• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Thoughts on Zelda Guides/Companions

Best/Worst Companions

• Navi is the best

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tatl is the best

• King of Red Lions is the best

• Midna is the best

• Fi is the best

• Navi is the worst

• Tatl is the worst

• King of Red Lions is the worst

• Midna is the worst

• Fi is the worst

• Total voters

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I actually liked all of the companions but my favourite by far is Ezlo.

I know you aren't including The King of Red Lions but I do want to say he is one of my favourite Zelda characters of all time, especially if you read his dialogue in a Sean Connery accent.

Vanitas Remnant

You've done it, Ventus.
Iowa, or Hell. They're both the same thing.
Lessee here...

Tatl helps in battle.

Midna helps rid ya... of... ghost rats...

Navi is savvy. lol that didn't ryhme

Celia doesn't keel ya...

Ezlo got Derezzed, lo.

Fi helps you not die.

King of Red Lions isn't lyin'.

Zelda isn't Beldum.

And that's why rhyming a Zelda character's name with something is impossible. But anyways, I happen to like 'em all. Ezlo is MAYBE my favorite. Maybe.

They weren't companions really per se but Zelda and Sarashahashalashahasha in LttP were done well. They gave you advice that was often useful, and you could just ignore the pads in the wall if you already knew the advice, so it never felt intrusive.

Navi was annoying. It's not like her advice wouldn't've been useful on a first run but when she stops the gameplay to tell you things you already know it's really grating. Once, Navi stopped me in Jabu Jabu's Belly to tell me that a certain switch was too heavy for me to press down by myself... while I was in midair, holding Ruto, about to land on the switch. That's pretty ridiculous. Luckily, excluding wallmasters, she shuts up at about the forest temple, leaving you be. She's not nearly as annoying as Kaepora, who has lengthy, unskippable walls of text while playing as child link (and if you weren't paying attention, you risked listening to them again!), especially whenever you tried to go somewhere you weren't supposed to. What they should've done is made Navi and Kaepora less intrusive and place more emphasis on Saria's Song, but oh well.

Tatl was the first companion with personality, and she was done well. She constantly harassed you during the first cycle, but that's fine, because fit well with the feeling of being rushed, and it would've been absolutely frustrating if you didn't know what to do considering you couldn't save yet. I liked her personality, yeah, she started off bratty but she slowly warmed to Link and she was certainly a lot more interesting than Navi.

KoRL was done well too. He was a much more major character than Tatl and he never felt intrusive (apart from maybe the beginning where he forces you to go to Dragon Roost and stay there till you're done). On the other hand, he didn't make me care about him - he just felt like a bog-standard character.

Ezlo was good - he had character and he was generally unobtrusive. He was so unobtrusive, though, I kinda forgot about him most of the time.

Midna... hmm. I used to like Midna, but after replaying TP recently I have a problem with her. I mean, on paper she could've been an interesting character (using Link for her own use, but slowly starting to care about him), but... the change is instant. She goes from not caring about Link to caring about Link instantly, and it kinda ruins her as a character. It was nice to see the companion have a larger impact on the gameplay, though.

I can't remember much about PH, so I can't comment there.

Zelda's done pretty well. She's got a lot of personality and she's never obtrusive, but the parts where you had to control Link and Zelda felt really awkward.

Fi's probably been the worst companion so far. She was incredibly intrusive, going out of her way to harass you about every little thing. She had such little personality, I mean, I understand what they were trying to do with Fi vs. Ghirahim but she felt out of place compared to the rest of the colourful cast in this game. And what was the point of her predicting a chance of something being right, when she was always right? I bet if you worked out the chance of her being right every time given her predictions, it would turn out to be tiny.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I guess i forgot to included Ezlo, but he freaked me out. So i'm not counting him.

Edit:

He was the first 2d companion, and actually pretty useful if i zoned off and forgot what I was supposed to be doing i could just hit select and he'd say we're supposed to go to the mountain or what ever.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
You forgot quite a few companions.

I voted for the one choice that is the truest in my opinion. Fi is the WORST.

God I hate Fi. She's so... emotionless. Even though that's how she was meant to be (only god and Nintendo know why), I don't want to be traveling around with a lifeless robot of a companion that states the obvious SOOO much.

"Master, there is a 95% chance this dirt is dirty." Thanks Fi.

The worst part was that Fi could actually be useful. I frequently asked for her analysis of a boss for help. If only she didn't speak unless spoken to, or if only she didn't say obvious things all the time.

Getting off the topic of Fi, my favorite companions were probably KoRL, Midna, and Spirit Zelda. While some were more helpful than others (KoRL) and some were more involved (Midna, Zelda) they were all great

i liked all of them though navis hey listen were sometimes annoying,midna were at the begging a bit annoying too but i really started liking her,the king of the red lions were pretty cool and the reason why i also liked him,he were the king of hyrule,i really enjoyed cielas fighting with linebeck it brought me to laugh lots of times she were frienly to link too and not annoying,zelda in st were great as a sidekick beening around link all time was cool,she were joking a bit and was really helpfull cuz she werent telling the so obvious things but none of them is been delivering as much as information as fi,seriously what do people hate on her?ok, shes a a bit robotic but shes still great,shes giving you information about everything,current quest,equipment,tipps,hints just everything she dont bothers link or is,like midna speaking bad about zelda althought she did that only in the beggining,to be honest fi,or maybe zelda cant decide,is my fav sidekick of all and the good-bye at the ending really hurts....by everyone of them,except zelda luckily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom