• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Time Vs Polish

Would you rather have a game sooner, or have a more polished game later?

• I want the game NOW!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can wait, if they need more time I'll give it to them.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
Have you ever really wanted a game, but it doesn't come out for what seems like forever, because they are "polishing" it? Is it better to give the developers polish time, or would you rather get the game ASAP? Do you think that the polish time actually adds on to the quality of the game at all?
I've heard mixed reviews about this. Lots of people want the game NOW, but others want the game to be as good as it possibly can be. I can think of some games that should've gotten some more polish, but was released soon.
So, what do you think? Polish or Time?

The way I see it, the game will come out eventually. I can wait.
Give the developers as much time as they need, and the game will ultimately end up better in the end anyway.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I can always wait. There hasn't been a game come out just yet, then I have to have right NOW. I may not always wait for the price drop before I get it, but you won't be seeing me waiting first in line for it as well.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I'm torn between the two. There are games which I know were in development for a long period of time but still underwhelmed like Duke Nukem Forever and other speedy creations which rocked the world for example The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Overall, I'd say that while every game is different, anywhere from a year to three is logical for development time. Any less will result in the release of a lackluster product and any more and the period of development hell may begin.

I personally hate nothing more than an unfinished product. Plus, giving us something incomplete gives them an excuse to charge us more money for some DLC nonsense. I will always choose patience if it means a better product.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I can always wait for a game to be polished. What really bugs me, though, is when a game is completed and has a delayed release in PAL countries. A prime example is Super Smash Bros. Brawl, released in Australia 6 months after Japan and 3 months after the USA. I almost killed myself.

Taking you time on a game is the most important thing for gaming. A prime example of a completely unfinished game is E.T. for the Atari.

I could hardly wait for Skyrim but it paid off so it is better to give them time!
Now I am waiting for GTA V :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom