• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Top 20 Actors

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Who are your top 20 favourite movie and TV actors of all time. These can include people who are no longer with us. You can include a little bit about why you like a particular actor or what roles of theirs you enjoyed.
I'll get back to you with my list at a later stage.

Djinn

and Tonic
This one is really hard, some people are genuinely great at acting different parts and really getting into a character while others like Schwarzenegger can only really play the exact same guy no matter what the role is but people still love them anyway.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
This one is really hard, some people are genuinely great at acting different parts and really getting into a character while others like Schwarzenegger can only really play the exact same guy no matter what the role is but people still love them anyway.
It's all a matter of which ones you like best. You might like Schwarzenegger's one character over the multiple characters of someone else.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Here is my list with 1 being my favourite and the others in generally the right order

1.Christopher Lee- He has been my favourite actor since early childhood, playing Dracula and the Bond villain Scaramanga. Then came The Lord of the Rings and the Star Wars Prequels where he played Saruman and Count Dooku. I loved his characters and his deep voice and imposing height added that perfect menace to them.

2.Anthony Hopkins- Another great actor, my favourite character he played is Hannibal Lecter. I preferred Hannibal to Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal of course also starred...

3.Gary Oldman- my favourite roles include Mason Verger, Sirius Black, Commissioner Gordon. Also like Christopher Lee he got to play Dracula.

4.Ian McDiarmid- I mainly like him for his role as Palpatine in Star Wars. He is mainly a theatre actor but he was also in Sleepy Hollow and the British series Utopia which is very good.

5.Arnold Schwarzenegger-Some movies need a skillful actor in the role but sometimes you just need Arnold being Arnold. Terminator series and Predator are my favourites.

6.Ben Kingsley- I like him because he does good films but he is also not afraid to do bad films as well. He starred in and was the only good part of the Thunderbirds film and of course Iron Man 3 where I was so excited to see him play Iron Mans greatest foe. BUT NO! He plays actor called Trevor Slattery who acts as a fake Mandarin working for a man who claims to be the Mandarin who still isn't actually the true Mandarin.
Ben Kingsley plays good parts in Shutter Island and Hugo also Self/Less. I also liked him in Prince of Persia, a reasonable film.

7.Liam Neeson- Qui Gon Jin (Star Wars), Ra's al Ghul (Dark Knight Trilogy)

8.Christoph Waltz- Blofeld (Spectre) Dr. King Schultz (Django Unchained)

9.Alan Rickman- Snape (Harry Potter)

10.Hugo Weaving- Elrond (Lord of the Rings), Agent Smith (The Matrix)

11.Ian McKellen- Gandarf (Lord of the Rings) Magneto (X-Men)

12.Hugh Jackman- Wolverine (X-Men) Van Helsing (Van Helsing)

13.Jim Carrey- I like all his roles my favourites are his portrayal of Count Olaf in A series of unfortunate events and Hank in Me Myself and Irene.

14.Charles Dance- Tywin Lannister (Game of Thrones) he was also the cave vampire in (Dracula Untold). My father has quite a strong resemblance to this actor, my friend was convinced my Dad was in (Alien 3).

15.Bill Nighy- Davy Jones (Pirates of the Carribean), Rufus Scrimgeor (Harry Potter)

16.Michael Clarke Duncan-John Coffey (Green Mile), Kingpin (Daredevil). He also did voice roles and had a really pleasant bassy voice. I liked his work in Kung Fu Panda.

17.Idris Elba- DCI Luthor (Luthor)

18.Jason Isaacs- Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter), Captain Hook (Peter Pan)

19.Benedict Cumberbatch- Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock) Khan (Star Trek) Smaug (The Hobbit)

20.Peter Dinklage- Miles Finch (Elf), Tyrion Lannister (Game of Thrones), Bolivar Trask (X-Men)

Squirrel

The Rodent King
1.) Michael Fassbender - "Magneto" from X-Men; "Stelios" from 300; main character in upcoming Assassin's Creed movie

2.) Ralph Fiennes - "Voldemort" from Harry Potter; "Amon Goeth" from Schindler's List

3.) Ewan McGregor - "Obi-Wan Kenobi" from Star Wars prequels; "Camerlengo Patrick McKenna" from Angels & Demons;

4.) Jared Leto - "Joker" from upcoming Suicide Squad movie; "Nemo" from Mr. Nobody; "Harry Goldfarb" from Requiem for a Dream

5.) Oscar Isaac - "Poe Dameron" from Star Wars: The Force Awakens; "Apocalypse" from X-Men: Apocalypse; "Nathan" from Ex Machina

6.) Ezra Miller - "The Flash" from upcoming Justice League movie; "Patrick" from The Perks of Being a Wallflower

7.) Jude Law - "Watson" from Sherlock Holmes movies; "Jerome" from Gattaca; "Hugo's father" from Hugo

8.) Cillian Murphy - "Scarecrow" from Batman Begins; "Fischer" from Inception

9.) Idris Elba - "Heimdall" from Thor; "John Luther" from Luther

10.) David Thewlis - "Lupin" from Harry Potter; "King Duncan" from Macbeth

11.) Gary Oldman - "Commissioner Gordon" from The Dark Knight; "Sirius Black" from Harry Potter; "Jean-Baptist Emanuel Zorg" from The Fifth Element

12.) Hugo Weaving - "Agent Smith" from The Matrix; "Lord Elrond" from The Lord of the Rings; "V" from V for Vendetta

13.) Mark Strong - "Jim Prideaux" from Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy; "Lord Blackwood" from the first Sherlock Holmes movie; "Merlin" from Kingsman

14.) Chadwick Boseman - "Black Panther" from MCU; "Jackie Robinson" from 42

15.) Matthew Goode - "Hugh Alexander" from The Imitation Game; "Ozymandius" from Watchmen

16.) Billy Crystal - "Mike Wazowski" from Monsters, Inc.; "Miracle Max" from The Princess Bride; "Calcifer" from Howl's Moving Castle

17.) Luke Evans - "Bard" from The Hobbit; "Gaston" form upcoming Beauty and the Beast movie

18.) Audrey Tautou - "Sophie Neveu" from The Da Vinci Code; "Amélie Poulain" from Amélie

19.) John Goodman - "Sully" from Monsters, Inc.; "Walter Sobchak" from The Big Lebowski

20.) Donald Sutherland - "President Snow" from The Hunger Games; "Fetisov" from Citizen X

Honorable Mentions:

Amr Waked - "Pierre Del Rio" from Lucy; "Sheikh Muhammed" from Salmon Fishing in the Yemen

Colin Firth - "King George" from The King's Speech; "Jamie Bennett" from Love Actually

Hiroyuki Sanada - "Shingen Yashida" from The Wolverine; "Kuranosuke Oishi" from 47 Ronin

Pierfrancesco Favino - "Commander Olivetti" from Angels & Demons; "General Glozelle" from Narnia: Prince Caspian

1. Bruce Willis, though lately not as much.
  2. Arnold Schwarzenegger
  3. Karl Urban
  4. Paul Walker
  5. Vin Desiel
  6. Jean Claude Van Damme
  7. Steven Seagal
  8. Jackie Chan
  9. Jet Lee
  10. Donnie Yen
  11. Milla Jovovich
  12. Jim Carey pre-trying to be serious all the time
  13. Mel Gibson
  14. Sacha Baron Cohen
  15. Adam Sandler (yeah I said it)
  16. Ben Stiller
  17. Will Ferrell
  18. Andy Samberg
  19. Patrick Stewart
  20. Idris Elba

Misty

Ronin
  1. John Hamm
  2. Dominic West
  3. Anthony Hopkins
  4. Benedict Cumperbatch
  5. Kevin Spacey
  6. Jack Lemon
  7. Robert Deniro
  8. Al Pacino
  9. Danny DeVito
  10. Jude Law
  11. Gary Oldman
  12. John Goodman
  13. George Clooney
  14. Brad Pitt
  15. Edward Norton
  16. Tom Cruise
  17. James Gandolfini
  18. Matt Damon
  19. Luke Wilson
  20. Gene Hackman
  21. All of these are in no particular order

Reactions: Dio
I'll choose 20. based on their acting talent (in my opinion), not on their personal lives.

1. Will Smith - Pretty much 95% of his films. I've always been a huge fan of his.
  2. Ken Wantanabe - His role in Letters From Iwo Jima sold me on him. Pure brilliance. His other roles in other films are just as good.
  3. Jackie Chan - The first Rush Hour sold me on Jackie, and this other films are very good as well.
  4. Linda Hunt - Mostly seen her in television, but a few movies also. One of the few very short people that can act with real power. I'm a fan.
  5. Dick Van **** - I always liked his crime television shows and other things. One of the older acters I like and respect highly.
  6. Judi Dench - Another actor I think is just so powerful on the screen. I think her stage craft is jsut so professional and so well done.
  7. Tony Robinson - I actually like him for his history documentaries mroe than his actiong on the screen and the stage. I'm a massive fan of his.
  8. Jerry Seinfeld -That man just makes me laugh. His comedy and his acting are just so funny. Even his few books are funny as.
  9. Hugh Laurie - Blackadder and Fry & Laurie sold me on him, past that I just have liked everything he's ever done (except how he releases his blues albums :D )
  10. Benedict Cumberbatch - I have not seen him in much, just one movie and Sherlock, but yeah such a quality actor and he plays the strange character just so very well.
  11. Kelsey Grammer - His humour feels very different to tue usual US humour. A lot mroe dry, witty and intellectual. That's probably why I like it so much.
  12. Christopher Lloyd - I've been going through his back catalogue and often he plays the not so smart, dry raspy voiced random just thrown into scene or show. But he does it so very well. BTTF and Taxi were two of his I liked a lot.
  13. Gene Hackman - Most of his movies are pure classics. Quite a few of them are not my thing and before my time but are all still brilliant and does not diminish my respect for hom as an actor.
  14. Sam Neil - Not the best actor ever. But just a random actor I do like. He seems to have an onscreen personality I can relate too.
  15. Russel Crowe - Don't like all of his films but I can't argue that he has some real acting talent.
  16. Morgan Freeman - His role in the Shawshank Redemption is literally flawless. Past that he has had some other great roles too.
  17. Jodie Foster - All of her roles have been just very solid. And most of the movies have been decent as well.
  18. Ewan McGreggor - A surprise. His movies I thought they'd be really bad, but no they were pretty good. I liked most of them. I liked his roles in them and how he has acted them. He's totally growing on me.
  19. David Suchet - Poirot. Enough said. . . yes that does mean I think his role as Poirot was totally amazing.
  20. Steven Fry - Funny and really intelligent all rolled into one.

Reactions: Dio

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
  1. Tom Hanks. He is my absolute favourite actor who has been in so many movies I love. From 'Big' to 'Forrest Gump' to 'Sleepless In Seattle'. And he's a really nice and funny guy IRL
  2. Johnny Depp. He's such a great character actor. For the record 'Edward Scissorhands' is my favourite film of all time, but I also loved him as Jack Sparrow, The Mad Hatter, and I also love films like 'From Hell', 'Secret Window', 'Public Enemies' and more serious roles like those.
  3. Helena Bonham Carter. Is it obvious I'm a religious Tim Burton fan? Meh. The point is she is one of my idols. Bellatrix Lestrange couldn't have been anyone else, and that is not to mention the plethora of other roles she's played.
  4. Julie Walters. Tbh I'd probably tie her with Tom Hanks if I think about it as my favourite actress. She is just an amazing woman- I loved her as Mrs Overall- she is a golden comedy actress. I adore 'Billy Elliot' and she's in that. Not to mention 'Buster', 'Calender Girls' and she's also Mrs Weasley.... there isn't enough praise for her tbh
  5. David Tennant. I just fell in love with him in 'Casanova', which btw was long before Doctor Who but don't even start me on Doctor Who. <3
  6. Barbara Windsor. I love the Carry On films with her dirty laugh and then she played the legend that is Peggy "GET AAAT OF MY PUB" Mitchell in EastEnders until recently. RIP Peggy.
  7. Ian Somerhalder. Not only is he literally the most gorgeous man on earth (dem eyes) but his performances are intense af. Damon Salvatore. Say no more.
  8. Joseph Morgan. He plays Klaus in The Vampire Diaries & The Originals, which btw Klaus is probably my favourite villain. But he's just great... you end up feeling bad for the bad guy. Not many actors can do that.
  9. Vivien Leigh. I adore this woman. Lady Olivier as she became, was in so many classics, but the ones that forever stand out in my mind are Scarlett O'Hara in 'Gone With The Wind' and Blanche Dubois in 'A Streetcar Named Desire'
  10. Clark Gable. "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn". No more perfect man for the role of Rhett Butler.
  11. Catherine Tate. Not just for Donna in Doctor Who but just because no actress pulls off comedy like she does. She's just one of those inherently funny people, much like my next choice.
  12. Victoria Wood. For everything she ever did, rest in peace.
  13. Whoopi Goldberg. She's just a legend, especially her performance in 'Ghost' but also for, of course, 'Sister Act' and 'Jumping Jack Flash'
  14. Gene Wilder. He could just be on here for Willy Wonka alone but I also love 'See No Evil, Hear No Evil'. If you haven't seen it you should.
  15. Tim Currie. I don't care for this remake of the Rocky Horror Picture Show coming up. I loved Tim as Frankenfurter.
  16. Alan Rickman. Can you imagine a more perfect Snape? No? Then what about Hans Grober in 'Die Hard'? Yeah thought not.
  17. Dame Maggie Smith. Seriously just watch literally anything with her in and you'll know why.
  18. Richard E Grant. He's never been in anything crap, ever. I've loved him since childhood- and my favourite of his is a little-known film called 'Jack and Sarah', which also stars Ian McKellan.
  19. Dawn French. I just love her, I grew up on 'The Vicar of Dibley' and 'French and Saunders'
  20. Steve McFadden. I don't care who judges me for watching EastEnders, he is a great actor and deserves more credit really.

Pen

The game is on!
Ooh! I love threads like this! Although they are very time consuming! DX Let's see... Here's my list. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone:

01. Benedict Cumberbatch
02. Geoffrey Rush
03. Hugh Jackman
04. Martin Freeman
05. Gary Oldman
06. Helena Bonham Carter
07. Tom Hanks
08. Edward Norton
09. Leonardo DiCaprio
10. Gwyneth Paltrow
11. Michael Fassbender
12. Scarlett Johansson
13. Morgan Freeman
14. Harrison Ford
15. David Thewlis
16. Keira Knightley
17. Samuel L. Jackson
18. Colin Firth
19. Meg Ryan
20. Nicholas Cage

^^

Last edited:

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
1. Uma Thurman - Hence theres a FOB song named after her <3
2. Samuel L Jackson
3. Johnny Depp (duh)
4. Myself, soon :cool:
5. Ben Stiller
6. Margot Robbie (I just think she's hot)
7. Emma Watson #ScreamQueens
8. Eva Green
9. @Pendio
10. Gary Sinse
And I can't think of anymore

Reactions: Pen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom