• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Freaking ROCKS !!

Judgement

Vile? I am a sorcerer now.
The story was compelling and interesting, and the gameplay still stands as some of my favorite in the series.
Right, I can see that! Playing TP does feel nice. Haven't done it in a while, but I remember the natural feel of the controls.

loyalty to the franchise
Oof, I feel this with the Pokemon main games lately...

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I'm curious though. What kept you all playing throughout TP?
The combat, the joy of riding around on Epona, the plot (however flawed it may be), the music, etc. Coming from games like Ocarina and SS, TP was a very unique experience of its own despite being the same structure as Ocarina. Naturally, being from the succeeding generation of Nintendo games, a lot of what Ocarina established was simply improved and expanded upon in TP, so it was neat to see that as well.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
A Link to the Past and A Link Between Worlds say hi! (They both have 12 dungeons, and while the former is 2D, it could be argued that the latter is somewhat of a 3D Zelda).

the story was very grandiose [to 10 year old me anyway] and the gameplay/combat as link felt really nice, and this still my favorite version of hyrule with a lot of my favorite locations visually, such as the fishing hole

and I want to add that I absolutely hate the dark world dungeon theme in link to the past, and that plays in every single freaking dungeon after the first 3

Judgement

Vile? I am a sorcerer now.
and I want to add that I absolutely hate the dark world dungeon theme in link to the past
Hahahaha, fair enough. If you don't like that theme, ALttP is gonna be rough indeed. For some reason it helped me concentrate on the puzzles.

my favorite version of hyrule with a lot of my favorite locations visually
It does have that nice, edgy feel about it, doesn't it?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
It does have that nice, edgy feel about it, doesn't it?
FVNZ6E.jpg

I think to me, it just really nailed the medieval fantasy aesthetic that's sort of bordering on realism, and it gives you plenty of space to run around

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It is one of the most amazing 3D Zelda titles out there! There is a wide world to explore, the most dungeons in the series (nine), a wide variety of characters to interact with, the one trading sequence in the game ends as soon as it starts, it gives you decent collectibles in the form of the Golden Bugs, you have a sassy companion character, you turn into a Wolf which adds variety to combat and world exploration, and the best swordplay in the series by far!

The only gripes I have with the game are two things.

A - The art style is strange with character design as they are cartoonish in proportions and yet textured with an aim for realistic design.

B - Heart Pieces
drdypj-c651f9f6-f314-4cbf-941c-5c055b9c4ccf.jpg

I love Twilight Princess. It's second only to Ocarina of Time for me and I will say TP made both some improvements and regressions if you see it as a close spiritual successor.

Storywise I consider it to be the most advanced in the series of Zelda. Still a simple story compared to some of the games out there such as The Witcher 3 but featuring a character that has the most development that a Zelda game has ever given in one game... Midna! My favourite sidekick. Or rather, Link is her sidekick this time around! I enjoy how the dynamic changes over the course of the game from Midnas arrogance and uncaring attitude towards link to slowly developing care towards him, maybe even love in the end. TP is as much Midnas story as it is Links.

It also features a great villain combo. The crazed Zant who keeps his composure as a facade until he can no longer contain it, and of course my favourite villain Ganondorf who always has such a great menacing presence.

A few other good points are : It's got my favourite art style in the series with more detailed textures combined with stylised characters. A satisfying amount of dungeons, not feeling too short. And of course it's got yetos soup which always makes me crave!

On the negative side. It's not quite as impactful as ocarina of time which has a very relatable story of the loss of childhood innocence and still to this day a ton of unanswered mysteries to perplex the fans.

Midi instruments weren't of the best quality on the soundtrack at times.

Its way too easy. Combat is slow paced and enemies do very little damage. Ganondorf in OOT took away 6 hearts per hit but in TP its half a heart or something stupid.

Also personally hate city in the sky, it's an awful place.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Mostly stubbornness lol. I wasnt a very good gamer until I started playing zelda, and I was (and still am) determined to beat every single game. I was having so much fun with tp and since I was just starting out, there was no way I'd allow myself to stop playing it. The zant's hand section brought be close, but eventually I made it past there. Overall the game was just mega cool, and the story just keeps going so its hard to get bored.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
It doesn't top MM for me, but TP is an amazing game. I do really dislike City in the Sky, dislike the beginning in Ordon, and lots of models look ugly such as this

6291-481676109.png

But overall it's a great game. The graphics look pretty good for the time and at times some places look beautiful. I just love the Twilight Realm and how it looks.

Hyrule_Castle_in_Twilight.png

Snowpeak Ruins is my favorite dungeon in the series. It has a great and unique ascetic to it and it's very well designed. I love the soundtrack too, and the game creates a wonderful atmosphere. Twilight Princess is a great entry in the series.

Twilight princess is one of my favorite games ever. This seems to be a bit unpopular but I absolutely love the beginning of the game in Ordon. It is so peaceful and I feel so at home when playing through it. More than any game it really sets up the stakes for me because the simple life they all lead is so idyllic and wonderful that I really feel the need to protect it as the main character. It's the part of the game I look forward to the most on replays and I always try to drag it out as long as possible. I wish I could live in that village for real.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Twilight princess is one of my favorite games ever. This seems to be a bit unpopular but I absolutely love the beginning of the game in Ordon. It is so peaceful and I feel so at home when playing through it. More than any game it really sets up the stakes for me because the simple life they all lead is so idyllic and wonderful that I really feel the need to protect it as the main character. It's the part of the game I look forward to the most on replays and I always try to drag it out as long as possible. I wish I could live in that village for real.
YES!!!! SOMEONE ELSE WHO GETS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom