• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
DMb4eByWkAUoGok.jpg

This is totally a knock-off.

Echolight sounds better.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I genuinely wonder why people get so overly engaged in heated discussions about video games/media of all things. Imagine being that serious over something that matters.
Because video games are important to me
They do matter to me because of how influential they've become in my worldview. I love playing them, I love thinking about them and thinking about what makes them good or bad or liked or disliked
Everyone has passions and discounting their passions because you dont find it important or because it does lack real world relevance is just depressing
Like, imagine telling echolight to stop caring so much about cats because they're dumb animals and dont amount to anything
The emotions get expressed in different ways of course but sweaty nerds arguing about the best zelda is still an equivalent expression of passion

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Because video games are important to me
They do matter to me because of how influential they've become in my worldview. I love playing them, I love thinking about them and thinking about what makes them good or bad or liked or disliked
Everyone has passions and discounting their passions because you dont find it important or because it does lack real world relevance is just depressing
Like, imagine telling echolight to stop caring so much about cats because they're dumb animals and dont amount to anything
The emotions get expressed in different ways of course but sweaty nerds arguing about the best zelda is still an equivalent expression of passion
He's not telling you to stop caring about videogames, he's saying that people seriously fighting over them is absurd.
Funny enough your comparison with Echolight liking cats is more akin to his criticism than anything, wouldn't it be ridiculous if people just kept wasting time judging and criticizing someone for liking cats?

Mikey the Moblin

He's not telling you to stop caring about videogames, he's saying that people seriously fighting over them is absurd.
Funny enough your comparison with Echolight liking cats is more akin to his criticism than anything, wouldn't it be ridiculous if people just kept wasting time judging and criticizing someone for liking cats?
what
no you need to read my post again

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
sweaty nerds arguing about the best zelda is still an equivalent expression of passion
that's whatever, but arguing to the point of harassment or threats is when it's not acceptable
Laura Baily getting threats b/c people didn't like her character in the Last of us 2 isn't being passionate, it's just being vile

I'm assuming this is in line to what he meant about being overly heated

Mikey the Moblin

I went to the grocery store to buy some powerade and chips, and walking home, I saw no fewer than six cats roaming the streets. The first two had a rendezvous underneath an evergreen tree in the parking lot, and the third was heading in that direction

...I couldn't help but think it was a clan meeting

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom