• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Throwing It All Away For The One

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hello. If, given the choice, you were to keep all of your possessions and your kith and kin ties or throw it all away for the person that you truly love. Would you ever consider throwing it all away for the one you love?

Me, I would weigh both choices. Sometimes, having a lot of possessions whether material or immaterial just doesn't equate to happiness. Being successful doesn't equate to happiness. Sometimes, we just need to love and to be loved. But, if it mean that I had to destroy the connections that I made previously...perhaps it wouldn't be the best choice. I would be in turmoil at that point. My true love is within my grasp, but do I really have to give up in order to receive?

D

Deleted member 14134

The better question is would this person still love you without all of your "possessions?"

If that person was really your one true love? Then why would they make you get rid of or why would you have to throw it all away for possessions or kin that you already loved?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
If that person was really your one true love? Then why would they make you get rid of or why would you have to throw it all away for possessions or kin that you already loved?

Exactly my thought. It's not that I weigh posessions over people, but someone who truly loved you wouldn't make outrageous demands for you to prove your love. If the question was if I'd give up my posessions so that the one I loved would live, then my answer would be yes. Anything material can be regained, and the memories you have won't go away even if the item they're attached to goes away, but you can never get back a living being once they're gone.

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
I would go for love material things never last and if this person truly loves u then it should last forever -blackkirby 2014

if you have a collection within reason then that person is nothing but a control freak, the only feasible way I could imagine a loved one making you get rid of a ton of stuff is if you have a serious, out-of-control hoarding problem that eats up your cash and makes your own house look like a live-in junkyard

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I don't believe in 'The One'. It's a ridiculous notion that in a planet of 7billion people there is only one person for everyone. Because then the probability that you'll meet that person would be tiny. Like, it would more than likely be someone from an Amazonian tribe or something, not a friend of a friend or someone you went to uni with, which is how most people meet their future spouse. But if I had to decide, it would really depend on what would make me happier.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Funny you mention this as I've been feeling like I've been giving up my entire past for this new person in my life.

I don't think it's a good idea to give EVERYTHING up for one person.

You have to live for yourself and yourself only. Do what feels right and what makes you happy. And if being with this person is your ultimate goal in life...go for it...as long as the other person feels just as strongly.

I'm a strong believer in independence, but some people want to spend their life with another person and give everything up. Which is fine if thats what they want to do.

And as for what "The One" is...I think its true that there is someone out there for everyone...but I don't think there is ONLY one person that you could share your life with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom