• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler To Better Understand TWW Backstory...

I have some questions about TWW's backstory:

1) Who are Tetra's parents? Someone had to give her that piece of Wisdom.

2) Where did Fado come from? If the Kokiri are immortal why wasn't he in OoT? And why was he the Sage shown and not Saria? Obviously by "current time" in the game, all the Kokiri are now Koroks... but how did Fado take over sagehood from Saria?

3) Who placed the pieces of Courage under the water?

4) WHY exactly did no hero appear? Was it that they were waiting specifically the Link from OoT? Surely a Link was alive during DNH's reign: where was he? Why didn't he step forward? For a while I thought that maybe this was due to OoT's Link going to Termina and so any future incarnations of him would be in that parallel reality instead of Hyrule... but where does TWW Link come from then?

Last edited:

zellinkda

one of many
may contain spoilers i don't think that the character you play as has to do with the hero of time told in the backstory genetically. his family celebrated the tradition of clothing sons in green. however, the hero himself was probably just a random traveler. as you know(i hope) link was only trying to save his sister, and ended up saving an entire kingdom. I think that the hero of time was doing basically the same thing. the reason he didn't appear the second time through is very logical. let's say you save this random kingdom.(let's call it....the kingdom of awesome) if you finished saving it, i don't think you would go back.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
It has to do with the split timeline theory. The theory is that when Link (Hero of Time) went back to his childhood, the adult branch still continued on from the moment link left. Since link left the adult timeline and lived out his childhood, there was no link in that adult timeline to step up when ganon broke free. Why wasn't this adult timeline erased when Link went and changed the past? I don't know but for some reason it continued on. It's confusing.

It has to do with the split timeline theory. The theory is that when Link (Hero of Time) went back to his childhood, the adult branch still continued on from the moment link left. Since link left the adult timeline and lived out his childhood, there was no link in that adult timeline to step up when ganon broke free.
So who is the kid in TWW? Just some completely disassociated kid? I guess that's what they keep trying to say in the game... Just seems so strange that in that timeline there will never be an incarnation of Link, but plenty of boy heroes who look EXACTLY like him (TWW/PH, ST).

I'm not sure if its confirmed or not by nintendo but i'm pretty sure that when they die all three will eventually be reincarnated or something like that so it will start again, so TWW link was a different Link obviously but a reincarnation chosen by the gods.

I'm not sure if its confirmed or not by nintendo but i'm pretty sure that when they die all three will eventually be reincarnated or something like that so it will start again, so TWW link was a different Link obviously but a reincarnation chosen by the gods.
If that's the case, where was his incarnation in the backstory? When Ganondorf broke from the seal, why wasn't there an incarnation of Link then to stop him and prevent that whole flood incident?

We don't have the answers for most of the question, but I will see what I can answer.

1) Who are Tetra's parents? Someone had to give her that piece of Wisdom.

Unknown. Most likely the King and Queen of Hyrule.

2) Where did Fado come from? If the Kokiri are immortal why wasn't he in OoT? And why was he the Sage shown and not Saria? Obviously by "current time" in the game, all the Kokiri are now Koroks... but how did Fado take over sagehood from Saria?

We don't know what Fado was up to during OoT. Saria was the Sage of Forest and not one of the Master Sword Safes.

3) Who placed the pieces of Courage under the water?

Since the Triforce of Courage split when Link left the Adult Timeline, we can assume that the pieces originally were above water, and that they were later submerged when all of Hyrule was.

4) WHY exactly did no hero appear? Was it that they were waiting specifically the Link from OoT? Surely a Link was alive during DNH's reign: where was he? Why didn't he step forward? For a while I thought that maybe this was due to OoT's Link going to Termina and so any future incarnations of him would be in that parallel reality instead of Hyrule... but where does TWW Link come from then?

The people was waiting for OoT Link to come, but he was on the Child Timeline, so he couldn't come. So, since he was gone there couldn't come any Link, nor descendant, to stop Ganondorf, but for some reason WW Link shows up in WW.

/Blue Window

Red Baron

Lucius Junius Brutus
It's entirely possible that up until WW, all Heroes were blood-related. However the ending of OoT ends this blood-line, therefore everyone was waiting for a hero who just didn't exist - it wasn't until WW that a new unrelated hero stepped up and was accepted by the gods (as posters above point out the difference between chosen and accepted).

If that's the case, where was his incarnation in the backstory? When Ganondorf broke from the seal, why wasn't there an incarnation of Link then to stop him and prevent that whole flood incident?

personally i believe because at that time the current incarnation was still alive in the parallel universe. basically there can only be one (lol highlander) which makes me assume that none of the games on the split time lines occure simultaniously with exception of perhaps OoX and MM(not at same time) due to the fact that they take place in a different universe which may have a different speed at which time flows.

We don't have the answers for most of the question, but I will see what I can answer.

Unknown. Most likely the King and Queen of Hyrule.
I get the impression that The Flood happened generations before "current time" in the game, so it would be unlikely that there could have been a Hyrule, let alone a king or queen of said kingdom.

We don't know what Fado was up to during OoT. Saria was the Sage of Forest and not one of the Master Sword Safes.
So a Kokiri we never met in OoT becomes a Sage after the events of OoT. What happened to Saria? What are those Sages so busy doing now that Ganondorf is sealed away? Why wouldn't those same Sages now be looking after the Master Sword?

The kokiri are never said to be immortal. They just remain in childlike forms for their entire lives.
I thought Mido says in the beginning that if you try to leave the forest you'll die? I took this to mean that the Kokiri are immortal in the sense that Tolkien's elves are immortal: they CAN be killed, but if they remain healthy, they live forever. Otherwise... how are new Kokiri born if Kokiri are always in children form? :/

And I guess I finally understand TWW Link: he has zero connection to any of the other Links and is just some kid trying to save his sister. He was not chosen by the gods, and he must prove to the gods that he's worthy of the Master Sword and worthy of the Triforce of Courage. But don't ALL Links have to prove themselves worthy of the Master Sword? ALttP's Link had to gather the Three Pendants of Virtue, OoT's had to gather the three Spiritual Stones, TWW's had to gather the three Goddess Pearls, TP's had to gain the blessings of three Light Spirits... I don't see how TWW Link had to do anything extra to prove himself.

Technically OoT link didn't need to prove himself worthy. he just needed to get into the sealed room where the sword is kept. as far as i know only link can pull the sword out of the PoT (kind of a sword in the stone dealio)

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I believe it was stated that Tetra's ship once belonged to her mother. Correct me if I'm wrong. Either way, her mother would have been a descendant of royalty. Unlike Links, Zeldas are said to have the blood of the Goddess, and are therefore all blood-related.

To Fledge

I get the impression that The Flood happened generations before "current time" in the game, so it would be unlikely that there could have been a Hyrule, let alone a king or queen of said kingdom.

Let me re-phrase myself then: Tetra's mother was a Princess of Hyrule (a princess in the term that she belonged to the Royal Family), nevertheless a pirate.

So a Kokiri we never met in OoT becomes a Sage after the events of OoT. What happened to Saria? What are those Sages so busy doing now that Ganondorf is sealed away? Why wouldn't those same Sages now be looking after the Master Sword?

I'm sorry that I don't have the answers.

To Locke

Tetras' mother was a pirate, and Tetra and her shared the same crew.

/Blue Window

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well my theory is that there was ahero. The flood was not an incident, but a method of sealing a Ganon that had become far too powerful. This hero would never have been recognised as a hero because the land flooded and of course the people would be reeealy grateful for that.

To Ganonking

The flood was a way of stopping Ganondorf from receiveing the Triforce. The Wind Waker intro tells us that the Hero of Time didn't come to help the people, but their might have been someone else who tried to stop Ganondorf. Nevertheless, he could not have been very important, because this is King Hyrule's story:

My power alone could not stop the fiend, and our only choice was to leave the fate of the kingdom in the hands of the gods... When the gods heard our pleas, they chose to seal away not only Ganon, but Hyrule itself...and so, with a torrential downpour of rains from the heavens... Our fair kingdom was soon buried beneath the waves, forgotten at the bottom of the ocean.

He did in any way not meet any other hero, but a future game might show that there indeed was one.

/Blue Window

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom