• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Toon Link Poll‼

Which Toon Link Game was the best?

• Minish Cap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• Wind Waker

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Total voters

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Minish Cap is my personal favorite 'Toon Link' game, but I think I'll chime in and say that Wind Waker is the best Toon Link game overall.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm going with Spirit Tracks. It's my second favorite Zelda game, after all. There's just so much I love about it. I love how Link plays a part in the story, and I love the way he and Zelda work together. Plus, there were plenty of funny moments between the two of them, and of Link in general. In fact, Spirit Tracks Link is one of my favorite Links in the series.

Last edited:

Skywaker

Cheese & bacon potato
Spirit Tracks, no doubt. It's one of my overall favorites out of the whole series, and I love the general gameplay and most importantly, the music. ^^

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
The Wind Waker is my favorite Toon Zelda game because it had a great plot and was likewise a great sequel to Ocarina of Time. Not to mention, it had some great music also.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
The Minish Cap is easily my favorite Toon Link Zelda game. There is so much to do and it strongly reminds me of A Link to the Past, my favorite 2D installment in terms of gameplay and aesthetic.

From the thrilling music and window panes in the introductory scene you instantly receive an epic vibe as another dark period for Hyrule is foreshadowed. From there Link proceeds to the bustling Castle Town, observes Vaati unleash a torrent of demons out of his prize chest, and converses with the king of Hyrule who guides the hero on his journey. It's quick, it's efficient, and it works.

Moreover, Ezlo is one of my favorite companions in series history. He's talkative but never to the point of driving the player to insanity like Fi from Skyward Sword. His master-apprentice relationship to Vaati is intriguing and the quick recap he provides every time the game is booted up appreciated.

And then there's the title's principle perk-size manipulation. I absolutely loved shrinking down and exploring the world through the lens of a Picori. It was an overworld within an overworld and quite arguably the best dual terrain the franchise has ever seen. In addition, seeing regular enemies transform into extraordinary bosses was a startling juxtaposition which caught me off guard not once.

Last edited:
Wind Waker no question. It was the first time we saw toon Link and a lot of us went through the journey of hating him to loving him. Wind Waker was a fabulous game too and wouldn't have worked with any other kind of Link, Nintendo really knew what they were doing, whereas I feel as if PH, ST, MC FS and FSA could have been any other Link and it wouldn't have made much of a difference, really, in my eyes, Wind Waker is the only toon Link we've ever needed. No other toon Link has utilised the style as well as WW Link did, for example his eyes moving when you play the wind waker and other nice touches like that.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Ya wind waker and is the only one that needed to be toon, other toon games after that, are kinda in the category of me wishing they'd stop doing toon link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom