• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Thunderstorms, should I stay or should I go

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I just caught up a message in the sb. I only saw one word and it was thunderstorm. That makes me wonder....what do you think of them? Hate them or not? I totally LOVE them. I can watch them for hours. I can understand people being scared the crap out of themselves when a thunderstorm happens because they can be frightening. But I can't watch enough of them. So what's your opinion?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I do enjoy t-storms. Thunder is cool, lightning is pretty and I adore listening to the rain. Unfortunately, I can't appreciate storms as much as I used to in my current residence :( Unless I actually go out in the rain, and I don't very much enjoy actually being in the rain or struck by lightning. :err:

I enjoy thunderstorms; they are very atmospheric. Summer rain is kind of boring if there isn't some thunder or lightning included. The thunderstorms today are a good example of my ideal thunderstorm. Lots of rain, but generally a very mellow storm as far as wind gusts go, and the lightning didn't get too close.

I enjoy more severe storms as well but the risk of damage makes them a little worrisome. One of our best yard trees got nailed by a windstorm from hurricane Ike and it never recovered. Got really sick, opened it to a bunch of borers and ants, and it possibly got struck by lightning last year. When storms cost us trees, it makes me sad. We've also lost a redbud tree and a flowering plum to severe winds.

One nice thing about where I live, though, is that our powerlines are mostly underground so we're less prone to losing power unless something goes wrong above ground at a station or something. We had a derecho hit us back in 2013 I think it was and we were without power for like 20 hours or so, but that's the longest we've been without power.

I am less fond of the storms where the tornado sirens go off when the air is still and calm, those storms usually are too... crazy because you know they're coming at you fast. I adore nature, but I also respect the fact that although it is awesome, it can be dangerous when it wants to be. I usually take my pet plants to the basement if the weather gets really bad.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There is one on here in England right now!

I absolutely love storms. The sounds of the the heavy rain and the thunder are truly delightful. I love the flashes of lightning too. Watching a storm is so theraputic. Wish we had more of them to enjoy.

I get a bit of a headache when there are thunderstorms, not too badly though. I’m sat up watching it at the moment, it seems really close.
67BF1EF3-6E63-427E-A516-A3F5F9BBBEA5.jpeg

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I got caught in a thunderstorm earlier this week walking my dogs, and it was an awesome experience. I love the sound of the thunder and the flashes of lightning. I even like when you can't see too far in front of your face because the rain is coming down so heavy. Thunderstorms are by far my favorite type of weather. Ideally, they don't cause any damage.

I love the build up to storms, when the air gets a little bit warmer and you can hear thunder booming. There's an ominous atmosphere to it that I enjoy. Then the storms themselves are so beautiful. I used to always sit at my window during a storm or run outdoors for a brief moment when I was younger.

I have also almost driven off the road because I was mesmerized by lightning in the distance. Lightning behind clouds at night is beautiful.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Love it. Looking out the window at the lightning amd the streets flooding with water. Listening to the rain in a warm blanket inside. Love it

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I enjoy thunderstorms if I get to be inside for the duration of them and don't have to walk outside in the mud afterwards. I also really enjoy the change in atmosphere and feeling just before a storm outside (so long as I can get my ass inside before it starts).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom