• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks

(Please note this thread has some spoilers for Twilight Princess, in addition to Spirit Tracks. ;) )

No doubt we've all begun to notice that creatures and elements from Twilight Princess are in Spirit Tracks. Among them we have enemies like Bulblins and Bullbos (probably), and White Wolfos.

Then there's the Tears of Light. Apparently we are supposed to collect three Tears of Light in an area before Zelda can possess the Phantoms. In Twilight Princess, we collected the Tears of Light to restore the Light Spirits, and in effect restore the light to an area.

But I noticed a few additional things...

It's apparent that in Twilight Princess we will be attempting to restore the Tower of Spirits. It seems we'll have to journey to the various dungeons to do so, but in order to reach the dungeons we'll have to restore the Spirit Tracks by playing songs learned from the Lokomos on the Spirit Pipes. Sound a little familiar? Restoring light? Restoring the Spirit Tracks?

Here, in Spirit Tracks, we see black clouds (well, purple, but dark at least) surrounding the Tower of Spirits, which we've been told is connected to the Spirit Tracks:
003.png

In Twilight Princess, the sky is, well, twilight. But the game makes a point to mention the "black clouds of twilight" and the blackened sky. This dark sky is especially apparent in the actual Twilight Realm (the Palace of Twilight dungeon), where the sky is very dark.

Here we have the "Demon King" as a train, a dark train with a creepy face on it. Some people say it resembles Ganon (not something I completely agree with, but whatever):
normal_demotrain.png

Now watch this cutscene from Twilight Princess (WARNING!!! Spoilers for Twilight Princess!!! Don't watch unless you've beaten the game!) Skip to about 2:55. Notice this glowing face of Ganondorf's? It appears a few times in the game, but I noticed it is very similar to the face of the Demon King. This is the only time I feel the Demon King resembles Ganon very strongly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRWu6poJPP4

So, thoughts? I think we may end up seeing more references to Twilight Princess. More enemies, possibly, but also we may see elements of the Light Spirits or, hell, maybe even the Light Spirits themselves. Or at least there might be a connection between the light and whatever reason Zelda cannot possess Phantoms without the Tears of Light. Could have something to do with the fact that they're guardians of the Tower of Spirits.

This could also imply more strongly that the Demon King is indeed Ganondorf. However, this is still somewhat unlikely because Nintendo has stated that he is not Ganon.

And finally, what does this mean for the timeline? Does Twilight Princess come after Spirit Tracks? Are they trying to connect the games? I will say one thing: Just because elements from Twilight Princess are in Spirit Tracks as well doesn't mean they're connected on the timeline. It could be as simple as Nintendo reusing elements and the like. Just because they're on different timelines doesn't mean the Light Spirits, Bulblins, etc. can't exist in both. I personally think that based on what they are, the Light Spirits had to have been around since before Ocarina of Time, but that's just me. Also, of course, the Tears of Light in Spirit Tracks might have nothing to do with the Light Spirits from TP. -.-

Ya there are defiantly connections between ST and TP. There just sitting there, the enemies, the tears of light, and who knows what else. I just hope that it takes a side step away from TP and actually has a more spiritual storyline and not a dark, gloomy one.

I created a thread similar to this a while back noticing connections. I actually had a theory that Spirit Tracks came before the NES LoZ and that the adult Link we see in TP is actually Byrne post ST. The idea of the NES connection is that the boss at the end of ST is Malladus in Cole's body. So I believe you're right about his connection to Ganon, since the final boss is a large blue hog-type animal. It seemed pretty similar to Ganon in the first LoZ. Where Twilight Princess comes in is at the end of the game. When Byrne is killed, Anjean (who I might as well mention looks shockingly similar to Tetra from WW) says that one day he'd be reborn as a great hero. The whole game before that, I thought Byrne looked familiar. He looks quite a bit like the TP Link with his darness around him and we only ever really see his eyes. As for the Prince of Persia glove? I have no idea what was up with that. But Byrne could end up becoming Link in another game, as we see his spirit being lifted away from him. Also, spirits may be a ble to travel through parallel universes in the Zelda world. So even if this doesn't give it a spot on the timeline, it gives two characters a possible backstory.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Twilight Princess taking place after Spirit Tracks is impossible. It's set in an entirely new land that Link, Tetra, and crew found while sailing. Plus, it's a sequel to Phantom Hourglass, which was a sequel to The Wind Waker, a game that very clearly takes place on a separate timeline than Twilight Princess. If the Demon King was intended to be connected to Ganondorf, it would have to be the Ganondorf seen in The Wind Waker. There's really no other explanation but that the connections are thematic, something seen quite often in the Zelda series.

By the way:
Axle the Beast said:
It's apparent that in Twilight Princess we will be attempting to restore the Tower of Spirits.
I think you meant Spirit Tracks. ;)

your Link is down.... haha see what i did their? no seriously the video has been removed :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom