• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Top 5 Games From E3

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
1. xenoblade chronicles x
2.shin megami x fire emblem, hope its good
3. Star Fox Zero
4.the legend of zelda triforce heroes
5.fatal frame, My first time playing a horror game, I hope I like it

1. Star Fox Zero
2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
3. Fallout 4
4. Kingdom Hearts 3
5. Mario Tennis Ultra Smash

Yes I am more hyped for Star Fox Zero than I am for Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Can't really count Yooka-Laylee though even though some guys did a conference call from E3 to Playtonic Games about YL. I listened to it. But since it was not really talked about too much at E3 I will not count it in even though I think it's going to be very good.

Nintendo. Why did you have to screw up so bad......
Nintendo didn't screw up. And even saying that is totally off topic here. This is about your favourite E3 games. Not about people who can't understand that all of the big 3 had a good showing at E3 thus year.

5.fatal frame, My first time playing a horror game, I hope I like it
Hope you like it. If you can you should try out Eternal Darkness. A Gamecube game. But it's horror-ish themed and very good.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
1. Star Fox Zero
2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
3. Fallout 4
4. Kingdom Hearts 3
5. Mario Tennis Ultra Smash

Yes I am more hyped for Star Fox Zero than I am for Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Can't really count Yooka-Laylee though even though some guys did a conference call from E3 to Playtonic Games about YL. I listened to it. But since it was not really talked about too much at E3 I will not count it in even though I think it's going to be very good.

Nintendo didn't screw up. And even saying that is totally off topic here. This is about your favourite E3 games. Not about people who can't understand that all of the big 3 had a good showing at E3 thus year.

Hope you like it. If you can you should try out Eternal Darkness. A Gamecube game. But it's horror-ish themed and very good.
They did screw up. Saying anything else different is a form of fanboy even more extreme than mine.
Nico Nico, one of Japan's biggest distributors of media, has 52% of the viewers stating that Nintendo's E3 was "bad".
Nintendo's stock has dropped significantly after this E3 press conference.
There is a petition to cancel one of the games shown, and it has over 12,000 signatures
The trailers on Nintendo's channels, such as Amiibo Festival, Metroid Federation, Skylanders have substantially more dislikes than likes.
This E3. Was objectively bad. There is no other way you could put it. Sure you may be excited for a game here and there, I know I am. But Nintendo's E3 was extremely bad, horribly paced, and they didn't show off their games in the proper way. There is numerical proof to back that up, and no other way to slice it.
I wish I had more games on my top 5 list. But Nintendo didn't really bring the goods this year.
It was on topic however, as I was comparing my top 5 E3 games last year, to this year. Also, I love how you exclaimed that I was going off topic, but you scewed this topic even further.
So to avoid going off topic, please PM me if you have a refute. It is hard to beat my facts and statistics with blatant fanboyism though(And this is coming from a Nintendo Fanboy).

They did screw up. Saying anything else different is a form of fanboy even more extreme than mine.
Nope. It's being open minded and realistic. All of the big 3 did well. But I think you'll never understand this fact. Believe what you want to, free world and all.

https://www.change.org/p/gilbert-ma...force-cancellation-petition?just_created=true
Petition to remove the petition to cancel Federation force. People haven't even seen the full game yet and they are already complaining. I think the released game will not be great but it'll be better than what the complainers are saying it will be.

Also there is a lot of praise for SFZ. Some of it is here.
11071721_851068181644303_5198601890059356725_n.jpg

People just wanted XXX game like Metroid U or Zelda U (even though Aonuma said that will not happen - for Zelda U till 2016) and they complained. Objectively all of the big 3 did well.

If you want to say your piece to me here, I'll say it back here too. That's only fair. I didn't see you saying your piece to me in a PM. You have the right to say it here just as much as I do.

I didn't screw this topic initially, You did by saying Nintendo failed E3 which was false. I just kept it going that's all. Off topic also I know. So we are both guilty of that.

Last edited:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Nope. It's being open minded and realistic. All of the big 3 did well. But I think you'll never understand this fact. Believe what you want to, free world and all.
So you are really going to ignore all of those stats?
So you are calling over 70,000 Japanese gamers, 50,000 Western gamers, investors, and general press crazy and not open minded.....
Yeah that makes totally sense. Everyone else on the internet is wrong and only you are right....
k
You are going to make open claims yet avoid the cold hard facts.
k
You can believe whatever you want to, but it isn't how the rest of the world sees things. Of which I used the straight up numbers to explain.

So you are really going to ignore all of those stats?
So you are calling over 70,000 Japanese gamers, 50,000 Western gamers, investors, and general press crazy and not open minded.....
Yeah that makes totally sense. Everyone else on the internet is wrong and only you are right....
k
You are going to make open claims yet avoid the cold hard facts.
k
You can believe whatever you want to, but it isn't how the rest of the world sees things. Of which I used the straight up numbers to explain.
I gave you the facts. And the facts are also that SM3DW had a really bad reception after it's E3. People hated on it like wildfire. But in the end it was a great game. The hate for Federation force is for an unfinished game. It's there true, but I think it's best to wait till the game releases then we can see if the game is good or bad (like how Mario Party 10 was bad).

And you didn't even give links to back up your 70,000 Japanese gamers, 50,000 Western gamers. And which investors? Who from the general press? Any specific examples of who and exactly what they said? I gave you 3 specific members of the press that really liked Star Fox Zero.

About Nico Nico I did find this:
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/1...ng-final-xenoblade-chronicles-x-presentation/
Quite the opposite of the doom and gloom you are saying.

Nico Nico, one of Japan's biggest distributors of media, has 52% of the viewers stating that Nintendo's E3 was "bad".
Can you please show me where you found that information please. I don't disagree with you, but I'd like to see the evidence of that.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I gave you the facts. And the facts are also that SM3DW had a really bad reception after it's E3. People hated on it like wildfire. But in the end it was a great game. The hate for Federation force is for an unfinished game. It's there true, but I think it's best to wait till the game releases then we can see if the game is good or bad (like how Mario Party 10 was bad).

And you didn't even give links to back up your 70,000 Japanese gamers, 50,000 Western gamers. And which investors? Who from the general press? Any specific examples of who and exactly what they said? I gave you 3 specific members of the press that really liked Star Fox Zero.

About Nico Nico I did find this:
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/1...ng-final-xenoblade-chronicles-x-presentation/
Quite the opposite of the doom and gloom you are saying.

Can you please show me where you found that information please. I don't disagree with you, but I'd like to see the evidence of that.
Gladly
Taken directly on Nico Nico's E3 digital presentation
1301064663042238759.jpg

52%: "It's wasn't good
17.6% "It wasn't so good
13.6% "It was ok"
6.5% "It was pretty good"
9.9% "It was great"
50,000 western gamers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGu3Xe1uUUg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GIveAP_wtg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPDPSezEkcY
Look at the Like/dislike ratios
A very similar dissatisfaction even at the main digital event, very similar to Japan.

Investors aren't happy either
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/1...ly-significantly-after-e3-2015-digital-event/
nintendo_stock_e3_2015.png

Stock has decreased drastically after the digital event
As for general press. It isn't really hard to look at. Many gaming presses were disappointed in Nintendo's E3. Even coveted Nintendo journalists such as Gamexplain, Nintendolife, TheBitBlock. and Nintendoeverything are pretty disappointed overall. And liking one title doesn't mean liking the event. The overall event was terrible. But Star Fox seems pretty good, along with Triforce Heroes. That is what the press has been saying. Liking 1 title =/= liking the whole event.
Also. Super Mario 3D world had lukewarm reception, which is nothing like the pure outrage Prime Federation and Amiibo festival received
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwwjcfgTksU
Look at the like/dislike ratio in 3D world compared to the titles I listed above.
It is very much different.
I wouldn't say people hated it like wildfire. Not like Amiibo festival and Prime Federation.
This is significant outrage that no other Nintendo titles have really had.

I'd better explain this stock sell off to you and why it happened. There's always stock sell offs after keynote presentations. Happens to Apple (APPL) and others all the time. People are just playing the market. If the stock price stays lower over a long period of time then it's a worry. But the stock price is not really an issue in the short term. This behaviour is standard after most big keynotes from any company.

Sony 30.16-0.03 (-0.10%)After Hours
Microsoft 46.80+0.08 (0.17%)After Hours
Nintendo 19.96▼ -0.10 (-0.50%) Markets closed

Half a percent down? That's nothing. You can gain that back in a day.

Yeah those numbers really don't mean all that much as unless your a day trader, the stock market is not a short term thing, the smart person sees it as a long term investment. And the stock trends over years matter more than just the reaction of any particular keynote presentation on the stock for one day.

Well A lot of people didn't like Nintendo's presentation. Doesn't mean it was bad. Just means they didn't like it. I wonder how many of those people were already anti Nintendo to begin with. I'm not saying those people are not allowed to have their own opinions. I'm just saying people are just letting what Nintendo didn't show (ie no Metroid U as one example of many), to taint their overall impression of Nintendo's offerings. I don't see this as a worrying sign for Nintendo. Haters are going to hate. As long as Nintendo's sales are reasonable then it's all ok.

Before you say "I'm ignoring the evidence" I am not ignoring it. I can just see that people wanted something totally new from Nintendo. They got it, but the new games were honestly sub par to the games we already knew about and are going to be very good. And I think that's where the hate comes from. People do expect huge surprises at E3. Nintendo at E3 didn't do this. Nintendo just gave us more information about the games we already know about. I believe that's why all the hate is there.

I do understand this and maybe a bug reveal would have been better for Nintendo this year? Who knows. But what they did this year was nit unexpected or full of surprises, it was solid and gave people a roadmap till the end of the year. And Next year we'll have the Nintendo Directs to fill us in.

Thanks for sharing that information with us all. Much appreciated.

I still stand by my original statement that all of the big 3 did well at E3 this year. Neither of them crashed and burned. Even the Federation Force and Animal Crossing games were not total disasters. We have not seen the full extent of what both of these games are yet. So they are a case of wait and see. MS and Sony likewise did nothing majorly wrong either. Good announcements, showed their customers their roadmaps for the rest of 2015. And their customers could leave happy knowing they have at least one PS4 or XBone game to look forward too.

What do i think the game that did the worst at E3 was?
Probably Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. To me it looked amazing. But it did poorly because no one is talking about it. No one seems to care much about it at all, be it good or bad. And to me no reaction at all is much closer to a failure. But we'll get more info about it later in a Nintendo direct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom