• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Cfrock

Keep it strong
The BBC has a Dracula mini-series coming out in a couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to it, but these trailers have been on my mind for three days.

The teaser trailer was really good. It made the show seem genuinely creepy and gave off a strong horror vibe. The close-up shot of Dracula is fantastic and sold me on the entire show.

But then they released a full trailer and it has this godawful up tempo pop/rock song. I have no idea what they were thinking, but this is the kind of song the BBC uses for almost everything that isn't Eastenders or Dr Who. It completely kills any mood or atmosphere the teaser built. What am I supposed to think after seeing this? That the mini-series is actually a comedy? A light-hearted romp? Is it less a scary horror series and just an episode of Doctor Who with its Sunday best on?

The teaser alone would have made me watch without question. The full trailer alone would have made me hard pass on it completely. Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat are the writers, and while I generally like Gatiss I see Moffat as a sort of unknown. He has written good stuff in the past, but I'm talking, like ten or fifteen years ago when he was supervised by Russell T Davies. In the years since he seems to have fallen hard, but still has the occasional flash of good work.

I just wish they hadn't used that **** song in the full trailer. It's got me all screwed up worrying that this is gonna be some cringe-inducing camp **** where Dracula is cracking wise and a goofy gang of posh misfits are trying to stop him, when I want what the teaser... teased: a creepy, unsettling horror series that shows Dracula as the monster he was in the book.

Reactions: Dio
The BBC has a Dracula mini-series coming out in a couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to it, but these trailers have been on my mind for three days.

The teaser trailer was really good. It made the show seem genuinely creepy and gave off a strong horror vibe. The close-up shot of Dracula is fantastic and sold me on the entire show.

But then they released a full trailer and it has this godawful up tempo pop/rock song. I have no idea what they were thinking, but this is the kind of song the BBC uses for almost everything that isn't Eastenders or Dr Who. It completely kills any mood or atmosphere the teaser built. What am I supposed to think after seeing this? That the mini-series is actually a comedy? A light-hearted romp? Is it less a scary horror series and just an episode of Doctor Who with its Sunday best on?

The teaser alone would have made me watch without question. The full trailer alone would have made me hard pass on it completely. Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat are the writers, and while I generally like Gatiss I see Moffat as a sort of unknown. He has written good stuff in the past, but I'm talking, like ten or fifteen years ago when he was supervised by Russell T Davies. In the years since he seems to have fallen hard, but still has the occasional flash of good work.

I just wish they hadn't used that **** song in the full trailer. It's got me all screwed up worrying that this is gonna be some cringe-inducing camp **** where Dracula is cracking wise and a goofy gang of posh misfits are trying to stop him, when I want what the teaser... teased: a creepy, unsettling horror series that shows Dracula as the monster he was in the book.

"I'm undead not unreasonable"

I'm attracted to some weird things

Caution scaryish
5B440C91-mushroomhead-pay-tribute-to-the-evil-dead-in-new-music-video-image.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom