• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Virtual Boy

Should Nintendo try the Viritual Boy again?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO! Please no!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Remember that? I still recall seeing the display at Wal-Mart, and thinking of how promising this head mounted display concept was. Then, I looked a little closer, realized the system had poor graphics and came with some tennis game, and got Mario Paint instead.

Even so, I still think that the 80s "video game goggle" type system is a cool idea. Nintendo or some other company should try this again with today's technology. Furthermore, I'd submit that it's the next logical step from the Wii.

Agree? Disagree? Somewhere inbetween?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well, I don't think they should do exactly what they did with the Virtual Boy.

But I can see how having wireless sensors attached to the wrists and ankles, along with goggles that could be worn on the head, could be the next step from the Wii, and towards more immersive virtual environments. This is similar to the idea behind the VB, but implemented with more robust technology than was available back when the VB was developed.

Is that what you're proposing?

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Yeah, though I hadn't thought about arm and wrist sensors. Basically just the Virtual Boy without a stand and vastly improved graphics. It would definitely be more impressive this time around. Imagine first person Mario! hehe.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I think this sounds like a pretty good idea, although it would be very difficult to implement it into today's games. Still, it's an innovative and revolutionary idea, although I would not like to wear sensors on my ankles and arms. Also, I don't always like to jump around and exercise when playing video games. If you constantly have to jump around and move, it eventually makes the game more of a chore. I personally like some games like mentioned above, but not all the time. Most of the time, I like to sit down at night and play games before I go to sleep or whatever.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Well, I actually still have a Virtual boy and couple of games. I thought that the Virtual Boy was a great idea. One reason it was discontinued was because of headaches and eyestrain (I didn't experience either because I read the warning about taking a break every 15-30 minutes. I think the Virtual Boy itself should not come back, but the 3D technology should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom