• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Triforce: Yay or Nay?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Throughout the series, one of the most common reoccuring elements is the Triforce. Whether you are searching for shards of one of the 3 sacred triangles, or hearing about this fabled legend, it's usually there. My question is this:

What's you're opinion on Link obtaining (and possibly wishing on) the full triforce? At the end of ALttP Link gets to the full triforce and wishes on it, and also in skyward sword he gets all 3 triangles and wishes for the destruction of demise. Do you like this gameplay element, or prefer the triforce to be absent (OoX, LA, etc.)? Or possibly you dont obtain the full triforce (LoZ) or have someone else other than Link wish on it (WW)?

Personally I like the feeling of obtaining the full triforce. It gives me a feeling of true satisfaction and I like having the Triforce as a goal. Opinions?

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Legend of Zelda without the Triforce is a complete impossibility. What happened in Skyward Sword was really cool. But Wind Waker's seemed cool.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
No i'm not saying Zelda without the triforce im saying in the game should link obtain the full triforce and wish on it

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't like what we do with the Triforce, because it's linear and always is a (from a PoV) good wish. Who is to say some dark thoughts couldn't enter Link's mind at the time of wishing, and cause him to (accidentally) wish for something bad? It'd be a good story element and show that Nintendo *can* create some decent stories besides "yay hero wins".

When the big T was absent, it didn't really bother me as much. It is a rather useless story element in my opinion; we've seen that Link can take on evil with or without it (really, I assume SS' final boss is at least 45/1 to Ganondorf though Demise was pitiful as a boss, let alone a character) so I don't see why it even exists anymore. I mean, considering that it supposedly grants the holder's wish, why would Link NOT wish for everything to never had happen and just end up in Skyloft with his girl? I'm happy without the Triforce as a whole.

- Having others wish for me isn't something I like. The wish is never anything relatively useful at the moment, so why wish at all?
- The Triforce is nothing but a plot device.

I say no to Link getting to wish on the Triforce, he does a better job protecting it, or saving lands from evil, or a giant moon. If link got to wish on the triforce, whats to stop him from being like, man im sick of all the adventuring, im gonna wish for eternal peace! Of course he wouldnt cause Nintendo wouldnt put such a cheesy, horrible ending to the greatest series of all time, but i hope you get my point..and i agree with Vanitas XII, OoT is the greatest Zelda game ever!!!!

MW7

It doesn't bother me in any way that he gets the Triforce, but I don't think it's a good idea for it to happen in every single game. Likewise Hyrule itself doesn't even have to be a part of a successful Zelda game. Games like Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask are needed for a breath of fresh air.

I never realized this until just now, but did Twilight Princess have zero references to the triforce as well? Maybe I missed something but iirc it didn't.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I never realized this until just now, but did Twilight Princess have zero references to the triforce as well? Maybe I missed something but iirc it didn't.
The big T was in TP, but only as a fabled power and not called the Triforce (power of the goddesses to my knowledge). It was part of the Dark Interloper scene haha

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Yay! Obtaining the full Triforce is the best. Like you said, it gives you great satisfaction.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i prefer it when 3 people have the pieces of the Triforce, a la OoT/WW, but did quite like being able to get the Trueforce. would have been nice if, when told to wish for Demise's demise, you had one of those option panels come up and you could choose to wish for something else but it was good

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
zelda with out the triforce is like catholisim with out the pope..
lol..

Well, Anglicanism turned out just fine. lol. That's actually a good metaphor though, because I don't think the triforce needs to appear in a game at all for it to be a good Zelda game. I don't have a preference, but it would be boring if at the end of every game somebody got the triforce and somebody made a wish. But I guess we'll just see what Nintendo comes up with next. :)

They need to make a game between MM and TP with Link leaving Termina or ( maybe a new Link that has been told what happened in MM, he goes to termina, finds out what happened, u do a couple things there then go to Hyrule)

and some new guy is trying to get the triforce (not ganondorf or vatii) and in a plot twist you get it, but right before you get it MM is stuck in his head, and he accidently makes a bad wish and then the rest of the game is you trying to fix it, would be dope?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom