• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I can't help but to think that Jack Eichel is some sort of wizard/sorcerer.

He posted a Vine back in March saying that "Buffalo, I'm coming for you," and the now the Sabres have the second first round pick overall this year for the Draft. Unless Edmonton passes over McDavid for him, he is going to go to Buffalo.

Not that I'm going to complain, since a good chunk of this year's prospects are already primed to join the NHL. This might be a repeat of 2003's draft, and son, was that a deep draft.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
5 years? What PHD program are you doing? Is it like a part thing?

no, it's full-time. but history dissertations tend to run upwards of 300-400 pages (about twice as long as they used to be for whatever reason). as you can imagine, they don't just magically produce themselves. Starting year three, i basically become adjunct faculty while doing full time research and writing.

Salem

SICK
no, it's full-time. but history dissertations tend to run upwards of 300-400 pages (about twice as long as they used to be for whatever reason). as you can imagine, they don't just magically produce themselves. Starting year three, i basically become adjunct faculty while doing full time research and writing.
So being a teacher is actually a part of the PHD process, so 5 years huh? I though it seemed too long, I though 3 or 4 years was the average or something.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
So being a teacher is actually a part of the PHD process, so 5 years huh? I though it seemed too long, I though 3 or 4 years was the average or something.

not for about 25=30 years, no. the teaching load is effectively work study. It used to be that you would do a master's in two years and take an additional two for the phd, but they've increased the coursework and teaching commitments on both ends so it takes longer. The only reason my wife finished her phd in microbiology in four years was that she crammed six years of labwork into four.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom