• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things I've Noticed About the Master Sword.

Talicor

Bringer of Dragons
Ok you know when you have a random aha moment? Well i did and i discovered some interesting similarities between the Master Sword and Excalibur (from the Sword in the Stone, Knights of the Round Table etc.) For example:

Evil can't touch either sword

Getting these swords usually involves pulling it from a stone pedestal/stone type object.

They're always destined for a hero/chosen one/king

Could the Master Sword be based off of Excalibur or another similiar object?

Please let me know what you think of this!

Wow, that is actually a pretty cool observation. I have never even thought of it that way.:huh: But, seeing as OOT and the original Zelda games are based off of medieval times, that could be a possibility.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Excalibur was actually given to King Arthur by the Lady of the Lake. The Sword in the Stone is known as Caliburn. (It's a common misconception that Excalibur is the Sword in the Stone.) But, anyway, the Master Sword is obviously based off of both of those swords, as only the Hero can pull out the Master Sword, and it is an evil-smiting sword, the Blade of Evil's Bane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom