• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess The Twilight Realm: What Were You Expecting Before Entering the Mirror?

Lupine

Sacred Beast
I think it's safe to say that we were all expecting a dungeon and/or boss of some sort, but what did you expect the world to look like? For me, I was imagining some kind of Earth-ish terrain with the twilight atmosphere and interesting plants and structures, even some new enemies. I was hoping for some type of town or city to explore with inhabitants to interact with, too. What was going through your head?

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I was expecting it to be...I dunno a big world the same as Hyrule, where to access the main dungeon there I have to explore their way of life, but No, I got immediately to the stronghold. But it was a beautiful place nevertheless.

OhYeah!

♫A▼▲A▼▲
I don't now what I expected but when I got there I was really disapointed. I didn't like the Twilight Realm at al. :(

Djinn

and Tonic
At first I was really expecting something just like the Dark World of ALTTP. It was described as a separate world where the interlopers were sealed away from Hyrule and it causes a transformation in the people who are trapped within it. It shared so many qualities with the Dark World that I thought it would be another version, a darker mirrored image of Hyrule that according to Midna maintains a twilight atmosphere at all times. So there might be no sun, or a day or night cycle at all. Just an eeire version of Hyrule in a more Tim Burton-ish landscape with old and withered buildings and a depressing look over the landscape. Very similar to Kakariko or Castletown when they are bathed in Twilight early in the game, A dreary place of darkness and shadows populated with wondering spirits, cloudy skies above and every detail is slightly out of focus.

I also thought that the Twili in their normal state would be much like the Hylians when within the twilight. Spirits that are incapable of interaction with the physical world that they might be able to see and hear sometimes.

What we got was not what I had in mind at all, even after several more cutscenes and descriptions were made later on in the game. The sky was good, I liked the dark clouds enveloping everything above. But the floating islands, that seemed a little too strange a place for a people to survive on for centuries. I wondered if it was only designed like that to keep you from wondering too far. Much like the old Hyrule of WW you had only a small set path to herd you to the next dungeon and no exploration was really allowed. The place looked to be very small and underpopulated, not at all a place where a tribe had been surviving for hundreds of years.

Lupine

Sacred Beast
I think that the area where we were put was mainly just Zant's fortress, away of any kind of cities and where the average Twili citizen could not reach. That would hopefully explain the lack of population in the Twilight Realm that we saw. I would imagine, with the floating islands and all, that the Twili's way of life would be similar to what we see now in Skyloft. They could move from island to island somehow, probably on things like those floating platforms that Link used. The sols were an interesting concept. Perhaps each set of islands had their own sol(s) for a source of energy, because the world around them lacks a proper sun.

Anyway, I admit I was a bit disappointed, after hoping to interact with some Twili and learn about them, but it was good nontheless.

H

Huxley

I personally thought it would be a dark world/ light world type of thing, but it ended up being something in between, which I was grateful for in the end.

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
I thought it would be bigger, too, but then I realized it's just one small part of the twilight realm. It's just a palace, anyway. Just like the forest temple is just one small part of Hyrule, the twilight palace is just one small part of the rest of the twilight realm which we unfortunately didn't get to see.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
I expected an alternate Hyrule shrouded in darkness. Not exactly the same, but pretty close. I expected you would have to be only a wolf until the boss battle. I also expected it to have many side quests and new characters to meet. But most of all I expected al large castle for the royalty. I was dissapointed withthe overall design. I thought it was to small and not complex enough.

I had also anticipateda beautiful world of paradise. This was accomplished. The dungeon design, and the outside of the dungeon, were beautiful. I finally realized what Midna meant by a beautiful, serene, and peaceful place her world was.

Overall, I didn't really like it that much. Nintendo could have improved it alot. But, it still was a fun and exiciting dungeon, even with its faults.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Honestly, I'm not too sure what I expected in the beginning. I know that as I prepared to enter the Mirror of Twilight the first time, I really expected to be turned into a wolf again. I was quite surprised to see that Link remained in his human form. I was also surprised to see the Twili in beast form. I thought they were enemies at first glance.

As far as appearance, I did expect the Twilight Realm to look similar to Hyrule Field when it was covered in Twilight, with a dimmer color and the dark flecks that blew around. I knew a little bit of what it would look like beforehand, because I had seen a couple pictures scattered here and there. (Mind you, I was a bit late to the Zelda series.) I honestly expected the Twilight Realm to be bigger. I was disappointed to see the floating islands that were unreachable.

I also expected the Twilight Realm to be almost the complete opposite of Hyrule, which it really wasn't. I believe it was Midna that said the Realm of Twilight was the "antithesis of Hyrule," meaning, "the opposite of Hyrule." In this sense, I was expecting a more barren land, but one that would perhaps be more colorful than it was. Not necessarily bright, but more colorful.

The Twilight Realm was really disappointing, I was expecting it have more of a dark froest look to it and to have more of a village for the people. I also was expecting for the people to talk and not make funny WOOOO sound, even though it is rather funny. xD I mean if Midna can talk why can't the other people of the realm? It also looked to futuristic for the period of time that Zelda games are set in, I was expecting the palace to look more like Hyrule castle. But you know, we do make the games, we play them. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom