• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tour of Hyrule Trailer!

I'm not counting on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if we start getting fan art of Zelda in her Gerudo outfit.

I'm excited to explore the faron area, looks really nice. Rainfall, and combinations of greens and blues, with Deku there as well.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Quick observation: Jabul Waters shows us two river Zora buildings which are the exact same asset. The sea Zora and river zora also appear to be reused assets. The music is all digital, although I'm liking some of the feel of it. If the map we see in the trailer is the entire map, it doesn't look like a very expansive game but I'm assuming that since Zelda rides a horse, there's probably more to the map than that. This seems like it's going to be a low effort Zelda spin-off. I know Nintendo does their cost benefit analysis for each of these games, but I'd really like to see an expansive 2D game with 10 times the content of Link's Awakening, unique character models (stop typing and admit that I'm not talking about the "special" characters) and assets, and fully orchestrated music. We'll see, I am excited for this game and I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Edit: very excited to see the return of rings.

Edit: I'm seeing some believable theories that the map we saw in the trailer isn't the full map. If the game is bigger than that map, I'll be excited to have a vast area to explore. I'm also thinking that with warp points and horses, we may run into a conflict where horseback is obsolete as soon as we can warp the way it was in tears of the Kingdom and breath of the wild.

Last edited:

Daku Rinku

On Break (Will Not Be Online for Now)
ZD Champion
Quick observation: Jabul Waters shows us two river Zora buildings which are the exact same asset. The sea Zora and river zora also appear to be reused assets. The music is all digital, although I'm liking some of the feel of it. If the map we see in the trailer is the entire map, it doesn't look like a very expansive game but I'm assuming that since Zelda rides a horse, there's probably more to the map than that. This seems like it's going to be a low effort Zelda spin-off. I know Nintendo does their cost benefit analysis for each of these games, but I'd really like to see an expansive 2D game with 10 times the content of Link's Awakening, unique character models (stop typing and admit that I'm not talking about the "special" characters) and assets, and fully orchestrated music. We'll see, I am excited for this game and I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Edit: very excited to see the return of rings.

Edit: I'm seeing some believable theories that the map we saw in the trailer isn't the full map. If the game is bigger than that map, I'll be excited to have a vast area to explore. I'm also thinking that with warp points and horses, we may run into a conflict where horseback is obsolete as soon as we can warp the way it was in tears of the Kingdom and breath of the wild.
Its possible the Zora map expands when you go underwater and explore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom