• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I've learned that broadening your social circle can help make you happier and more resilient about things that are going on. If I'm having an issue within one group, I just hang out with another group for a while in order to stay happy and content. It's the times in my life when I haven't been able to do this, that I've been at my lowest and things get to me the most. Having a narrow social circle where you're always around the same people and problems can leave you feeling very stressed out if you can't get away from them for a while. Just being around different people and talking about different things can make you feel better, even if you have to force/fake it at first.

I think it's worth clarifying here that English isn't Vanessa's first language (although her English is still quite good). In continental Europe, they tend to use the word "racism" to mean "discrimination," even when it's not racial discrimination. It can be confusing to native speakers of English, because we only apply the word "racism" to discrimination based on skin color/ethnicity. They broaden the word to mean discrimination based on other criteria. I only mention this because it's likely that she didn't take your question the way you meant it.

Ah, that'll clear it up. sorry for any confusion @Vanessa28 !

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
She must have a lot of practice then, cause I couldn't tell or know until now.

My interview went well today. The guy seemed really cool. Hoping this might be where I start working soon.
That is a very nice compliment! Thank you :) I'm dutch so dutch is my native language. But I started to read my sister's school books at the age of 5. There were pics in it with the text in english under it. I never forget Happy birthday :P
I keep my toes and fingers crossed for you and hope you'll get that job!

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
Holy heck I have so much cake in my fridge! I have a fruit cake, chocolate cake, at least three sandwich cakes and about two different pies. There is also tiger cake, cinnamon bun wreath and chocolate swiss roll.
Plus a lot of cookies,too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom