• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Dan

I'm feeling like **** for no good reason, but I gotta let it out so I'll just rewrite what happened to relieve the stress a bit.

I work with this German lady who is pretty much one of the best people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and especially working with. She is always happy, always talkative even when sick. She's basically my role model in the workplace and as a citizen. Two weeks ago, she gave me a gift card for chick-fil-a (a chicken place here in the USA). It basically was a free lunch. I didn't want to take it, but I don't tell her "no". So I took it and got free lunch. Well according to my code of honor, if someone gives me something I'll give back to them provided it's a good thing. I couldn't produce a free gift card as I didn't and still don't know what she prefers to eat. So I waited for a while.

I came into work today around 2:30pm feeling pretty great. helped a lady get an item to her car and had to play a jigsaw puzzle for a good 15 minutes. she tipped me $5 for the trouble. later on the lady I work with came into work. we are working and I went to my lunch break around 7. I found her and tried to give her the $5, because that's how much the lunch was. She told me to keep it, but I tried to press it forward. She looked at me dead in the eyes and said "do not challenge me. I am double age. you do not compete with me" and I froze up. That justification is the worst justification in the world, because it makes whoever the target is feel tiny and helpless. It's what a parent would use when their kid is trying to pay them back. I totally understand where she is coming from, that's her ghira. She is like a mother to me, really. But I can't deal with having debts. I almost started crying. For the rest of the day, I just had this empty feeling in my stomach. again I get why she won't let me pay her back. But that justification really made me feel like completely emasculated.

blog post over, I'll get over it after playing DS3, BO3, and TPHD.

Well that sounds pretty aggressive it seems. You just wanted to repay a kindness, not engage in a challenge. I learned when someone does you a favor, you do something for them, unless they refuse which in case you're don't need to do anything. It's nice that you want to repay her back, but sometimes people don't need, or want to be payed back.

Yeah that would throw me off a little too. Should have told her you aren't playing games or making a challenge.

G

Guest-3

I feel like I just want to take a joy ride to Arkansas. It's an hour and a half away from me, but my parent would murder me and take away my privileges until Senior year... damn... can a child never have some fun? *sigh*
Oh yeah, and Thursday of this week I go in to test for my next belt... I'm so excited, yet at the same time I'm nervous as hell. I just hope to God that I remember all of my forms and don't freeze up...

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I feel like I just want to take a joy ride to Arkansas. It's an hour and a half away from me, but my parent would murder me and take away my privileges until Senior year... damn... can a child never have some fun? *sigh*
Oh yeah, and Thursday of this week I go in to test for my next belt... I'm so excited, yet at the same time I'm nervous as hell. I just hope to God that I remember all of my forms and don't freeze up...
Good luck. Which belt?

G

Guest-3

Well, at the moment I'm a white belt, so yellow. I started a month and a half ago. Only reason I didn't get to test sooner was because I was required to have 12 classes before I tested. So now, I can test. Wooh... and in another month, I can test for my orange, and so on and so forth. I should be to brown belt by the end of this year/beginning of next year. It's exciting.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Well, at the moment I'm a white belt, so yellow. I started a month and a half ago. Only reason I didn't get to test sooner was because I was required to have 12 classes before I tested. So now, I can test. Wooh... and in another month, I can test for my orange, and so on and so forth. I should be to brown belt by the end of this year/beginning of next year. It's exciting.
Nice. What form of MA?

G

Guest-3

TKD. I touch on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu as well. Planning on getting into some others too so I can make my way into MMA.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
TKD. I touch on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu as well. Planning on getting into some others too so I can make my way into MMA.
Oh, you're one of THOSE takewondo people :P
I use a different ranking system that goes White/Yellow/Green/Blue/Red/Black. World Taekwondo Fedaration (WTF) system.
Either way, have fun! White to yellow should be easy and lots of fun.

G

Guest-3

Oh, you're one of THOSE takewondo people :P
I use a different ranking system that goes White/Yellow/Green/Blue/Red/Black. World Taekwondo Fedaration (WTF) system.
Either way, have fun! White to yellow should be easy and lots of fun.
xD The way you put that made me die! Yeah, I'm ATA. We have a LOT more belts than just six. Thanks man! I just can't wait to get it over with and get to the ranking ceremony.

G

Guest-3

Well technically we have stripes and dans, so there are 10 before black, but it's fun trying to explain that.
Ah, I see. Yeah, we use stripes as well, though the only stripes are for senior brown belts and senior red belts. We also have form stripes and all of that jazz.

G

Guest-3

We go white/white stripe/yellow/yellow stripe/green/green stripe/blue/blue stripe/red/red stripe/black 1/black 2/black 3/etc
Ahh, I see. A much more intricate process. Which belt are you currently, if you don't mind my asking?

G

Guest-3

I'm black one. Got it right before I left for school back in September, so I haven't been able to practice much. Chances are I won't be moving beyond that any time soon sadly.
Aw, well darn. At least you got to first degree black belt though. That shows you were super disciplined and really wanted that rank. It'll help ya' out in the long run, even if you never get to second degree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom