• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild There is only one timeline this game can take place in!!!

S

SilentCetra

So I keep reading, when trying to find out, exactly WHERE this game takes place (please no spoilers, I have NOT beaten the game yet!!), that people can't seem to nail down which timeline this game takes place. And the answer is right under everyones nose! In fact, I don't see how anyone can have not realized this at all!

In the ruins of what I THINK is Hyrule Castle Town (there is a huge fountain in the center of town, all broken and destroyed), there is a house with a journal by Misko's EX. In this journal, there is one paragraph in particular that catches my eye. This person said they stole items from Hyrule Castle, and this starts a side quest to find them (I have yet to do this quest). But in this journal, it states:

"...the princess of twilight, whose stories are handed down alongside those of the hero of twilight...her helmet can be found at the temple ruins soaked in the waters of regencia river."

There is only one timeline, to my knowledge, where the Twilight existed, and that is the hero is successful, childs era; the game of course being Twilight Princess. And Midna being the reference here, along with Wolf Link. Now in Twilight Princess we know that the original Hero of Time was killed, he is the one that teaches the newly incarnated Link his special abilities.

So, this means there is only ONE possible timeline Breath of the Wild can be wrapping up, and that is the one where the Twilight actually existed at all!

So how can anyone be confused as to where this game fits? This journal entry kinda seals it, I think. What are your thoughts?

AGAIN, please no spoilers! Thanks much!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well you ask us a question and you want no spoilers. The placement of BotW already has been confirmed by Nintendo. But of course we are all allowed to differ and object. But you asked for no spoilers so I won't spoil it for you ;)

The TP Hero is called the ''Hero Chosen by the Goddesses'', not the Hero of Twilight. Also, Twilight has most likely existed in all timelines since Ganondorf's attempted execution wasn't that long after OoT. Not to mention that Ganondorf destroyed her helmet before the horseback battle in TP.

Also, certain clothes from real life and other game franchises(not saying which ones due to spoilers) are included with Midna's Helmet in the EX category of armour, which should cast doubts on their canonicity as far as I'm concerned.

I can't give much thoughts beyond that without spoilers.

How far are you in the game? I want to know so I can gauge how much I can discuss.

Well you ask us a question and you want no spoilers. The placement of BotW already has been confirmed by Nintendo.

This actually hasn't happened yet if you're referring to the interview I think you're talking about. If you wish to discuss this further, then maybe PMing would work?(due to the whole spoilers thing)

Last edited:

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
As much as I'd love to say that BotW takes place on the child timeline (Which I will forever believe it is) there's plenty of evidence against it but it's basically impossible to get into since you don't want spoilers.
The TP Hero is called the ''Hero Chosen by the Goddesses'', not the Hero of Twilight.
Hero of Twilight is a fanon name to make it more obvious which Link we're talking about. iirc SS Link was also the "Hero chosen by the gods"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom