• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things I Want in or Think About SS

1. I want the lens of Truth back! I want it to be used very differently, but i want it back badly! Since link can point with 1:1 while running, i think it should be used as a flashlight, and only point where youre pointing, rather than cover the screen.

2. My theory for travel between sky and earth? The Master swords guards, (the wing looking things), turn into BIG wings, and he flies on it somehow, maybe like in TP, the bird thing, something along those lines.

3. Difficulty settings. (Dunno if this has been confirmed or not)

4. I want upgradable equipment, and lots of it. A Tempered Master/Skyward Sword, a Golden sword maybe? Upgraded shields, maybe something past the mirror shield even? Upgraded arrows are already used, but i want a lot more, and not just "level something or another sword" I want something that makes it feel less like upgrading numbers.

6. Outfits that matter. I personally hated the Magic Armor from TP, although the Zora Tunic thing was okay. I want a few more tunics, maybe even some for purely cosmetic purposes, although i would like them most to have abilities and such.

Ill add more later

I definitely want an actual flying/falling mechanic in SS. I think skydiving in the game would be super fun as well as flying.
I also really want at least 2 difficulties. 1 for the casuals, or beginners or people who just like help, and one for the veterans who just want a pure challenge. with no hints, harder enemies that take more damage and give more damage, and perhaps altered puzzles that requires more thinking power.
I also agree with the tunics. I really liked the Zora Armor, but the Magic Armor was kind of silly.

initialDable

going deku
1. An option for right and left hand wii controls

2. Clear water (not opaque like Wind Waker)

3. Lots of challenges

4. Hyrulean Life such as the traditional Zelda Races

5. Side quests similar to the in depth ones in Majora's Mask

6. A whole new wide world to explore

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I think there WILL be a flight mechanic. Some people say there won't, and Link will just teleport (teleporting teleporting teleporting fat-guy!) to Hyrule. But that is incorrect, for you see, Link jumps off of the cliff, indicating he won't just teleport to Hyrule. As for the things you want. Very good options, I would want a difficulty settings, yes, I want WANT new tunics. The Lens of Truth idea sounds very intresting, well, I don't think they will include that. The "treasure-finder" ability sort of sounds like the lens already.

I hope he rides a giant red bird, like on the shield. OuO

Also, if anything, he should have a lantern that works like a flashlight you point, maybe one like miners used, with the mirrors in the back that point out of the hole in the front. I want a flashlight dammit!

Also, i think need in the next zelda, AFTER SS, they need a motion sensing nunchuk, (one that works like a wiimote, not a gyroscope). That way we can point the shield in specific directions, or pick up an enemy sword and duel wield them!

Thats another thing. I want there to be more interactivity with the enemies. I want them to react when they hear something, and THINK you MIGHT be there, but dont see you. TP didnt have this, even though it was in the engine they had used already from Wind Waker, which did have it. I want realistic, breathing, living, thinking enemies.

I want link to be able to pick up a heavy sword from a Darknut, and swing, (with a little lag of course, so it seems heavy)

I also want better interactivity with the environments. If link is sprinting, and theres a rock, or branch on the ground, he should trip, and possibly take a 1/4 hearts worth of damage.

More: I LOVE small details. Going into agithas top part of her 'castle' and looking around. There's pretty cools stuff up there. I want a LOT more easter eggs, references, secrets, whatever. Fill the game with them, i cant get enough! Back to the details though, i want small animals in forests, squirrels, spiders (Non enemy ones), other bugs, mosquitos, etc) i want wind, wind speed and direction to be variable, even if it isnt an important part of the game. Same goes with weathers, raining, snowing, thunderstorming, etc, should all be realistically timed for the places they are in, etc. I want wind storms so bad out in the field that link gets blown around. Not too much, but you know..

If theres epona, i want her to be used more than just as transportations. OoT had a nice race thing going on, maybe at a Ranch in SS there are people who like racing, and you can race in maybe 5-10 different races, (like different tracks), around the field, racing with people, etc.

For bosses, i know what they plan to do, but things i especially want:
Bosses that you can run from! They guard stuff, but they maybe have to be killed with a special item you dont necessarily have yet. Thatd be cool. I want original and unique bosses, but honestly, keep some old ideas, eyeball bosses and Gohma and what-not, they are needed to make it feel zelda. Just make an original way to fight them. Maybe gohma has wings and shoots fireballs, and there is a spot under here you can use the whip/hookshot to latch onto. She flies you up through a hole in the ceiling, and you have to climb the rope/chain and stab her. Thatd be neat.

Anyways, anybody like these ideas?

David

But you called me here...
I like all of these ideas so far. But I personally would like to have secret bosses. In a lot of other games, depending on percentage of completion or acquired items, there are extra bosses that you can fight. I would love for there to be bosses like that.

Interactive sidequest is something I truly want for SS. For the world in SS to feel alive and dense, it's important for the game to integrate well design sidequests that offer you with useful rewards and items for the main quest. I know that if SS doesn't implement any sort of time system, NPC's wont have a complex schedule, but I was thinking that it would be interesting to see the world change after you beat each dungeon or after a main important event. NPC's should say something diferent, do something diferent, new sidequests should be available, etc. It would be interesting to have some sort of joirnal to take note of your sidequests and have a clue were to go next.

And speaking of rewards, it would be interesting if Link obtained secret potions, maps that lead to secret dungeon and bosses, etc. It is important for rewards to become more important than just heart pieces, though thy should and must be in the game, I want to find unique items, potions, spells, that become useful later on.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I would like to see more complex minor roles in the game. The side kick should be well detailed and have a big role in the game towards Link and the quest itself. Zelda I so very hope, has a even more complex back history and plenty or character development tossed in there. And no useless characters like the ones walking around in TP. That shouldn't be in there, what's the point of includding them just for fillers?

I think some difficult optional mini games would be great, really test you skill but keep it optional, I hate havnig to beat minigames that take me hours to beat. Side quests that add depth to the story line are ideal with some great rewards that don't make the game easy but are a great enough and useful reward most people would enjoy.

The enviorments in the game should be realistic, when Link is in danger the music should provoke fear into the gamer and real emotion that makes you want to save Hyrule, not just watching a movie and playing along.

A few extra dungeons that are out there. Like just stumble apon them and beat it only to find it dosen't fly with the main story line but gives you a kick *** item to boot!

Magic, the games NEED magic again. Magic made alot of Zelda games amazing and it should defenitly be brought back.

Destiny, I agree with you with the implementation of magic in Zelda. Since MM, the implementation ofahic has become less and less prominent. I always liked to use magic with useful spells or items. It adds an extra touch. Some items like arrow for instance, are enhanced with magic, and it is a great way to make items more diverse and useful. I hope SS implements magic back.

AaronX

One who sits
I think it'd be terrible if Link tripped on things and took damage. It would get soooo freakin annoying I might have to kill somebody. Sorry. Just had to say that.

I liked the Lens of Truth and the Magic meter a lot, but I don't think SS should just be a remake of all the old ideas with better technology. Leave that to the games that are SUPPOSED to be remakes. I think SS should still have some traditional Zelda stuff, but I think it should be awesome in it's own way not just a recreation of old ideas.

I'm probably gonna get a lot of bad rep points for being different. -.-

benjibibbles

Disastrous Waffle Person
Something to keep you occupied after you've done all the quests/side quests. After you finish most Zelda games it just becomes dead. I want some kind of...something. Anything to keep the game alive after you've finished it. Multiplayer maybe?

Not Multiplayer, but zelda should have some options that unlocked once you beat the game. Like, for example, you get to create youre own hero, like a skater in the Tony Hawk series, that you can play a second quest with.

I know "create-a-something"s dont sound very zelda, but id like some. Create a Hero, create a dungeon, maybe create enemies as well. There could be a dream place (Like the Take em all on type game from Minish Cap), that let you customize stuff after you beat the game. That should keep it alive, especially if theres online capabilities so you can trade heroes, dungeons, etc.

Also, Link SHOULD trip, lol, but only when hes sprinting, i dont want him tripping when hes jogging, thatd be horrible. >.<"

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Take em all on would be great. It would add a great amount of replay value, if it's made well. Things I want about Skyward Sword eh? Hmm... As for me personally and humbly... I want a good game! What else could you ask for other than a great game? As for us, let's sit back and let Shiggy and Aonuma do the rest! :)

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
One thing to consider is that the developers of Wii Sports Resort are helping with the motion controls for Skyward Sword, and sky-diving was a game in WSR. I think it would be a mistake to assume that this means sky-diving will definitely be in SS just because of that, but it does lend more credence to the idea. I doubt I'd want to have to dive every single time we ventured from Skyloft to the earth below, but perhaps in certain places, or in mini-games.

Personally, tripping would be hilarious to me, because I joke that Link takes on my characterization as a player, and that characterization is that I am a klutz. I've made him do some horribly clumsy things (like doing a perfect swan dive into the Lakebed Temple's stone steps.) I don't think I'd want him to do it constantly, though. You know how poes had the ability to disorient Link in Wind Waker? Tripping could be done in a similar way.

And my own personal "want" is that I'd like to be able to use a silly item to kill the main boss like in AlttP, OoT, and TP (maybe others, those were off the top of my head.) It's a fun little easter egg.

along with tripping you could acsedentally knock people over if you were sprinting through town. lol or maybe if an enemy is almost beaten or it losses its weapon and tries running away but sometimes trips and falls or slips on some dead chu jelly that was left on the ground. that would be so entertaining to watch and then run up on them when they are down. But seriously I want to see dark link again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom