• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Transportation Theories

L

LordHershebel

I personally believe that the way Link will get down from Sky Loft, and subsequently into Hyrule is a giant eagle or falcon.

The crest of the Royal Family has always been a eagle or a falcon, and if this game is a prequel like expected, this would explain the origins of the crest and how it came to be.

I would like to see something that is perhaps on-rails, like Sin & Punishment Star Successor. Maybe you have to dodge enemies by tilting the Wii Remote.

Any ways i havent posted in ages so i though i would elaborate my ideas a tad.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
He might use the Skyward Sword. But I think that you have to visit Hyrule before you get the Skyward Sword. With the SS, it might be like going through slow motion so Link won't get injured on the drop. There might also be a portal.

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
if you ask me I definitely don't think that Link would ride on something at all, I think that idea is sorta unrealistic for a Zelda game (no offense).
I think that it would be more logic to it if he were to warp between Skyloft and Hyrule, sorta like how Midna warps you places in TP. sorry if I may seem to mean (I'm new)

why are there all these topics about theories of birds, giant cannons, pegasus eponas, flying links, or some type of flying machine??? one of the 1st pieces of information we learned about skyward sword was that link will travel back and forth from skyloft and hyrule through the skyward sword. whether it be warping magic or he rides it i think we should be debating how THIS in itself is possible and not trying to dispute what we already know.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Personally, I think we all know the most likely means of Transportation is a warp system of sorts from the Skyward Sword. However, though the eagle thing may be unlikely, It would be interesting to see that.
Link {You} Will probably have to switch between Skyloft and Hyrule until you can warp wherever you would like.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
I just hope that Link doesn't use same method used to get out of holes (light transportation portal).
:(

content

I'd be very disappointed if it was as simple as that.

David

But you called me here...
I just hope that Link doesn't use same method used to get out of holes (light transportation portal).
:(

content

I'd be very disappointed if it was as simple as that.

As would I. That sounds way too simple for Skyward Sword. Plus, we already know that the Skyward Sword will be transporting Link back and forth. We just don't know how.

They said it was important so I assume it will be something really cool!

I hope it isn't anything lame like a teleporter or a elevator type thing...

They said it was important so I assume it will be something really cool!

I hope it isn't anything lame like a teleporter or a elevator type thing...

Last edited:
Well, it's already explained that we will travel between Skyloft and Hyrule through the Skyward Sword, but I think the first time we do it, for some reason, like the SS doesn't have enough power yet to do so, we'll have to do it manually.

And for that, I don't think Link will use a giant eagle, a pegasus, a portal, a tower, an elevator or anything like that. Actually, I guess we already have that answer, shown during the E3 trailer:

I think Link will simply jump out of Skyloft.

Can you imagine a cooler way to do the traveling? The SS would just find a way, so that Link doesn't die from the fall, but it would be absolutely AMAZING to be able to see Hyrule approuching you this way and being able to spot Death Mountain, Lake Hylia, and these important places we all know from such a huge height.

Now praying this will be the method chosen by Nintendo!

edit:
Now showing a beautiful pic to demonstrate how that would be awesome!
http://boba2009.deviantart.com/art/Skyward-Sword-168171543?q=boost:popular+zelda+skyward+sword&qo=4
(Hey Valexi, that's the pic in your sig!)

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
You could be so right i had never thought were the symbol came from perhaps we will learn its origin and learn how affects other games. YAY

D

DarkLink714

im not really sure about this but in TP there was a broken cannon at kakariko so im guessing that cannon was used to get to skyloft and hyrule if that was true it could possibly explain how a giant cannaon got there

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
We'll all know when Nintendo releases a new video or information soon... I hope.
I'm sure he won't just teleport, at the end of the trailer he jumps. 10-06-27-Skyward-Sword.jpg So i'm certain we'll control him as he goes down. So this is a good sign, he doesn't just teleport. I'm thinking we will be able to teleport later on. So yaaay! On-rails gameplay for us! (I think?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom