• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Timeline Release?

DLC

Soul Drummer.
No, No, they're not actually releasing a timeline. it'd just be cool for the 25th anniversary to release one with Skyward Sword..
Then it'd be the total year of Zelda with Skyward Sword, OoT 3D and a timeline.
Just sayin.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Come to think of it, it might be a good idea to release a small portion of the timeline and add more events to it to actually increase the level of speculation and theorizing. It would be like a new game but without all the worry of gameplay to overshadow the story, and more like a 'historical document' than one isolated story.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
I've thought of this as a possibility for a while.
It has been 25 years, and timeline theorizing has slowly been dying out. It'd be a perfect time to release it. If it was released, i'd be happy. Although I can imagine some theorists getting angry because their timeline turned out to not be the real one and then go on about how the actual timeline shouldn't be canon.

Djinn

and Tonic
This is why I hoped for some sort of definitive hardcover book going over the series. I have mentioned this in a couple other threads also speculating on what will be released on the anniversary. Some kind of "Art of Zelda", or "History of Zelda" anniversary collectors edition book. A few series in the past have done this and they normally include things like interviews from the creators, overviews of some of the parts of the series, artwork, concept art and dropped concepts. One section could cover something like a speculative timeline for the series.

Disney occasionally releases their hardcover "Art of" books that cover all these things. And they are always interesting reads.
51FXF3JSVJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51kMEX9zPTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I love insider information like that, and I believe this would cover everything. Art for the art fans, interviews for the creator fans, and a timeline for the timeline fans. If Halo can have one I do not see why it is impossible for Zelda to have one as well.

DLC

Soul Drummer.
Come to think of it, it might be a good idea to release a small portion of the timeline and add more events to it to actually increase the level of speculation and theorizing. It would be like a new game but without all the worry of gameplay to overshadow the story, and more like a 'historical document' than one isolated story.
That woud be awesome. it would boost fan craziness to an altime high and stuff. just sayin.

I would love a timeline, after all, aren't we supposed to know what we're freaking playingand the actual history of hyrule? one day we will have to know after all and I personally would be thrilled to find out finally about the actual progression of the saga...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom