• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Workmen in OOT IRL

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I never thought much of the builders walking around Kakariko village doing absolutely nothing towards the task at hand. However having watched the workmen who are supposed to be resurfacing a local bridge I was reminded so much of them and wonder if they are a commentary on a lot of construction workers attitudes. I have been seeing them a lot lately just standing around talking or carrying their shovel around not doing anything. The work on the bridge is scheduled to be done by October and it's not a 4 month job.

Have you found many examples of the Kakariko workmen in your area or are your builders efficient and fast?

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Yup drive past a building/roadworks thingie theyre never freakin there!! We had sone outside our drive a whike back they'd leave at 3 in the afternoon and it took forever then they finished and came back...

Reactions: Dio

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
As a carpenter, I really resent the stereotype :anger3d: but understand where it's coming from. A lot of the other apprentices in my class do absolutely no work, leaving the majority of it to my friends and I. Despite that, we all help (some more than others) to make sure projects get done on schedule. And I mean in OoT the building they were working on did get finished by the time Link got out of the sacred realm and managed to build that bridge pretty quick. They may goof off, but they get things done when they have too.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I never thought much of the builders walking around Kakariko village doing absolutely nothing towards the task at hand. However having watched the workmen who are supposed to be resurfacing a local bridge I was reminded so much of them and wonder if they are a commentary on a lot of construction workers attitudes. I have been seeing them a lot lately just standing around talking or carrying their shovel around not doing anything. The work on the bridge is scheduled to be done by October and it's not a 4 month job.

Have you found many examples of the Kakariko workmen in your area or are your builders efficient and fast?
I feel like every time I go by a construction site there is maybe one guy actually working, meanwhile a bunch of workers are just standing together and talking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom