• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Time Trial

D

DrDo0MxPHD

i want to see how long it takes me to finish this game. stay tuned ill post as i complete stuff.

Start: 6:21
Talkin to Navi(gation) xD

6:49 entered deku tree
took forever batteries died in controller couldnt find any

7:07 Gonna fight Queen Gohma(Boss)

7:09 Beat Gohma

7:11 Finished Legend

7:45 egg finally hatched

8:00 finished talking to princess

8:01 got zeldas lullaby, heading to death mountain

8:18 got all da chickens

8:25 got to goron city

8:54 forgot sarias song, went back and got it

9:09 entered dodongos cavern

9:28 finished dodongos cavern

9:47 entered zora domain

10:07 food break

10:16 back with food, going in jabu jabus mouth

10:44 beat jabu jabus belly

10:50 got ocarina o time

11:01 got master sword

11:21 got hookshot

11:40 learned minuet of forest and entered the forest temple

12:57 go fairy bow. Stalfos were glitching in the walls, happened twice. had to quit game and restart.

1:36 beat forest temple

1:53 A.M. set for fire temple, but im tired(i work fo a living) ill pick up tomorrow)

2:20 P.M. got home from work, loaded up zelda, entered fire temple

3:27 fighting volvagia, wack a mole status!!

3:30 beat volvagia, got medallion. moving on to water temple

4:23 GC overheated, crashed, gonna give it sum time to cool off

5:13 Finished. only got to water temple but my controller is so old, the l button+c stick stopped working. impossible to finish without them

Last edited by a moderator:

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Is this going to be a diary like Thread? Or did you really edit this post every time you proceed in the game?
Well, this is a strange Thread.

Edit:

Ok, you have just posted another message. So the intension of your Thread is more clear now. But still, it is a bit strange.

D

DrDo0MxPHD

yea ill just edit, ive tried just posting but it glitcheds and double/triple posts.

i get its strange lol but i was gonna record how long took anyway i thought u guys might wanna know

Peeps1080

Not the marshmallow
:O You got to the Fire Temple in under a day... I started playing OoT when I was maybe 5, I was in the Deku Tree for about 5 years, now I'm 13, at the Ice Cavern... on my 1st play through... lol

D

DrDo0MxPHD

well when i was born my parents had TLoZ, they are literally the LoZ masters, used to skip work so they could play, and they trained me as well. when OoT came out my mom picked up few days after its release and i helped her figure out every part of this game. i still remember how to do all the temples n stuff. i miss the shadow temple so i have to redo it get there lol. i wish OoT was like the LoZ, where when you beat ganon it would restart everything, but ud start the master quest.
:O You got to the Fire Temple in under a day... I started playing OoT when I was maybe 5, I was in the Deku Tree for about 5 years, now I'm 13, at the Ice Cavern... on my 1st play through... lol

MW7

8:01 got zeldas lullaby, heading to death mountain

8:18 got all da chickens

8:25 got to goron city

8:54 forgot sarias song, went back and got it

9:09 entered dodongos cavern

I like this, a narrated run is interesting.

Just a little tip: you can go from goron city to the lost woods through the warp by carrying the fire from Darunia's room with a deku stick from torch to torch until you are at the ones near the warp. Then you just roll into the bomb flowers with a lit deku stick. This helps a lot if you forget to go to the lost woods as you did (and I have many times), and it is faster than going through hyrule field to the lost woods then going to goron city.

D

DrDo0MxPHD

another way i do it is i go up top death mountain get magic then go get the din fire, cause u need it later that way if i forget u just use that. but im rushing so im forgeting to get stuff

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I like this, a narrated run is interesting.

Just a little tip: you can go from goron city to the lost woods through the warp by carrying the fire from Darunia's room with a deku stick from torch to torch until you are at the ones near the warp. Then you just roll into the bomb flowers with a lit deku stick. This helps a lot if you forget to go to the lost woods as you did (and I have many times), and it is faster than going through hyrule field to the lost woods then going to goron city.

WOAH! I NEVER KNEW THAT! I sometimes forget Saria's Song and I'm at Goron City and I'm like "waiittt....oh. Right. Run ALL the way back to the Lost Woods!" Thanks!

D

DrDo0MxPHD

everytime... EVERYTIME!!!! I ALWAYS FORGET!!
WOAH! I NEVER KNEW THAT! I sometimes forget Saria's Song and I'm at Goron City and I'm like "waiittt....oh. Right. Run ALL the way back to the Lost Woods!" Thanks!

MW7

You're very welcome. I've played through the game 20+ times over the last 13 years and I didn't know about this until a month ago when I read it somewhere on these forums. Someone wrote about how this is used for speedruns since it saves you time, and I was shocked by how awesome of a trick it was. And it's so logical too... Fire + Bomb = Explosion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom