• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Thoughts on 100% Percent Completion?

Z

zeromaru

Hey, I'm was recently playing Links Awakening for the Gameboy and realised that while I had progressed through the game fine and had a lot of fun playing it, there was a side-stuff I left out. An example would be getting all the photos.

Anyway, I guess my questions are: How do you feel about 100% completion and would you replay a whole game for it?

BTW: I haven't beaten Links Awakening yet, so please don't spoil anything.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I personally feel that 100% completion is a waste of time as I typically do it WITH aguide rather than on my own. Furthermore, it is hardly a test of one's own skills unless they're doing it by themselves all the way through; I much prefer other challenges like minimalist runs or 3HCs to 100%ing. :)

On the off chance I WILL replay for 100%, it's not because I want to but because I feel I have to do it to be a "master Zelda palyer". MLG PRO XX.

Last edited:
Z

zeromaru

Does this belong in WoZ? I used LA as my example but the question is pretty universal. Anyway, I get what you mean, even if I try my best to beat the games on my own. :reggieface:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
100% completion is not strict to Zelda, so General Gaming seems suitable ^^
(but what do I know, I'm not a mod ;))

I do like to 100% games, because it gives me a sense of completion. I typically try not to use a guide, but the only game I ever 100%ed on my own was Twilight Princess. I like to play games for their full worth, not just to play it through once and leave it. Developers put extra content in a game for a reason, they want to encourage gamers to play games for all the goodness that they are, instead of leaving the game on the side, collecting dust.

I enjoy playing games to 100% completion. It can be fun exploring everywhere to find every nook and cranny and find all the hidden items and power ups. It can really depend on the game though, because if it's a linear game, then why bother.

But playing games like the Zelda series or the Metroid series make everything funner. :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Even outside of Zelda, I rarely 100% because the suff I'm looking for is usually around ~50% of ingame content anyway. Still, it's fun to 100% if you get some sort of reward besides bragging rights at times. :)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I ALWAYS shoot for 100% completion. I'm a perfectionist, and that carries over to the video games I play. I don't feel right if I don't try to get everything. It's because of this that I don't believe in minimalist runs or thee heart challenges. And yes, I will replay a game to get 100% completion.

It's a fun thing to do for whenever I have the capability/drive, but some games are simply impossible to 100%. *Cries in corner staring at Animal Crossing*

I hardly ever try to 100% a game. The only game I can think of that I got 100% on is Bioshock Infinite if you don't count 1999 mode. I got all of the infusions, all 37ish sightseer things, and even all 80 voxophones.

Skittles

Rainbows!
I've only 100%-ed two games...TP and aLttP. One of which is my second favorite Zelda game of all time. No, its not TP. :P

Anyways, I've never really seen the point of 100%-ing most games. It just seems to me like a waste of time and I found after beating TP 100% I just don't want to go back to any more. It's like I've done everything there was to do and I just think, what's the point? For me, 100% seems to take the fun out of the game because that means there's really nothing else to explore in the game and nothing more to do, so, no I don't because it makes gaming less fun for me (and because I'm weird, apparently...) :O

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I do it once per game. It's a nice little challenge, but generally the things required for 100% aren't fun. I only use a guide to mark off missable content--I started doing this around Wind Waker when that Nintendo Gallery successfully trolled me 3 times.

Salem

SICK
It would be nice if games have reasonable in game hints and checklists for the collectables...

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
If the game is just so much fun, I'll shoot for it. Like, I tried to discover and empty every single location in Skyrim. And that was fun! But it depends on what the 100% entails, really. I also loved Assassin's Creed 2 but, I couldn't really be bothered to run around the city and find all the feathers. Same with it's sequels, I just did all the stuff, bought everything, but didn't hunt for those collectables.

But I would always 100% a game for myself. I don't really care about some achievement for it. :P As long as I'm having fun, woo!

Zorth

#Scoundrel
It's my usual routine for every Zelda game after I've just gotten it, I firstly just speed run through it to see the story and collect as little stuff as possible, a.k.a a minimalist run. Then I start over again and try to find all the hidden and/or other stuff I might've missed during my first play through as I progress through the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom