• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Theory: Link is a Psychic!

Throughout the games depicting our favourite Spirit and Hero, Link, we've come along ever increasing dialogue as the games developed and matured. Most notably for this thread being BoTW. However even as far back as OOT, and perhaps even further back, we have witnessed something very intriguing. We not only get to hear the words being spoken to our hero, we also get a glimpse of the real feelings behind the NPC's we talk to. This is given to us through apparent mutterings, usually sarcastic of how the NPC's really feel behind their soothing words of reassurance, tellings of "fair" business deals, and controlled annoyance towards Link. While most of these encounters could be explained away by saying they were merely muttering under there breath, most notably being Groose in SS where we see him surprised that someone overheard his mutterings to himself, I don't believe this is always the case. Unlike Groose most NPC's are not egomaniacs with a thing for muttering their ambitions for the world to hear, in fact a lot of them are sly and would rather you not overhear their actual thoughts and intentions. Furthermore, most of the things Link "overhears" are not normal things for even a mutterer to mutter about. No! It is my belief that these so called mutterings are in fact Link reading the minds of those he speaks to. I believe that Link to some degree is able to read the thoughts of those he speaks to. The question however, is in what way he reads minds. Is it the emotions, the actual thoughts, or something of both. Personally, I believe that he can read when the emotions of those he speaks to betray that which they speak out. For then he can detect there hyperfocused thoughts that they are so intent on thereby allowing him to sense to some degree what they are actually thinking. What are your thoughts on this? Is it just mutterings or actual mindreading? If it is mindreading what exactly is it and how does he have it? Thanks for reading and please share your thoughts on the subject!
Sincerely,
Manzes.

So what does the mask of truth do then if he can already read minds??
First off the Mask of Truth allows Link to read Gossip Stones, something he might not necessarily be able to do with his current abilities that might be tied to emotion which is not relevant to Gossip Stones. Furthermore, even if his abilities are not contingent on emotions who says he can depend on it to accurately read minds that are not betraying their own actions.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Nah it's just muttering. The whole point is so the other person don't hear you but things slip...

TheTrueHero

The Skeleton of Judgement
Other than the supposed muttering being thoughts, there is no other evidence to support this, so I dissagree

TheTrueHero

The Skeleton of Judgement
Take Beedle from Botw for example.
He loves rhino beetles, and if you have one, he will beg you to give it to him. If you refuse he starts to whine about it and then mutters under his breath something about replacing the beetle you refused to give to him with another common beetle. Afterwards he realizes you are still there and he expresses his surprise in that. He thought you had already left, and so he thought you weren’t listening, and consequently, started to mutter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom