• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Triforce Quest

Triforce Quest Hit or Miss?

• Hit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miss

• Undecided

• Total voters

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
The Quest for the Triforce charts and the pieces they reveal is infamous. It's tedious and long and boring and too close to the finale. That's what most people say. I just played the Wind Waker, and I must say I didn't mind it. It wasn't that long, and the need for money allowed me to do some fun sidequesting. I used the required vast travelling to knock off many hidden treasures. I must say I enjoyed it, even if it wasn't a WOW enjoyment.

Big Octo

=^)
I have never realky minded it. I actually found enjoyment out of it. See, I enjoy sailing across the Great Sea as well as overcoming the trials between me andnthe Triforce Charts. Maritime battles are another gameplay element I liked and wishes there was more of, so the combination of it and the warship battle was something I got much enjoymentm out of. All miscelanious puzzles and battles needed to obtain the charts were great in their own rights. The act of salvaging the pieces themsleves was somewhat rekaxing for me actually and never really got on me nerves. Collectively, it was a fun experience.

I would also like to mention the cost of deciphering the charts. See, money in The Wind Waker isn't hard to come by, so there really wasn't a situation where this bothered me. With most charts I find I return with a considerable sum of Rupees found with it.

Finally, I'd like to take a look at the tweaked quest seen in WWHD. Contrary to my thoughts on the original quest, I actually welcome this change. Sure, I enjoyed the original format, but not to the point where I feel that the experience would be marred with this change. Though I didn't mind salvaging the Triforce Shards, it sure did take a while. This change fixes what little problems I had and what many problems others have had.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Miss. It's good from a story standpoint, but story means very little if the gameplay is unengaging...well to me that's the case. It's less that I'm doing another Collect-Em-All, more that I'm traveling across near-endless expanses of water for such long periods of time (overexaggeration of course). ;p

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I never had too much of a problem with it like many people do. I actually enjoy it. It gives a good excuse for just traveling all around the great sea and getting new charts and treasures. Lots of exploration. Plus if you manage your time and plan out where you're going to go it doesn't seem as long at all.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I didn't mind it. Whenever I do a second playthrough, this quest always allows me to travel the Great Sea and map every single square and enjoy the secrets each small island had to offer. It would really only be absolutely dreadful if you go straight past sidequests and go for the triforce immediately.

Salem

SICK
Tingle is the problem, I have to have the turbo controller rapid fire the A button to get through with it.....

MW7

I loved it, but it certainly had some problems. I really appreciated the overall allusion to Legend of Zelda. I noticed immediately that the overworld of The Wind Waker was a complete interconnected rectangle just like Legend of Zelda and other 2d games. I also noticed that there was minimal restriction on a player's ability to explore the vast overworld after beating the second dungeon. The Triforce Quest cemented The Wind Waker as a tribute to the original Zelda. You travel freely around the overworld to obtain 8 pieces of the triforce in many cases going underground to fulfill your quest. As someone who loves the original Zelda, I just love the Triforce Quest even though it could have been better implemented.

Beeker

Wild Card
I've grown towards the Triforce Quest. As I like to complete as much as possible in my playthroughs, sailing around to find the charts/pieces allows me to finish off the map and collect any other things I may lack.
On the other hand, I wish Tingle would be a little less annoying. Having to sit through all of his chart interpretations is the worst. Not to mention the price, but it's not like the overworld is barren with ways to easily grind money.

I voted undecided. It got a little boring, and paying all those rupees to Tingle wasn't very fun...lol, but in some kind of way I actually liked it :). It was relaxing, and I got to explore the sea a bit :).

Salem

SICK
I loved it, but it certainly had some problems. I really appreciated the overall allusion to Legend of Zelda. I noticed immediately that the overworld of The Wind Waker was a complete interconnected rectangle just like Legend of Zelda and other 2d games. I also noticed that there was minimal restriction on a player's ability to explore the vast overworld after beating the second dungeon. The Triforce Quest cemented The Wind Waker as a tribute to the original Zelda. You travel freely around the overworld to obtain 8 pieces of the triforce in many cases going underground to fulfill your quest. As someone who loves the original Zelda, I just love the Triforce Quest even though it could have been better implemented.
Exactly, coupled with the fact that the Trifoce pieces can be collected in almost any order, now if only we were given dungeons instead of the salvage thingie.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom