• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda The Zelda Story - Is It Too Happy?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Doesn't that make it even more sad though? We couldn't do anything to stop it, it was a tragedy completely out of our control. People always say WW seems so happy because of its graphical style but the story is really expressively depressing when you get to the core of it.

Define "our". Daphnes chose this...for some reason. Even though he said their sole purpose was to revive Hyrule, he just jumped the gun at the last minute and destroyed it. And after that he chose to die. And...well...it just didn't feel necessary. It didn't feel sacrificial like Midna leaving or even something we couldn't control like Fi leaving. He just got suicidal, I guess, and decided to off himself.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
If any of them raised Hyrule, it would only be coming back to suffer a fate we've seen before already -- the threat and fear of Ganondorf (or Ganon) who always seems to return. Is that really a World the King wants to be responsible for bringing back? Be that because he wished it on the Triforce, or because he didn't stop Ganon from doing so?

By that point in the game, the Kingdom had been sunk for hundreds of years. To the World above, it was already dead. It was time to let go.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
If any of them raised Hyrule, it would only be coming back to suffer a fate we've seen before already -- the threat and fear of Ganondorf (or Ganon) who always seems to return. Is that really a World the King wants to be responsible for bringing back? Be that because he wished it on the Triforce, or because he didn't stop Ganon from doing so?

*Touches Triforce*

1) I wish Ganondorf was dead.

2) I wish Hyrule could leave free without dictation.

3) I wish for Hyrule to experience the golden age of legend

4) I wish for the eternal prosperity of Hyrule

5) I wish Ganondorf never came to Hyrule

Take your pick.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
1) I wish Ganondorf was dead.

2) I wish Hyrule could leave free without dictation.

3) I wish for Hyrule to experience the golden age of legend

4) I wish for the eternal prosperity of Hyrule

5) I wish Ganondorf never came to Hyrule

Take your pick.

You realise few to none of those would work, right? Considered retroactively or not the curse would prevent several of those from taking place. Others stood a chance of leading to a worse situation (Ganon never coming to Hyrule would mean someone worse would take his place). Several of those would also be a really cheap way to end a game, making the whole journey seem pointless and futile. For all you deem the ending we got unnecessary, your choices here are moreso.

Happy endings that involve miraculously going back and reversing all the problems and making things 'how they once were' is entirely unrealistic. To be honest I'd rather have a good end than a happy one in this case. Whether you think it was a cheap end or not, the lesson you should be getting from it (look forward to the new) is a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom