• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Tp Could Be Before OoT

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has Skyward Sword Spoilers so if you did not beat the game or even get it, please do not read.
I have a theory of my own that places Twilight princess before Ocarina of Time. I am not much of a writer so I will get right to the point in a list containing why:
-Demise states that incarnations of his hate will be born in a never ending cycle.
_ Ganondorf in my opinion is his hate.
_ The Ganondorf in Tp is not the same Ganondorf in OoT.
_ Boblokins appear in Tp. :P
_ Chad talks about a civilization in the sky.
_Groose's full potential is creating weapons that shoot up into the sky or around the surface. (Hence the ancient Canon in Tp)
The very canon you shoot up to go to the sky temple with.
-Zelda's hairstyle is much similar to the Zelda's hair in SS. _
_The sages in Tp are not the same sages in OoT.
-The great deku tree does not show up in Tp.
-The temple of time in the sacred grove could of been a temple built over the temple of Hylia.
_ They talk about a messanger of the sky in Tp
So far thats all I have right now. PLEASE DEBATE :lol:

Last edited:
It's already been confirmed by one of the devs that Ganondorf is the same from OoT. He's on the Child Timeline and the cutscene in that is when Zelda and Link reveal Ganondorf's plan and he's caught, and reprimanded and sealed away. So they are the same Ganondorf.

Monsters are NEVER a good indicator of anything on a timeline considering they change drastically all over the series.

He speculates... He's not sure about the city in the sky, none of the scholars are.

Why would Groose build cannons to travel between Skyloft and the surface when they still have their loftwings?

Zelda's hairstyle is dependant on the artstyle of the game... it's not a viable argument for time theory at all.

Sages have been shown in the games to die, it's not so farfetched that these sages are new or are leaving their physical bodies for more celestial ones. But probably are just different sages.

The Great Deku Tree isn't in the game because it died in OoT and wasn't necessary for the story of TP.

If it wasn't for the fact that they made the Temple of Time in the past in TP HEAVILY reference OoT's I could might give you that one... but they really make it similar to OoT's.

Once again, anything about the city in the sky in TP is pure speculation and here-say, nobody knows anything about the city in the sky.

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
Why would Groose build cannons to travel between Skyloft and the surface when they still have their loftwings?

Take note of the end of Skyward Sword, Gaepora, Cawlin, Stritch, Groose, Link and Zelda are all at the Goddess Statue in the Sealed Grounds, perhaps most of the Skyloftians left Skyloft and therefor didn't need their Loftwings and they died out. There for the cannon was needed to travel between the realms.

Moonlight, Nice catch on the Groose/ Cannon theory +1 to you. :] However I don't think it is possible that TP is before OOT as Ganondorf is said to be executed by the Ehteral Sages. (need quote)

Take note of the end of Skyward Sword, Gaepora, Cawlin, Stritch, Groose, Link and Zelda are all at the Goddess Statue in the Sealed Grounds, perhaps most of the Skyloftians left Skyloft and therefor didn't need their Loftwings and they died out. There for the cannon was needed to travel between the realms.

Moonlight, Nice catch on the Groose/ Cannon theory +1 to you. :] However I don't think it is possible that TP is before OOT as Ganondorf is said to be executed by the Ehteral Sages. (need quote)

The birds wouldn't die out that fast... They still need to build some place to live, so they'd stay in Skyloft for a while for a place to rest and live while they were constructing a town. Remember it also shows Groose, Cawlin, and Stritch flying back up into the sky. They wouldn't desert their birds so quickly, especially with the powerful connection that the people have with them. Eventually they would all leave Skyloft, but it wouldn't be fast enough for their birds to completely die out, and by that time Groose would most likely be old or dead. Also, A catapult and a cannon are two very different technological machines.

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
True... It is Speculation. But that is all I can think of, so perhaps thinking in the future as Zelda vows to protect the Triforce, perhaps the Knights help her too? Considering Headmaster Gaepora is the Head Knight on Skyloft (I believe). But you rise a good point in such a small amount of time, Groose could of had a legacy.

A catapult and a cannon are two very different technological machines.
Using an example from another thread.

So is a calculator to a computer in under 50 years.

Also OP: Supporting the Oot then TP I am debating, it is possible that the Deku tree may have died out. (considering in oot it did die)

Last edited:
@Crash: I would like a proper quotaion from one of the devs that say Ganondorf is the same one in OoT. I highly doubt you should underestimate a species of bad guy for they could of been around in ancient times. Sure chad speculates but how are you not sure the timeline between the game is close by. Why would Groose build the groosenater? Impa said he did not use his full potential. Birds do not live forever or they would show up in later games which they have not. I would not underestmate hairstyles either.. so far hairstyles in this game symbolize a personality for instance Groose's. Sages do die but they can be replaced. What happened to the deku tree sprout? hmmm. he grew after you beat the forest temple. Actually in my opinion Tps because you go up a few stares to reach the master sword in tp. Well you go up a few stairs to put the master sword into the pedastal in Ss. Still its a city in the sky? well there was a land in the sky! Which housed an ancient civilization from what we here from Chad. Also the Ococoo's were said to move up to the sky. The skyloftians or ancient people could of moved down. I do not think Tp occurs right after Ss if thats where your going with this because things change in time like the great flood in Wind waker

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
At the end of Ocarina of Time Ganondorf is sealed in the void by the Sages where they decide on his execution, it is strongly alluded to in Twilight Princess that the execution scene after meeting the Ethereal Sages hints that this is the same Ganondorf from OOT.
According to Zeldawiki:
The current trends in timeline theory began on March 6th, 2007 when a, then, two month old interview with Eiji Aonuma on the Japanese Nintendo-owned website nindori.com was translated into English. The Hylia has provided the most recognized translation[5] thus far:
–When does Twilight Princess take place?
Aonuma: In the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years later.
–And the Wind Waker?
Aonuma: The Wind Waker is parallel. In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember? Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link’s time. In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction. In the middle of this game [Twilight Princess], there's a scene showing Ganon's execution. It was decided that Ganon be executed because he'd do something outrageous if they left him be. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time. Ganon was sent to another world and now he wants to obtain the power...
It is expected that many interpretations of this quote's various statements will soon follow.
It should be noted that the section where Aonuma mentions that it takes place "a hundred and something years later" was erroneously translated. The original text said "百数年", which literally means "several hundred years", rather than "a hundred and something years".

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Timeline_Quotes

Actually in my opinion Tps because you go up a few stares to reach the master sword in tp. Well you go up a few stairs to put the master sword into the pedastal in Ss.

I am unsure of what you mean here?

If you mean that in Skyward Sword when link puts the Master Sword back into the Pedestal in the past at the Sealed Grounds and that in Twilight Princess there is a decaying Temple of Time that houses the Master Sword in the Sacred Grove then... based on appearance one can conclude that yes the Temple of Hylia in the later becomes the Temple of Time in the sacred grove (presumptively).

Shad speculates based on the knowledge from Ancient Texts. We don't know how exactly the Pyramids were built yet there they stand. Origin sources decay and are lost through time, so Shad just bases this on THEORY (just like we are).

It is foreshadowed by the composers of the game that yes the Skyloftians do move down to the world below as Zelda and Link stay to protect the Triforce that rests on the Goddess Statute. It is never said where the Ooca came from so I am assuming they may/ (may not have) evolved from the Loftwings.

Why would Groose build the groosenater? Impa said he did not use his full potential.
Groose built it and I was complementing you on the Sky Cannon and the Groosenator, perhaps he did build the Sky Cannon perhaps he didn't that is why I am debating this.

What happened to the deku tree sprout? hmmm. he grew after you beat the forest temple.
Yes, but as I said at the start of this paragraph, the Execution Scene is presumably after the events of OOT when the Sages decided on Ganondorf's Punishment, trees can die you know. Who is to say that the Deku Tree Sprout did not die, in the Faron Province the Forest Temple is inside a large Tree, perhaps this is the effigy of the Deku Tree? Also, I can't remember which province but between the Eldin Bridge is it? There is a massive trunk of a tree? Perhaps this alludes to the Deku Tree?

Still its a city in the sky? well there was a land in the sky! Which housed an ancient civilization from what we here from Chad.
Shad never actually travelled up there did he? Nor did he play Skyward Sword... Shad is a scholar in TP he is basing his knowledge on texts in a future generation far in the future from Skyward Sword. The City In the Sky is either:
A) Skyloft decaying where the Ooca may have moved in to an abandoned floating slab of land (perhaps the Skyloftians returned to the earth)
:cool: A Completely different story.

Okay I am starting to get this how it should be after OoT, I totally overthinked the obvious! It is just the cannon that striked me and the incarnation thing as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom