• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The thing in Zelda you love but everyone hates

For me it's
1. Majora's Mask
2. The Gibdo maze
3. Skyward Sword's motion controls
4. The DS games. Specifically ST but it was my first so I'm biased.
5. Navi and Fi
EDIT:
6. Zelda II
7. Tingle
8. Twilight Princess

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
For me it's
1. Majora's Mask
2. The Gibdo maze
5. Navi and Fi
You think people hate MM?

Also, I agree with you on the DS games, but PH was the first game I beat, so...

Last edited:

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Well, I do love Majora's Mask, but I don't consider it a thing that everybody else hates.
I do agree with you on Navi, I love Navi, but I cannot stand Fi...
I have no problem with the original Triforce Shard Quest near the end of Wind Waker, and not the sailing itself either.

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
I never understood why everybody hates the Triforce shard quest in Wind Waker either. It took a while, but it was well constructed and had you tracking them down and exploring the whole gigantic world to find them. I had a ton if fun with it.
Also, I disagree with anybody that thought the Doppels were an under powered mechanic in TFH. If you got good at switching at the right time, you were basically invincible. I guess I still hated this, but for the opposite reason of most people. I loved TFH in general, though, and that's is of the less popular games.
Other than that, I really didn't mind the SS motion controls (except while flying the bird) or the DS games. They did something different and unique, but the Zelda-style puzzles and action was still present through the whole thing.

You think people hate MM?

Also, I agree with you on the DS games, but PH was the first game I beat, so...

Well, I do love Majora's Mask, but I don't consider it a thing that everybody else hates.
I do agree with you on Navi, I love Navi, but I cannot stand Fi...
I have no problem with the original Triforce Shard Quest near the end of Wind Waker, and not the sailing itself either.
Ok well maybe Majora's Mask isn't hated as much but it did get a lot of shade and does to this day because it wasn't like Ocarina of Time. It's one of the worst selling Zelda titles

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
It wasn't a great seller at the time, that's true, but it has an enormous cult following. Plus most people I talk to that don't like it will tell me it's a great gang that just isn't their style, usually because they hate JUST the 3 day system. You've got to admit, that can be pretty damn tedious.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Ok well maybe Majora's Mask isn't hated as much but it did get a lot of shade and does to this day because it wasn't like Ocarina of Time. It's one of the worst selling Zelda titles
Maybe initially, but it's gained a cult following over the years, to the point of the creation of Project Moonfall, and then it's end result, MM3D, selling better than both Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD, the initial numbers for both of which blew the original sales for MM out of the water.

Plus, as Spam said, the community has since accepted MM ago a great extent. You'd be hard pressed to find a lot of MM hate today.

It wasn't a great seller at the time, that's true, but it has an enormous cult following. Plus most people I talk to that don't like it will tell me it's a great gang that just isn't their style, usually because they hate JUST the 3 day system. You've got to admit, that can be pretty damn tedious.
Fair point but I absolutely love three day system and I wish that they would bring it back some day.

Twilight Princess and the cdi games and SS

Navi and Fi

For me it's
1. Majora's Mask
2. The Gibdo maze
5. Navi and Fi
Since when was MM hated?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom