• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Training Dojo

I 100%-ed the original Adventure Map without ever touching the Training Dojo. I thought that the missions were really well set up to level my guys organically, and I saw levels as a sign of how much time I spent with a character. I want to stay that way, but....

Master Quest Map is not set up the same way. It expects new characters to be really strong from the get-go, and it's hard to advance through the map with people like Volga and Wizzro being at single-digit levels.

What's your advice here? I've never been a grinder, and the thought of playing stages to level up seems double plus ungood. Is MQ actually set up well and I'm just missing it, or am I being silly by avoiding the Dojo? Thanks!

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
When I found out about the rupee glitch, I tried and managed to get a couple. That basically solved the MQ issue for me.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Personally I don't find MQ map that hard. Yes it has some ****ty levels like the Don't get hit missions but you can beat it with low leveled warriors. I always got the rupee+ skill on my weapon. I like to level up warriors I absolutely don't care about through Training dojo. And I'm always around the 9 mil rupees (like I said, rupee + skills work :P )

We had been playing awhile before we even realized what the training dojo was. We assumed it was like a trainer mission to learn how to use the controls or something. We never even clicked on it for weeks, I don't think. Once we discovered it, it was a real blessing.

What we would do is play as normal, and when we earned some rupees we'd go in the training dojo and level up whoever was our lowest level character in the roster at that time. Rinse and repeat. That kept our less played characters from becoming too far behind characters we played more often - which can be a vicious cycle in a game like this. (You're less likely to choose a low level character as the levels get harder, meaning that low level character will get further behind.) This also kept our characters roughly at the same levels, since we would always just put money into the lowest character until that character had exceeded another character.

I wouldn't say you are "silly" to avoid the dojo - perhaps you are worried using it is sort of like cheating. If that is the case, I would say it is fully in the spirit of the game to make use of it. It was put in the game by the programmers on purpose for players to use - it can be used strategically, no different than using potions or merging weapons.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
In legends I level all my warriors below the 100's up through Training Dojo. The lowest are at 87. When you reach the 100's it cost more rupees to level them up. Like way more rupees.

[The Training Dojo] kept our less played characters from becoming too far behind characters we played more often - which can be a vicious cycle in a game like this. (You're less likely to choose a low level character as the levels get harder, meaning that low level character will get further behind.)

This is a really good point. It makes sense, and I realized that I'd been avoiding playing as some lower level characters because they were weaker. This could only lead to avoiding them more. I've started using the Dojo, and it's made those DLC characters a lot more friendly looking. I don't have to invest hours getting them up to usable levels- I can just pour rupees on them and have them playable right away. I think I'll adopt the strategy you suggest, @Zora the Greek. It sounds like a good way to keep my roster up to speed.

Thanks for your help guys!

I always use the training dojo to level up characters. I don't have time to level them up manually.

I suppose it eventually becomes impractical, though. I think the designers did a good job making it so it is relatively cheap to raise up low-level characters, but it becomes less so with higher ranked people. Eventually it takes less time to manually level up than it does to earn enough money for the same effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom