• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TP: The Real Reason Why Zant Breaks His Own Neck (Symbolism)

octorok74

TETTAC
I don't think so. It justs seems like something Zant would do and that may have been what Ganondorf remembered about him.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
That's actually fairly possible. I've always interpreted the brief scene with Zant breaking his neck as implying that Ganondorf lost the power he gained from the Twilight Realm or Zant's Spirit dealt the finishing blow to Ganondorf. Seeing as how there is no solid evidence for such a belief, however, it is all pure speculation at this point.

Link's Shadow48

Shadow Link reborn
nn\ree with you A_Link_IN_Time, i think its because the little power Ganon had left was the power he gave Zant and the Twilight realm, when Zant snapped his own neck represented the loss of all power killing Ganon.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I never really quite understood that little scene, but I liked it.
I think it was Zant's effort at saying "screw u Ganny, u didn't give me enough power so this is what you get".
However I don't understand why Zant's spirit would have any control over Ganondorf. So maybe it was some sort of message to Ganny that basicly made him realize he had no one left and was defeated. so he diied.

Fig

The Altruist
I would always wonder why Zant meant to do that. It is possible that he "broke the contract deal" he made with Ganondorf. I still think that seeing Zant break his neck is kind of scary and creeps me out occasionally.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Alot of people seemed to think that Zant was the final blow tat killed Ganondorf. I think it was a representation. In this game, Ganondorf had been defeated many times, so it was hard to tell exactly when he truly died. The game tried to give us signs to let us know that this was the last time. The first was that the glow of the triforce faded. The next was Zants next snapping. These signs let us know that this was the end, Ganondorf wasn't getting back up.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I've always interpreted it as him severing the tie between the two of them. You know, the tie that connected their lives. Ganondorf basically poured his life force into Zant, which is what allowed Zant to be resurrected without cease. Of course, Midna obliterated Zant with the Fused Shadows to where he couldn't be physically revived, but that life connection he and Ganondorf shared wasn't severed, so his spirit was still connected. When Ganondorf was mortally wounded and unable to do anything, all that was left from him dying was that life connection. So Zant, realizing he'd been played for a fool the whole time, ended the connection, thereby delivering the final blow of sorts to Ganondorf.

I didn't come to this conclusion upon playing the game for the first time -- it actually confused the hell out of me -- but after my second playthrough, this was the conclusion I came to and my thoughts on the subject have never changed. And they probably never will be. Only Nintendo directly saying something otherwise will change my thoughts on this, as the game heavily implies this is what went down. It's not exactly official, but I don't see much of an alternative.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
'If there is anything you desire then I shall desire it also'
That is the promise Ganondorf made to Zant. When Zant's spirit realised Ganondorf had used him the breaking of the neck symbolised the breaking of the deal and the connection between the two of them. Zant desired Ganondorf's death so Ganondorf lost his hold onto life. That is how I see it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom