• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Bother You, but Don't Bother Anyone Else?...

"Things that bother you, but don't bother anyone else? Things that don't bother you, but bother everyone else?"

Linearity has never bothered me and it probably never will, maybe I just automatically want to do everything in the right order. Also, it seems like everyone but me complains about how you never use any of the items in Twilight Princess. I was just too busy having fun with them to complain about it, but I do complain about the severe lack of items in Skyward Sword. How boring.

tlozoot

the evil even Link fears
I never played SS and TP just shortly(because i have no WII..) but i agree that lack of items or item use are quite decreasing the game's rating. (Atleast for me, dunno for others)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
-I complain about the lack of items in Skyward Sword; their usage was obviously great as that was Nintendo's intention (to fix qualms of "lol so many items but never use" that TP critics like myself had), just too little items though. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask managed to have MANY items that all served their purposes just well. Why couldn't Skaiwerd Sord do the same...

-I always complain about linearity. Because it sucks so much. :/

-Somehow, I think I'm the only one who was bothered by Zelda's model in SS. Like, her hair and her eyes all threw me off, I didn't enjoy it one bit. Others call her cute, pretty, beautiful whereas I'm all like "she's ugly!!11one!".

-I complain about the lack of magic in recent Zelda titles, though it goes unnoticed by many.

+I love how magic was handled in Ocarina of Time, but SO MANY PEOPLE do not like it. Baffles me, but that's their view haha.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It bother me when people say Twilight Princess is the best Zelda. :right: But that's just because I don't like it. But I digress.

It bothers me when I hear people talk about how great Midna was. To be honest, I hate her. It just baffles me beyond belief that people seem to forget how much of a rude, manipulative little imp she was from the moment you met her and are willing to like her just because she "changed". Personally, Midna's character really bothers me.

It bothers me when people ignore the DS games. They are still legitimate titles in the Zelda franchise, and they DO count, no matter how much you dislike them. Quite frankly, I love both of them. Especially Spirit Tracks. It's one of my favorite Zelda games.

It bothers me when people hate on Skyward Sword. Sure, it isn't the best Zelda game, but it most definitely is not the worst. However, people have every right to their opinions. Who am I to tell them they're wrong? Nobody, that's who.

The fact that skyward Sword was a nerfed amalgamation of nearly every Zelda element from the past 25 years.... not the thing to do when you want to move the series forward. HOW you play the game should not be the revolution, what the game IS and DOES should be.

Last edited:

MW7

The only one of my opinions I can think of that is really unique is my perspective on the story in Zelda games. I actually am really bothered by the ever increasing emphasis on story in Zelda games. The flip side of this is that I not only am not bothered by the relative lack of story in the early Zelda games but see this lack as a positive thing. I just play video games to play them so anything that gets in the way of gameplay I want as minimal as is reasonable. So I don't want the story totally abolished but want it kept very basic.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
General Annoyance Across Games:

- The care and treatment of Epona. She has the saddle on all the time. She never gets a stall /stable to call home - she's always tied up or running free in dangerous country. She always comes when you call. She never needs to be fed, watered, shod or treated for colic. You can plant arrows in her head and she doesn't care. It's unrealistic! (Okay, so I sort of have a beef with how horses are handled in most games... if it was made realistic, most players wouldn't have fun). In that vein, where do Loftwings roost at night? Why do they never poop? Maybe it would have been gross, but a poo-poo bombadier game might have been fun! Is it too much to ask for a little realistic biology in a videogame?

- Hyrule / Termina / The Sky et. all are TINY and LARGELY DESERTED. This is where an old 8-bit title beats out the fancy 3Ds for me: "Adventure of Link" had lots of towns... with people! Sure, they were the same people/same character-types and all two-dimensional, but towns that were full of people existed! All other games have Hyrule as a ghost-town kingdom. They don't need a royal family... with the population "density" they barely need a mayor!

(Alright, so I've played Team ICO's games, but they actually have an excuse for the sparseness... deserted castle ruins where the progatonist was offered as a starvation-sacrifice, a cursed land the protagonist isn't even supposed to be in... Hyrule's supposed to be a living kingdom, durnit!)

Specific Game Annoyances:

The Spinner in Twilight Princess. Maybe if it ran longer, but as it is, it's a top that peters out after a few seconds unless you find a specific kind of wall. It's annoying and I think it is the stupidest tool/weapon in the series. Most people list the Dominion Rod as that, but, I honestly enjoyed that more than I did the Spinner.

The cloning in Minish Cap. I ranted about it in a Minish Cap thread. It seems not to bother people, but I *HATE* the puzzles that require clowning. I hate the clones. They're too fragile and generally derpy.

Fandom Annoyances:

People hating on Link's companions. Jokes? Okay, I make those, too. I make lots of Navi jokes ("I want to put Navi in a bottle!" and the like), but when someone's dislike of Navi, or Fi, or any of the others borederlines into an actual hatred with enless gorey "fan arts" and fan fictions about Link killing his companions I kind of want to back away and say "Ookay, you do know it's just a game, right?"

The personification of Dark Link. If you're going by Four Swords manga, it's okay, because it's "canon" there, but otherwise (such as in Ocarina of Time) I have a bit of a squick over Dark being portrayed as an actual, fully-fledged person. It doesn't matter if you pair him with Link, or with Zelda or have him alone but with a personality, I just don't like seeing him as an actual "him" enough to know love or lust or remorse or anything - I see him as a spell or as an "anthropomorphic representation of the evil that hides in Link's heart." If you personify him, it's okay, I just tend to avoid fanwork with that kind of bent because it's a personal annoyance / difference of character interpretation of mine.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
The absolute only thing I don't like about Zelda games are the length. They're too short. I remember my first(and only) playthrough of Twilight Princess. It took me a week. That's too short for me. Other than that, I'm gratefull for what Zelda has brought us.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Okay, I could give you a huge list of things that bother OTHER people but DON'T bother me, since I love the whole series – yes, every single game – to death. I see every new addition a something that can be majorly improved in the future, not something bad. And there's many things that people criticize so harshly that I really love. (Like Skyward Sword. It's one of my favorites. D:)

I guess I'd have to say A Link to the Past. I mean, I like the game, but I don't think it's one of the best in the series. A lot of people seem to think that, and I just... it wasn't as interesting or fun for me. I don't know why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom