• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Thematic future dungeon ideas

I'm sure the Zelda community could come up with better themed dungeons than the producers. What would you think make great temples? In every Zelda game I'm a dissapointed because again, we are faced with the standard forest, fire and water temples, without large variations in theming. Unique themed temples are rare in Zelda games. I think it's time for future Zelda games to surprise us more.

Heres what I made up: a shadow temple, but one that is really dark and is made of dark, solid stone. It has to be underground and reach extremely deep. The deeper you get, the weirder and creepier it becomes. I also see a tremendously large underground dome of darkness. It's mostly just eyecandy: imagine seeing thousands of tunnels, bridges, pits, etc, as far as the eye can see. It would create a sense of a grand scope, a vastness that no man or Hylian would be able to build, and also a sense that you are so deep underground, and so lost in the tunnels, that Link will never get out of it. Of course a dungeon can only be so large, so you're only able to reach a small part of the tunnels. But the illusion of a vast, mysterious, dark temple seems awesome to me. And of course you'll be confronted with ReDeads, Stalfos, falling floors and other hazards.

I'm curious to read about your ideas! :)

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Coming up with new dungeon themes is always fun. I do like the traditional ones though as given they're element based that means they can vary quite a bit in design. That being said, I like the idea of another horror dungeon or even a proper light dungeon that's more substantial than just using the mirror shield in puzzles or whatever. It's hard to think outside the box given they've at least attempted pretty much everything theme-wise even if only once. I like the idea of a dungeon that is actually centred around time- like, you have to fight elements of the past like older technology or old weapons, then fight the future where you're maybe older or whatever and the technology is more advance than in the present.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
Maybe an illusion temple in which there are mirror mazes, light puzzles, trick floors, rotating walls and invisible bridges. You walk into a room, the door locks behind you and you're faced with a big mirror. After wandering around and finding nothing, you turn around to walk back to the door, but your reflection doesn't, it follows you out of the mirror and BAM, dark Link mini boss.

I always thought and electricity dungeon would be nice. it could have an open top with large towers and a looming thunderstorm. you have to move the towers into position for the lightning to strike them and open up new ways through the dungeon. I think a lot of freedom could be had with that idea.

Maybe an illusion temple in which there are mirror mazes, light puzzles, trick floors, rotating walls and invisible bridges. You walk into a room, the door locks behind you and you're faced with a big mirror. After wandering around and finding nothing, you turn around to walk back to the door, but your reflection doesn't, it follows you out of the mirror and BAM, dark Link mini boss.

I dig that, and then you walk back to the previous room only to see that the complete room has changed. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom