• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things You Tried to Do.......

Trying to land on the top of the waterfall in Skyloft... After 20 tries, I figured out that you can't land on the top...

Last edited:

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Heh, interesting thread choice.

Hmm, I'll tell you something that I tried that actually DID work that I don't think was meant to. In the Sky Keep, I managed to rearrange the rooms in a way that allowed me to completely bypass the Earth Temple room, although I'm fairly certain I wasn't supposed to! x3

Mine mostly revolve around the bug net.

I tried catching fish with it, remlits, npc heads and merchant' s wares.

So did I, most especially the remlits. Haha, trying to catch NPC heads sounds fun though, didn't try that one. xP

I tried catching fish as well XD
One of the weirdest things I tried was completing the eldin volcano 'prison break' thing without the slingshot. I found that I could get past a lot of the seemingly impassable guards by using the clawshot to push them back. I'd just keep pushing until I could run past without being seen. I had to go back eventually though as you can't get past the guard tower without it.
I managed to find a few small glitches that allowed me to get to places that usually weren't possible to reach. But often there'd be a barrier stopping me from going any further anyway

Oh, the clawshot? That's a pretty good idea. Originally when I tried to get through there, I hadn't even realized that I was supposed to retrieve the slingshot before doing so, so I actually got passed those guards without using any items at all. If you walk into their range of vision a few feet away from them, rather than seeing you immediately, they perk up as if to think "oh, is there something over there?" (there must be something seriously wrong with their vision since they can't clearly see Link in front of them....) at which point you have time to circle around them and run through the opening they left unguarded. Using this approach, I got to the guard tower as well...only to realize that I had indeed missed something crucial, and thus went back to retrieve said slingshot, for the guard tower which was impassable without it.

--Oh, oh! Here's a good one: you know the claimed 1:1 sword play that this game features? Well, I tested this right away after I borrowed the knight's sword from Eagus and was actually let down that it didn't work... I took my wiimote and pretended to stab myself in the chest with it. Er, it's not really a surprise that the game wouldn't let me, but I was still bummed about it. xD

Try stabbing yourself? Ah, I forgot to test that one myself, haha.

Attempting to throw a remlit off a ledge and making it stay down there.

Yeah, I tried throwing them off the edge too. Then was surprised to see them flutter back up, flapping with their ears...

Tried getting food at the Bazzar. If you sit at either table, the guys start up a conversation with you and one of them mentions waiting forever for food. So I literally sat there for ten mintues waiting if she'll actually give you food.

Heh, that's funny. It's really too bad, because when I sat down to talk to those guys myself, I'd been hoping that the woman in the back would come over and serve me some of that fine soup she was so invested in making...

Before I got the whip, I tried running up to the horn blowing enemies, and tried snatching their horn with the bug net.

Awesome. xD For me when I got the whip, I'd been hoping it'd work a lot like The Wind Waker's grappling hook, where I could steal items (in this case treasure items) from enemies that carried them, such as Chuchus and Keese (and imagine if you could steal the Lizalfos' lizard tails by latching into them! Too bad...) but that didn't quite work out the way I'd been hoping...

Trying to land on the top of the waterfall in Skyloft... After 20 try's, I figured out that you can't land on the top...

Same, it puzzled me for a while why it wouldn't let me do that, and afterwards had me convinced with disappointment that there was no way onto that little island. That was until I got the clawshots....

I tried throwing the large jars in the Knight's Academy at the grumpy canteen lady, the results are rather hilarious.

Yeah, she started threatening to have you expelled from the Academy or something from what I remember. xD

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I don't know about anybody else, but while in the Ancient Cistern I lashed the Whip around a bunch of Zombokoblins and when I pulled the whip back, they spun completely around. xD Strangely enough, attempting this with other enemies, namely their swordsmen kin, yielded no similar results, because the kept blocking my swipes. Even wielding it the other way didn't seem to work, and for fear of losing hearts I resorted back to my blade.

Bombing Lizalfos. Unfortunately they'll run away from the explosives, much like other foes such as Bokoblins, and then turn to them in fear. But whenever the bomb goes off they raise their shields and are protected from the blast, unlike other enemies. However, I was able to remedy this by throwing/rolling bombs strategically, almost circling and cornering them at the same time. Then I'd wait for them to explode, and since they were practically surrounding the Lizalfos, my enemies were inflicted. Albeit again, this only works in some areas or parts of certain rooms. Might be very hard to pull off in a random location.

• In the Silent Realm I kept forgetting that my sword was not with me; I'd try to reach tears with my sword...
  • During the Spiral Charge training course I tried to fly back to Skyloft before time ran out, but I failed every time.
  • I've attempted the bomb jump several times. lol
  • I tried to destroy the Imprisoned's "toes" from a distance using the Bow.
  • Gust Bellowed several NPCs.
  • Planned on continuously returning to the Lumpy Pumpkin to knock down the chandelier. (never got around to doing it)

I've actually tried many things others listed here on this thread...

My favorite thing was rolling bombs at the bokoblins/moblins, watching them back away, and then whipping out the gust bellows and blowing them at them. Felt so good to outsmart their AI.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
In Sky Keep, in the first room, I positioned the other rooms to get the Triforce of Courage easily, but I didn't have a key to get through.

I tried to fly at night. If I could though, it would have been so cool.

When playing Hero Mode, I tried getting the Sacred Water right after I beat Ghirahim at the Skyview Temple so that I wouldn't have to go bac. I get normal water.

I tried to land on that Waterfall Island thing at Skyloft. Turns out I couldn't.

Planned on skipping th Fireshield Earings an just using Guardian Potion+ to get to the Volcano Summit. Never got to it.

Breaking the new Chandelier at the Lumpy Pumpkin.

Bombing Lizalfos.

Last edited:

Feral

The Drifter
I went back into the sand ship after defeating the boss. All the bokoblins were locked up where the robots were before. I talked to the nearby robot and he said they'll get whats coming to them. I decided that wasn't fast enough so I took them all down execution style with the bow and arrow. :devil: Talked to the robot for a response... got nothing out of it. -___-

-After the second fight against the ''scorpion boss''(I forgot his name)I tried to get rid of all the sand of the room with the Gust to found any tresure and after a moment I was wondering why is it so long than I realised that the sand was always returning.

-to fly at night

-I tried to open the door to the faron woods of the sealed Temple of the past

-I tried to do a diagonal Spin attack

-I tried to hit Beetle's bell with my sword and a Skyward strike

T

Thalia

This was a week or so ago. Well...I cut the rope to the SKyview Temple when I had to go back for a second time so I kept trying to jump 'til I remembered a log I pushed from the first visit. That and the first time I saw the uh...red liquid in the Ancient Cistern...basement in kind terms I tried swimming in it. :sweat:

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
I tried to go into a tornado on my loftwing, only to find an unpleasant surprise. I tried flying at night, killing the cat, all of them failures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom