• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tri-Force Shards

Now, this may just be me but who hated the tri-force shard hunt? I was really mad when I figured out I had to find 8 peices of the tri-force to finish the game, when I figured that out I refused even try to find any. Thats when I dragged my friend over and made him do it for me so I could finish the game. All im saying is, did you like the hunt, did you hate it, or are you one of those people that said "meh"?

Kybyrian

The hunt didn't really bother me, but it was definitely a step down in the game. It was pretty boring, but some of it could be a little exciting. You got a good battle every now and then, but for the most part, yes, it was boring. I was disappointed when I found out all I was going to do was hunt for the Triforce shards. It was even more disappointing when I found out that I would be doing so by getting charts deciphered for me by the oh-so-hated Tingle. I had a lot of spare rupees, though, so it was good to get rid of those. I definitely would have enjoyed it more if they had added in something else, such as maybe battle for just about every one of them. A fairly difficult battle, that is. More enemies, tougher enemies, whatever. It seemed to have a lack of challenge and was very boring.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
Its not so bad after your first few play through's of Wind Waker because you know where to find the charts. But i didn't enjoy it the first time either and collecting rupees for Tingle is a bit annoying. Its The Wind Wakers only flaw.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
This is the only reason Wind Waker is close to last on my Top 5. This part is so annoying and time-consuming. It takes me almost the whole day because of all the crap you have to do. Collecting rupees for Tingle is probably the worst part.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I actually like the Triforce shard hunt somewhat, but there are a couple things I don't like about it. I like exploring islands to find the charts and fishing the shards out, but I don't like the deciphering part at all (mainly because I hate Tingle). The worst part is it's thrown at you at the end of the game, so it got overwhelming and time-consuming at first.

Its not so bad after your first few play through's of Wind Waker because you know where to find the charts. But i didn't enjoy it the first time either and collecting rupees for Tingle is a bit annoying. Its The Wind Wakers only flaw.

I aggree 100%, it was the wind wakers only flaw, the sailing was annoing sometimes like in the beggining if you wanted to go back to outset island it was such a long trip, but once you got the warping, it was fine!

I found it tedious. I would have traded it for a few more dungeons in a heartbeat. Eight dungeons (one for each piece) would have been pushing it. But I think the game didn't have enough dungeons.

Like SavageWizzrobe said, it was this big, overwhelming glob of gameplay. It needed to be broken up, at the very least. It was kinda like the key hunt toward the end of Metroid Prime 2. It would have been better if it were like the original Prime, in which Chozo Artifacts could be found throughout the game, not just at the designated time toward the end. But even that is a bit tedious. Maybe if there had been a mixture of some pieces hidden in dungeons, and some pieces needing charts, it would have been better.

What we got felt like just an excuse to have to visit more islands so they could feel better about putting some dinky patch of land in every one of the 100 squares on the grid.

I actually loved it. I thought it was a really neat way of actually bringing you in the sea mechanics of the game.
Finding the charts brought you to some really cool little places like the ghost ship, the ship cavern, the dungeon in your oasis house, etc.

Plus, I totally felt like a pirate plundering all the bokoblins for their treasure and destroying pirate hideouts for treasure in the reefs. Exploring every sector of ocean. Killing for enough money to pay for the next treasure chart. I just felt so PIRATE!!!!
It may sound silly, but if you get in that mind frame? I dunno, I just felt it was a cool thing to throw in a Zelda game.

Plus when your collecting every treasure chart and getting all 49 treasures, it really is just part of that... If your into 100%ing it.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I though that out of WW's several flaws, this was the major one. It was not fun to play at all. I would sometimes just quit the game right there, because it was so boring.

David

But you called me here...
I really liked it. I really enjoy the side quest aspect of video games along with the story mode. So when I hunted for the triforce shards, I did as many side quests that I could. It made the shard quest much more enjoyable and less time consuming. Plus, finding money was incredibly easy when I was side-questing.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
The triforce shard hunt didn't bother me too much, although it could have been way more exciting. It was a bit annoying that there was a map with all the shard-chart locations on it. It was a great help, but I rather figure the locations out on my own. Also, the charts and shards were so easy to get. Only a few were challenging (like the one on outset island), but most were just 'go to the island, get the chart, go away'. They could have made it more difficult to get a chart by including some more difficult monsters/mini bosses, challenging puzzles or more related side quests (like collecting butterfly necklaces for the teacher on windfall).

I liked searching for the Triforce shards. treasure hunting for some reason is one of my favorite things to do in the game, and exploring every island was my second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom