• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Twilight Palace: The Second Sol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blendercat

Riding Suicune
So, I recently got back into Twilight Princess, but, I remembered why I got out of it.

The annoying hands that try to get the sols.

So, I managed to get the second sol almost to the last room, but, the hand managed to steal it from me. That doesn't do the best for your health.

Anyway, anyone have tips to do it?

Nicole

luke is my wife
Actually, I have a few tips for ya.

1. Don't freak out. The hands are creepy, yes, but don't freak out. ;)

2. Take your time. The Zant's Hands really aren't that fast, but if you mess up, or fall from a high place, it'll be frustrating.

3. If the hand grabs the sol, you can quickly try to retrieve it with the Clawshot. You only have seconds, but it is possible. You can also retrieve a sol you have dropped with the Clawshot.

4. Know what to do. I suggest taking a couple runs through the place, just so you know how to get back, where to go, etc.

Good luck!

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
You can also stun the Hand by shooting with arrows.
Does right angle staircase appear after you put the Sol down in its place and yes it matters.

You can also stun the Hand by shooting with arrows.
Does right angle staircase appear after you put the Sol down in its place and yes it matters.
The sword can stun them as well. This is useful when you do drop the Sol and they come down to grab it. If you're close you can still stun it and get the Sol back.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Hmmm... interesting. I just rebeat TP and this part was the hardest part to me every time ive played it. I had no trouble this time but i didnt know you could stun the hands. With which weapons can you stun it?

repeatedly clawshoting the thing also works pretty well for stopping the hand. As long as you remain, calm, you can get away, and the only thing the hand will be able to do is give you the finger. I'm just kidding. It never actually does that. Because its a loser and nobody likes it.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I lost the Sol to the Zant's Hands two or three times my first time through that game, and I didn't even know it was possible to stun it. The reason I survived is that there's a glitch. In one of the rooms (I'm not sure which one,) there's a spiral staircase that appears when you place the sol into a platform on the ground. If you time it perfectly, the staircase will rise and the Zant's hand will stuck trying to move toward you by floating into the corner of the staircase. The Zant's Hand won't drop down at you or go anywhere, but it's creepy seeing it just float there.

Just remember, this trick is EXTREMELY HARD to pull off. I only managed it once in my first play through, and it was by accident. If you're already past that room, I just might've helped others. If you're not past that room, then I'm glad i could help!

Goron Link

Keep on Roll'n
The Trick is to not be scared of the Zant' Hand. I was freaked out so much when I firt played it but i eventully conqerd my fears and wasn't scared anymore and it was a peice of cake after. Nintendo just trie to make you freak out and it's pretty eay if you don't get scared.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Drop the sol, stun the hand, run away, clawshot the sol. Rinse and repeat and it'll be done in no time at all!!!

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I use a method I don't think anyone's mentioned--it's a good technique for buying a little time, and when I have time, I am able to calm down and think properly.

When the hand is looming too close for you to think properly, lure it to the opposite end of the room, the furthest spot from where you need to place the sol, then wait for it's shadow to catch up to you. When it's shadow is right above your head and starts shaking, that means it is about to come down. At that time you may run back to the spot where the sol should be placed. The hand will be busy coming down on an empty spot on the other end of the room, and following that will have to recover and redirect itself accordingly. This will give you the moments you need to catch your bearings, figure out what you need to do, and move forward accordingly.

Furthermore, you can rinse and repeat this is many times as you need to buy as much time as you need to make sure you proceed the way you need to.

Also as mentioned, the clawshot is quite useful. If the hand is leaving with the sol, you can clawshot it back. You could even time it so that you clawshot it back right when it is at the other end of the room about to leave, so that when it turns around towards you it has a longer distance to cover, again buying you more time.

Side note: anyone think the hands are TP's callback to wallmasters? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom