• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Transport

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
What methods of transport do you use to get around in your day to day life?
Are you a car driver? Do you like to walk, cycle, take a train?

I prefer to do as little walking as possible but am finding it hard to get a mobility scooter from the taxpayer as they are so stingy in my county.

I can drive and use my mothers car in the evenings but there is little point in me getting one of my own at the present time. Usually I take a bus and whilst I hate public transport, you hear a good amount of gossip whilst using it.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I used to take public transportation. It was for the sake of convenience. I prefer to walk, but in this heat, forget about it. And since I'm not familiar with the public transportation system here yet, I drive.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
When I lived in the city I took the L when I was traveling long distances, but otherwise I would walk. I've only been in a taxi twice, and only taken the commuter bus when I had to due to L station construction. I really liked that, because I didn't have to worry about maintaining my own car (aside from my husband's).

Now where I live the public transportation is lacking. The bus lines start near where I work and expand out in the opposite direction from my apartment. I drive now. I'd really prefer not to, though.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Unfortunately, I ride in a car. I hate it. My dream life is to live in a place small enough so I can walk to shops and such. And if I ever needed to travel farther, I could just get on a plane or ride with someone else.

Reactions: Pen

Bishop Rodan

Godslayer
Public transport when I can, car otherwise.

I live in the suburbs so unfortunately I need a car to get around most of the time. If I lived in the city I'd never drive, I'd just use the subway.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I use my bicycle as much as possible. It's much cheaper and the only fuel it burns is the fuel I want to get rid of as much as possible. My town is small enough that you can get everywhere in it by bike within 20 minutes. An hour if you walk. Which I always do in winter.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I prefer to walk or to take the bicycle but the transport is very poor in my area. So to get to my work I have to use my car. Not to get there, but to get home during nightshifts. Trains and busses are no option.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I use my Car to drive to work and to the train station where I catch the train to Uni. It takes about ten minutes to drive to work so walking is not practical there but I could just walk to the station in about five minutes so I am a bit lazy in that case. The train takes about an hour and a half to Uni and while it is annoying travelling so far it is a good opportunity to catch up on readings and study while I'm in transit.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
It's mainly the bus for me. I have a driver's license, but I can't afford a car of my own (it's really expensive over here). I don't mind walking and if it's going to the nearby shops I definitely walk most of the time, for the shops and such that are a bit further away it depends on the weather and what I feel up for, but most my friends and social activities are located near/in/beyond the city centre, so unless I plan to dedicate a couple of hours of walking, the bus it is, lol.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I use my bicycle as much as possible. It's much cheaper and the only fuel it burns is the fuel I want to get rid of as much as possible. My town is small enough that you can get everywhere in it by bike within 20 minutes. An hour if you walk. Which I always do in winter.

I wish I could bike to class. It's fairly close, but it's just so incredibly hot.

Clank

Hmm
I'd bike if I could, but unfortunately I live far enough from town that I have to drive (or get up really early to bike for a few hours, while carrying a days worth of supplies for college).

Of course, I don't really consider living that far out to be unfortunate, but that's a topic for another thread.

Djinn

and Tonic
I use my car lots but I absolutely hate looking for a parking space more than anything. So when I park I tend to leave it there for the day at least and walk everywhere. I have walked miles from it in random parking lots before just because I did not at all feel like doing the drive around and looking for the next space game.

I walk about 4ish miles, catch a train and then catch a bus everyday, but I absolutely hate travelling! Public transport is too unreliable, but I can't drive so I don't really have any other options.

Dan

I prefer to walk/run but I'm a little self conscious running in public so it's not always possible.

Disasterbate5k

Shubadawoo
Proud TriMet rider! The public transportation here is pretty effective and I use it to get pretty much anywhere not in direct walking distance. Portland is a weird area though so boy could I tell some strange bus stories. I am pretty fond of walking though. I would ride my bike more, but it's in rather bad condition, so in the meantime walking and the bus will have to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom