• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler TotK final boss is underwhelming

I think the final part of the fight is meant to be easy and it's more for cinematic ending to the game, same as it was for BotW

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Having finished TotK earlier this week and I LOVED the final battle! I love how it wasn't all different forms this time but just one on one combat with a bit of help from my friends . Its definitely a battle I'm going to replay. It helped me to try out all the things I've learned so far. And that asshole did some great dodging. The dragon fight was supposed to be easy I bet. I loved how Zelda helped out.
The final cutscene was the top of the cake. Personally I LOVE this game. From start to finish I enjoyed every single bit of the game. I felt deeply for Zelda. I was afraid she would stay a dragon forever and this was one thing I never wanted. Having to face so many ordeals in BotW and now a dragon?! But fortunately this wasn't the case :D

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Having a fight like puppet Ganon into Ganon himself in the series naturally sets a high bar for your final bosses
But the least you could do is not make the boss basically impossible to die to with even a handful of decent shields
the dragon phase is obviously more of just a free roll for cinematic value and I actually think it's the more memorable phase
It's even more disappointing when you consider that the overall boss quality in this game improved drastically from botw, with standouts like colgera and mucktorok

King Link

The Hero of the Kingdom
I actually quite enjoyed the battle. Its difficulty was significantly better than BOTW ganon. On whole it was a well made battle with many points that made me think of how great the the game was.

However, the ending was terrible. I personaly think that Zelda should have stayed a dragon to really show this is the Legend of Zelda not the legend of some random dude saves annoying princess. Like it feels to me like Nintendo just decided to make Zelda human again for the sake of a happy ending.

But overall I liked the battle.

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo (I have my card)
ZD Champion
I think the final boss not being too hard is rather refreshing, that as others have stated more eloquently, its about the experience not difficulty.

Ganondorf boss fight was one of the best.
Demon Dragon is just Dark Beast Ganon but slightly recycled better. It would have been way better if it was an actual final boss battle with the dragon who actually moves decently and attacks Link with its claws. The damage is also very weak. At least Dark Beast Ganon took you a good portion of hearts. Each of these gloom balls just take out a single heart.

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
Ganondorf boss fight was one of the best.
Demon Dragon is just Dark Beast Ganon but slightly recycled better. It would have been way better if it was an actual final boss battle with the dragon who actually moves decently and attacks Link with its claws. The damage is also very weak. At least Dark Beast Ganon took you a good portion of hearts. Each of these gloom balls just take out a single heart.
I wonder if the issue was the mechanics itself. Twilight Princess was rife with issues in the mounted combat, and I wonder if that plagued this final battle, it being a sky dive and aerial combat.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I enjoyed it simply because it made my nephew cry and throw up, inflicting real damage on a child which is pretty hilarious. I only say this now because he's currently playing Skyward Sword and just got to the boss in the Lanayru Mining Facility which he just shouted about in excitement and I told him not to throw up.

Edit: Damn, Moldarach was so difficult for him that his voice is cracking like he wants to cry even after I beat it for him. These Zelda bosses are something else.

Last edited:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I thought was great fun. The more dynamic nature and sheer scale of the dragon phase of the fight made it enjoyable even just to watch. The second phase of the fight wasn't especially difficult, but Zelda stopped caring about difficulty in OoT (and only started caring again in BotW).

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
I thought was great fun. The more dynamic nature and sheer scale of the dragon phase of the fight made it enjoyable even just to watch. The second phase of the fight wasn't especially difficult, but Zelda stopped caring about difficulty in OoT (and only started caring again in BotW).
I thought Majora’s Mask was pretty difficult, so much so I did not get far on my rental. :D

King Link

The Hero of the Kingdom
The demon dragon is very easy but yet again they go for a happy yet cinematic ending that has some scenes that look amazing as a backdrop.

Reason I say this is because I am trying to meet the whole battle in under 10 minutes.

I’ve got a travel medallion just around the Forgotten Foundation room with the history on the walls just to take in the eerie music…

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom