on any metal surfaces like the hylian shield and other things. They look really out of place. Not a mod killer but for a game as good as the Zelda ones are, this needs to be fixed if it was to be a good texture mod for TPHD. (I am aware the higher texture mods for every other Zelda remake have been bad but TPHD could be different and actuall4 be good.)
  • Option 4: This looks good. But utterly no good for TP as this texture mod changes everything way too much. A good effort though.
In Conclusion: None of the 4 options are perfect. . . but option 3 with a few fixes could work very well. Options 1,2, 4 are all totally no good and if used for TPHD would just make TPHD look and feel much worse than the original game.

The majority here seem to like the over saturated colours of option 2. Or maybe some here don't understand this and confuse this for a more vibrant colour palate I really hope Nintendo do NOT go down the path of optino 2 for TPHD. Doing that will just ruin the aesthetic the game has.

My vote goes to option 3 as it's the option that needs the least fixing up to be usable.

Last edited:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I think this whole topic asks an important question.
Should Nintendo use the popular option or the best option? I guess since Nintendo need the sales, the popular option will probably win out.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I went with option 2. I think the game could do with that lightening up in order to make the dark elements stand out and would rejuvenate the game for its reboot rather than just completely rehash it. It was a tough choice because skyward sword has my favourite colour pallette of any zelda game but it wouldn't suit the theme of TP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom