• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things you dislike seeing others doing

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
This is a bit insensitive, but I do dislike seeing people grieving over something that happened in their life for a span that exceeds two months. I totally understand the complexities of emotion and all, but things happen in your life that you simply had, have and never will have any control over. Don't blame yourself or hate the world because of something that happened. It only makes things worse in the long run.

I totally understand where you're coming from, as I find this rather annoying as well. I understand per say, the loss of a loved one can be rather difficult to overcome, but the loss of your pet goldfish isn't something to grieve majorly over. I also dislike seeing people using poor excuses to get out of heated situations. It just really pisses me off for whatever reason.

Skunk

Floof
I hate seeing people try to be hippsters when they clearly aren't. Then again, I wasn't a hippster ever, regardless of whether or not it was cool, so I wouldn't know.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I totally understand where you're coming from, as I find this rather annoying as well. I understand per say, the loss of a loved one can be rather difficult to overcome, but the loss of your pet goldfish isn't something to grieve majorly over.
Well, people would hate on you because there are those who are very attached to animals and what not, treating them like family. I personally don't do such things and I think that no matter the loss, you should not drive yourself to insanity over anything. Beware that I'm not saying you can't take a blow and sit it out for a while over a loss. Such things are perfectly normal; it's human nature to grieve and even if it weren't, I'd expect as a person in society that you grieve over the lost of /anything/. But, don't cut off all contact from family and friends, seclude yourself, or start brooding.

It really is one thing to be very sad, and another to become psychopathic.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I absolutely despise seeing people do things purposefully with the sole intention of getting attention as a result, it really grinds my gears easily, attention seekers will get no sympathy from me.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Well, people would hate on you because there are those who are very attached to animals and what not, treating them like family. I personally don't do such things and I think that no matter the loss, you should not drive yourself to insanity over anything. Beware that I'm not saying you can't take a blow and sit it out for a while over a loss. Such things are perfectly normal; it's human nature to grieve and even if it weren't, I'd expect as a person in society that you grieve over the lost of /anything/. But, don't cut off all contact from family and friends, seclude yourself, or start brooding.

It really is one thing to be very sad, and another to become psychopathic.

Good point. If I lost one of my animals, it would more than likely take me some time to recover from the loss, but I would eventually get over it. I strongly dislike when people say "I'm sad", but refuse the help people offer them. The part that I agree the most with you is on this part:

Ventus said:
But, don't cut off all contact from family and friends, seclude yourself, or start brooding.

It's one thing to be by yourself for a little bit to overcome the loss, but it's another thing to hide from the world and use your loss as an excuse of some sort.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
This is a bit insensitive, but I do dislike seeing people grieving over something that happened in their life for a span that exceeds two months. I totally understand the complexities of emotion and all, but things happen in your life that you simply had, have and never will have any control over. Don't blame yourself or hate the world because of something that happened. It only makes things worse in the long run.

I think I understand what you mean, but I really, REALLY hope you make some exceptions.

I'll be blunt: I've known people who've suffered the death of a child - not just some cousin or whatnot in their family, I've known *parents* who've lost babies. When I was a teenager, I attended the funeral of my best childhood friend's baby.

From what I know/hear... that's a kind of loss people never completely get over. I mean, they do move on and live life, but a hole in the heart is always there. I haven't seen my friend in many years, we went our seperate ways in life long ago, but if I met up with her again and the conversation turned to her daughter and she started crying, I wouldn't look down my nose at her because she "hasn't gotten over it already, sheesh!" I'd hug her.

It's been... just about a month since the Newtown Massacre. In another month, if I saw you saying "Oh, those families should just get over it already!" I'd have to call you a sociopath with rusted iron for a heart and... avoid talking to you.

So, I really, really hope you make some exception for extreme cases.

Oh, yes I definitely make exceptions. I realize that people will never *completely* "get over" a loss, but my point is, they shouldn't dwell on it for too long and effectively make their life a functioning hell. My grandmother's uncle (I believe) was killed, my grandmother's dad died and my dad's dad died -- the latter two in my dad's arms. My father realizes they're gone from this world, but he still has a hard time when their subjects are brought up. Even so, he doesn't seclude himself or spite others for their deaths. I don't *know* these people personally, but I've read and heard many times of folks who have lost someone or something then proceed to start harming others in rage. It's not conducive, although I fully understand their pain and their need to grieve.

I guess I'm saying things the wrong way, though, so I'll shut up. :I

I see what you're getting that. You don't want to see people use something as an excuse to wreck their lives and to treat others badly, correct?

My older brother... has had a hard life, a lot of his hell being of his own making because, well, even though I'm blood, I won't hesitate to say that I think he's a psychotic a-hole. (If anyone remembers that thread about online relationships - how my falling in love with someone over the Internet saved my life when the one I loved decided to save me from abusive family? I lived - in fear for my life - with my brother). He learned, during his stay in prison, that he had bipolar disorder.

"But I'm bipolar!" became his excuse for *everything.*

I've had my own emotional problems all of my life and was never sure what they were. When they were getting really bad and I saw counselors and whatnot, I was diagnosed with things like "Avoidant Personality Disorder" and "Clinical Depression" by people because whenever they brought up the possibilty that I might be bipolar, I'd pretty much shout them down, say "No, no, no! My brother has that, I can't possibly have that because I'm not an a-hole like him."

That's why I didn't start getting the help I really needed until I was 26. I didn't want to admit to myself that I might have "the a-hole disease" when, yes, I have it.

I sometimes catch myself using it as an excuse for some things in my life. And, really, sometimes it is to blame. The disorder is characterized by very thick moods - ones that the bipolar brain can't just "snap out of" quickly like a normal brain can be made to do, and issues with impulse control. However, I really do try to NEVER, EVER use the condition as an excuse for doing wrong by people, intentionally hurting anyone.

If you ever see me doing that - say, picking fights on the board and going "You can't stop/blame/criticize me, I'M BIPOOOOOLAAAR!" Call me on it. Please, call me on it. I sort of have this vow of "I will not treat people like my brother has and try to weasel out of it" thing going on. I may have a sick brain, but I have personal honor.

Last edited:

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
RANT ALERT!!

You know what I really hate? A few people know this but most of you don't, I really honest to ****ing God hate it when people say "********" as a deragatory term. Ex: You're ****ing ********, my phone is ********, What a ******... and so forth. Whhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? Because it's disrespectful to people that actually have special needs, there is a PLETHORA of words that you could use other than ********. Whip out your ****ing thesarus and learn some. My youngest son is severely delayed and is mildly Autistic with a sever form of Sensory Processing Disorder. He is that kid whos feelings will be hurt when some ignorant simpleton refers to something as ******** because by some medical terminology he is considered "Mentally ********" and I am the one that will have to deal with the fall out of that persons words. People say not to mess with little kids or Mama bear will come out, multiply that 10 fold and thats the mom of a kid with special needs because our kids can't fight for themselves so either we will or a sibling will, most of the time its better to get the mom because siblings don't usually show restraint when defending their bro/sis.

Food for thought, try a bite.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
It really bugs me when people hate or criticize an animal species for something, being ugly, dangerous, annoying, what ever it is if there going this then I think that they are being very ignorant. Get it through your head if an animal is one way then there is a perfectly logical reason why it is like that.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Oh dear, time to rant.

My number one thing is seeing bullying, racism, people getting stereotyped, etc. I just don't get it at all. It doesn't make you cool or the least bit intelligent. It's plain ignorant and wrong.
Another thing I dislike seeing people do is chewing gum with their mouth open. Seriously, CLOSE YOUR MOUTH. No one needs to hear or see that 24/7.
Another thing I can't stand to see is when people lie, especially of it's directly to your face. Lying won't get you anywhere in life.
What else, what else.. Oh! I see this a lot at high school. This one is directed mainly to girls, yet guys do it to. I don't understand how some young girls can openly boast, or try to one-up each other when they talk about how, shall we say, promiscuous they were last night. First off, it's your life and not my business, so I don't really care what you do after school hours, though when you're right beside me and you shout across the hall to your friend saying how many "notches" you have now... I.. I just don't get it! I mean, I am in no way close to being perfect, but it's just the lack of common decency and manners in some people that really bugs me about today.

bunny

birb overlord
It really gets on my nerves when people bully others/talk about them behind their back/spread rumors... Just picking on people in general, that kind of stuff. It's not right to treat someone as if they're lower than you, because we all live on this earth, and we're all just trying to get through each day... It makes me mad when someone makes that harder than it should be... Words can really hurt...

It also annoys me when people want to talk to you when you very clearly don't want to talk to them... I don't wanna sound rude or anything, but sometimes I just want my space. My brother does this to me all the time. When I have a bad day, I really just want to be left alone in peace because I know I'm easier to get angry on those days. I don't wanna snap at anyone, so I try to stay away from people. I'm pretty sure my brother purposely follows me around sometimes because he knows it bugs me. Even if I go to a secluded spot, he'll follow me. I usually end up yelling at him before he goes away. That's not funny, in my opinion. It shouldn't be that hard to respect people's personal space.

People telling offensive jokes is another pet peeve of mine. There is obviously someone out there who would be really hurt if they heard you say that... They could even be around you, and you wouldn't know it until it's too late, and you've hurt someone's feelings. It's better to just not tell mean jokes at all. I don't even see how they're funny... They're just... rude. It's not right to "point and laugh" at someone else's beliefs/culture/gender/whatever.

I dislike it when people overreact over something petty. This can be many different things. Depression, spasms, bad moods, etc. I'm not trying to be insensitive; actually, being insensitive is another pet peeve of mine... What I'm saying is, if it's not a big deal, don't make it into one. It especially bugs me when those kind of people come to their friends with their "problems." Don't get me wrong, I am all about friendly advice and all, but again, if it's not a big deal... it's really not worth bothering someone else with. Those are the kind of things that you should work out yourself... And really work on not freaking out over...

Okay... Here's a big one for me... I hate seeing others chew with their mouths open/smacking their lips. It's disgusting, and it really makes me wanna hurl. I've even witnessed food fly from some people's mouths... Every now and then, I get "hit." I can't even describe how gross that is. Seriously, eating properly is not that hard...

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Several things, but recently the worst are those kids who like...anime. Anime is just one of the most irksome things to claim one likes, since anime isn't the exact same thing on all levels. I mean these people don't see me going around claiming how much I love shows with real people. And then these people let anime consume their lives, of which they soon talk about it 24/7, dress like an anime character, and constantly draw anime.

Another one that seriously bothers me are the kids who are "weird." No, I don't mean weird kids, I mean those people who think they are weird and original but in reality are just obnoxious. They are just over-confident for no reason, trying to say that it is okay to be weird. Frustrates me to the extreme and I am three seconds to ripping one of their heads off and just....you know what I mean.

And last and finally, those people who are "depressed" or "emo." The ones who dress in all black, tend to be Black Veil Brides fans. Then when telling them to calm down, they say something like "I have depression and anxiety, so yeah," and say it smiling or laughing. I mean, you are clearly just trying to get attention and have a little pity party. Not to mention how some try to write poems about stupid crap. This one girl I know once wrote a poem about how a sister committed suicide, and it wasn't your fault. Don't ever think it is your fault. I mean, come on!! If you want to be that type of person just post that up on youtube or something, where you people belong! I don't mean to be insensitive, but this is mostly directed towards those who aren't really depressed.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yet another thing that annoys me is when people say or look sad, but when you try to help them they reject the help. I mean, don't look like you need help unless you are ACCEPTING of the help! Otherwise you're just messing with others' emotions and that isn't cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom