• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Things LG Doesn't Know About: Is This Mafia? Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
and to be clear, i'm not saying that's what i think you are. I'm just conjuring examples to show pen that you could feasibly have role-related reasons to not want pen lynched today despite not being a backup.

Lynching the person i think is most likely to be scum isn't just optimal in that its the move most likely to hit scum, its also optimal in that it will tend to yield the most information. If pendio is scum, then pushing a lynch on him and seeing how the lynch is resisted will be invaluable information, and even if he isn't, seeing how others react to the push is still important. Time is limited in mafia, and i currently believe that lynching pendio today will tend to yield the furthest advancement in my gamestate going into tomorrow.

I am taking your claim into account and it is a point against lynching pen for me, its just not a strong enough point to dissuade me ultimately, because i feel like there's more loss associated with not lynching pen (both in being less likely to hit scum and in yielding less information) than there is in whatever you're afraid of.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
The hardest part about this is I would bet actual money on pendio being town but the role is just so terrifying to keep alive that I don't know if I want to even leave it

I blame funnier

Pen

The game is on!
As I've said, I'm totally cool with being lynched as I think that would ultimately be good for Town. But if there's a Town Backup in the game I would prefer to get lynched on day 2 instead of day 1.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
The existence of a compulsive backup is what's gonna make or break it for me

Well, I think the move is to hold off on this lynch, just for the day

Rubiks insistence that it's a scum fake claim rubs me the wrong way especially since it's a pretty crappy idea to claim a role that gets you lynched

I'm mildly tunneled but he's just the acummiest out of the active players imo and I still have a hunch that one of the days active participants is a wolf

Why did my phone correct scummiest to acummiest? Is that even a word?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
You can't be cleared by a cop or a vig and scum will never eliminate you as a possiblity either and I don't want you to exist in LyLo.

I'm not entirely sure how paranoid gun owner works, but wouldn't it be possible if there's a doctor for you to be checked? It would just have to be when people knew who the cop was and that they were going to check you so it's not really optimal play, but it is maybe possible.

That is if there even is a doctor. So kinda hard to speculate on that. But if Pen is town having him alive later is good for town because scum has a harder chance of winning.

@Morbid Minish @Giri @Storm @Johnny Sooshi @Spiritual Mask Salesman @Doc @Mido I would like to hear your opinions on this matter and I would love to see you take some sort of action in regards to it.

I'm inclined to believe your claim. Especially because I believe LG has said she likes the paranoid gun owner role before. So I could see her including it. In which case I think you would be a good asset to town, because scum just can't touch you.

I'm kinda interested in what Ex is getting at. It's possible he's backup. I kinda want him to claim but also kind of don't. Since someone else might need the claim more today and I don't think Ex is really in danger of being lynched.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'm personally more inclined to believe Pen as well. I haven't seen scum Pen as often but from my impression of him, he's not one to make a fake claim this early, even under pressure.

Unvote
Vote: Moe the Moblin

I'm still not past Moe gunning hard for Pendio straight out the gate. I get a D1 lynch has to happen, but I don't think that's the way to go about it.

I still would like a formal claim from Ex, only because if he is a universal backup, he very well could receive something by D2.

funnier6

Courage~
Vote Count

Pen (4)- Mido, Ragnarokio, Rube, storm
Giri (1) - Minish
Moe (4) - Exlight, Pen, alit, johnboi
Funnier (1)- Giri
Rubik (1) - Moe
Rag (1) - sms

not voting: Doc (Ugh)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to hammer. Day 1 will end on Sunday, December 1 at 1:00pm MST.

ABOUT 6 HOURS LEFT

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
with the day ending soon i'd like to reiterate that i'd like to kill someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom