• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Tetraforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Alot of theorists believe in this theory called the tetraforce,I don't believe this theory,the tetraforce theory is pretty much were theorist try to prove their are 4 pieces of the triforce,but thetes a piece missing.

their is no evidence this theory is true other than one thing that they constantly use as a fact as to a fourth piece to tje triforce,and thats the fact that in Ocarinia of time the hylian sheild had the triforce,then the red bird underneath,and a triangle underneath the red bird that looks like it could be placed in the middle of the triforce.

I don't believe in the tetraforce for these obvious reasons:
1.The hylian sheilds look has stayed the same,but the one triangle underneath the red bird is missing,If it was really important than it would still be there.

2.Why would Nintendo make a fourth piece,If there was a fourth piece why have they not made a game centered around it yet??

3.The Zelda series has been around 25 years,one of the main logos now are the triforce on the game's box art.If they planned on changing it then why would they continue using the triforce as a logo.

I hope my theory gets you all thinking

-Links Ultimate

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
The Tetraforce was never meant to be anyways.It's like in the Opening Scene in MM The Triangles Skull Kid floats over are supposed to be the "Terminean Triforce".I think it was just a design thing,thats all.Also,woulden't the 4th piece then make the Triangle a whole triangle,messing up the timeline for future games?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I think Skyward Sword is the ultimate proof that the Tetraforce Theory is indeed (and not surprisingly) not true. It was a prequel to the entire series, which is the perfect opportunity to do any kind of thing similar to introducing the Tetraforce. But, no, just three goddesses are mentioned, and the Triforce was seen in its entirety, which is quite rare in the Zelda series (excluding the first few games). Believers will claim that just because it wasn't mentioned doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but the fact that there has been no references to it whatsoever, especially in a prequel-to-all game, suggests that Nintendo has no intentions of making the theory a reality. That's just my two cents, though.

LnktheWolf

The Sacred Wolf of Legend
I don't believe the tetraforce theory, but there are some interesting things about it. Not only the thing on the shield but there are more instances of 4 in the zelda universe than 3 (four sword, 4 giants, four transformation masks, four links in four sword), the upside down triangle on the shadow medal in OoT, purple link, 4 silent realms, four Goddesses (including Hylia), four dungeons in MM, they also say the lightforce from MC could be the finished tetraforce/ missing piece of it, etc. Interesting things, but I don't think it's anything more.

I think Skyward Sword is the ultimate proof that the Tetraforce Theory is indeed (and not surprisingly) not true. It was a prequel to the entire series, which is the perfect opportunity to do any kind of thing similar to introducing the Tetraforce. But, no, just three goddesses are mentioned, and the Triforce was seen in its entirety, which is quite rare in the Zelda series (excluding the first few games). Believers will claim that just because it wasn't mentioned doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but the fact that there has been no references to it whatsoever, especially in a prequel-to-all game, suggests that Nintendo has no intentions of making the theory a reality. That's just my two cents, though.
I see you using this 'it isn't explored further and so doesn't exist' explanation a lot and it's getting quite tiresome. The zelda series is well known for it's obscure and unexpected connections. Presuming anything with this logic without backing it up in some way is futile and the kind if thing that new users (including myself) are getting told off for in a lot of topics in this section.

Anyway, I've encountered the Tetraforce theory before and whilst it does seem to make sense, there's nothing to solidify any kind of backing from me. I have always found it interesting that OoT's creation story makes mention of the creation of law-abiding creatures, yet those who break such laws are not mentioned. If it true that there is a fourth triforce piece and therefore a fourth Goddess, then mt best bet would be that it has the strongest connection with the Gerudo (breaking laws, spirit temple statue etc). But that's just adding more guesswork onto guesswork.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Well,I still think that the tetraforce theory is false.If a fourth piece was the direction they were heading,why would they continue putting the triforce out there constantly,also using it as a logo,they would have done it by now.Like JuiceJ said,Skyward sword would have been a perfect oppertunity to introduce a fourth piece.Its obvious thats not the direction they are trying to go.also If there was a fourth piece,why not put it in the hyrule historia book???can you not see,they just don't want to add a fourth piece,they don't intend to.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
The "Tetraforce" has no substantial evidence or arguments and has been confirmed to be a fluke by developers. There isn't really much room for discussion, so I'll close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom