• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Top 10 Wii Games

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
i didn't like skyward sword, hence why it was omitted from my list of "a handful of games i enjoyed"

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
For me, it was:

1. Xenoblade Chronicles
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Monster Hunter TRI
4. Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
5. Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
6. No More Heroes/No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
7. Pandora's Tower
8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
9. Muramasa: The Demon Blade
10. Mario Kart Wii

It might be cheating to slide two games into the seventh spot together, but I liked them both equally. But in all actuality, I owned far more VC titles on the Wii than I did actual physical copies. Couldn't help myself, yo.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
1. Xenoblade Chronicles
2. Super Smash Bros Brawl
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. Pandora's Tower
6. Zelda Skyward Sword
7. Resident Evil 4
8. The Last Story
9. Sonic Colors
10. Wario Land Shake It

there's still a few games I plan to get,so the list may change around

Last edited:
1. Xenoblade Chronicles
2. Super Smash Bros Brawl
3.Super Mario Galaxy 2
4.Super Mario Galaxy
5.Zelda Skyward Sword
6.Resident Evil 4
7.The Last Story
8.Sonic Colors
9.Red Steel 2
10.Wario Land Shake It

there's still a few games i plan to get,so the list may change around
TP being one of 'em?

Dan

I still have a huge wii backlog to finish, these are games that I have completed however.

1. Super Mario Galaxy - Spectacular platformer, with colourful and creative environments, and I love the gravity mechanic.
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Same as above
3. No more heroes - Hilarious artsy fartsy game with some crazy weeoboo characters.
4. Super Smash Bros Brawl - The amount of hype I had for this game was unreal tournament, loved playing this with friends.
5. Zelda Twilight Princess - Sexy imp
6. Mario Kart Wii - Going back to this after Mario Kart 7 and 8 made me actually dislike the kart mechanics of this game a whole bunch, but at the time I had so much fun with MK wii.
7. Traumer Center - Thought it was one of the few games that made good use of motion control
8. Donkey Kong Country Returns - It's a neat platformer that made me buy banana's a lot.
9. Kirby Return to dreamland - Platformer where you suck things up and gain powers, with co-op, dislike frame drops at times though.
10. Super Mario Strikers Charged football - I loved this game the moment I got it, I don't think Nintendo will be making a new one for Wii U though. :(

There's still many games I want to try, making this list wasn't as hard as I realised.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
1. Sengoku BASHARA Samurai heroes. Sure it is also on ps3 but i have the wii version and i love the over the top dynasty warrior like game.
2. No more heroes.
3. Sonic colors.
4. Kirby return to dreamland.
5.Madworld
6.Super mario galaxy 2
7.Twilight princess
8.Smash bros brawl

I can't think of much more. Been to deep in 3ds and wii u and ps3.

2MooglesGaming

More fun than a bag of Kupo Nuts!
No More Heroes should be on more lists! Both the games are super fun, make good use of the Wiimote controls, and are among the most violent on the Wii (for what that's worth).

I also really enjoyed Muramasa, Okami, the Zelda and Mario games and Xenoblade.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
1. Xenoblade Chronicles
2. Metorid Prime 3: Corruption
3. The Last Story
4. Mario Kart Wii
5. The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
6. Deadly Creatures
7. Pandora's Tower
8. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
9. Okami
10. Wii Sports

And there are more. And more I haven't played. I want to play them all. I regret not paying more attention to my Wii when I had the chance.

I really don't get when people say the Wii didn't have good games. The Wii had the best games. Admittedly, I only realized this after the Wii was dead. I always thought the 360 had better games, but just a few years later, I realize how wrong I was.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
1. Sengoku BASHARA Samurai heroes.

I intend on picking this up at some point. Really enjoyed every anime season and the movie release of Sengoku BASARA, even if it was just another variation of group 1 trying to take out group 2, 3, 4, etc, for the subjugation of the land. And if it's a lot like Dynasty Warriors, as you say, then I'm a little more enthusiastic about giving it a go (barring some certain repetitious aspects).

No More Heroes should be on more lists! Both the games are super fun, make good use of the Wiimote controls, and are among the most violent on the Wii (for what that's worth).

This series is also what I wanted to try, although based on the little gameplay footage I've viewed it seems to have a rigorous combat system. Shaking the Wiimote to "recharge" attacks would get tedious in the heat of battle, methinks. Of course, that's said without ever experiencing it firsthand.

Dan

This series is also what I wanted to try, although based on the little gameplay footage I've viewed it seems to have a rigorous combat system. Shaking the Wiimote to "recharge" attacks would get tedious in the heat of battle, methinks. Of course, that's said without ever experiencing it firsthand.

It's not so bad, you don't even need to shake it much. You will sometimes lose charge and it can be a little annoying to get cover to recharge but it doesn't happen often. I can't remember if the first one supports the wii gamepad or not, I know the second game did. There's always the PS3 version if you don't want to shake it like you make it. The PS3 version also comes with a boss select and of course superior graphics.

2MooglesGaming

More fun than a bag of Kupo Nuts!
Yeah, it's really not much of a bother. Boss battles tend to include items that fully recharge the battery, so it's not like that's your only option. And it usually recharges pretty quickly.. Other than that, the combat system is pretty fun. You learn different wrestling moves and use them by moving the wiimote and nunchuck, which is always pretty exciting when you pull it off.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Too lazy to make a list, but let's say that The Last Story, Brawl, TP, SS, Sakura Wars, Spectrobes Origins, and Galaxy 1 were the best. My top three would probably be TLS, then Spectrobes, then maybe Galaxy or Sakura Wars.

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Xenoblade Chronicles
4. Metroid Prime Trilogy
5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
6. World of Goo (Wii Ware)
7. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
8. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
9. Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
10. New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom