• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The Split-Destined Mirrors(In Progress)

Simple Criticism: Will this go anywhere?

• 1. Yes; it will go somewhere

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2.No; it will go nowhere

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TMLink76240

Travis Mask
I've started a fan-fic, several years ago, but I can't seem to write anymore than I have, then, and a bit I wrote, today. I also, and I'm sure I am not the only one, wish to have a storyline proper enough to serve as a new game. I would enjoy help and criticism with my story as it comes along. Every great thing starts-off as a story. Who knows? Maybe by the time I write enough with the help and criticism of others and their possible writings, it may evolve into the greatest of all the storylines.
First off: the reason the it's titled, "The Split-Destined Mirrors," is that I wish to combine all the timelines into one by Link being warped through these mirrors to play a part amongst all three alternate-dimensions. The things I have written and will write; as well as, what my helpers will write will appear as only drafts/ideas for the all-together, ideal storyline to be produced from our collage of brilliant-enough ideas to make this storyline irresistible, to the guys making the games. And, the criticism will surely help with that.
I only have one rule: don't let your criticisms get out-of-hand. Believe me, you'll know when they do.
Okay! Let us see what we can do my fellow Legend of Zelda fans!

***PG to PG-14[Let us keep it under this rating bar-line](Acceptance:blood, violence, minor-gore[acceptance includes decapitation], minor-language[not intense/strong-language], no sexual content[excluding kissing and smaller, funny insinuations], no nude description[Example of accpeted: Link came to the Great Fairy blushing, being audience to her full-nude, beautiful body only covered by her ever-long, blue hair. (Pretty much no detailed descriptions of body-parts.)], no racism or strong-prejudice insinuations of real-world people or events)

As for the pole: Just, tell if you think this will get somewhere(1) or nowhere(2)

Twisted Victory: Possible prologue or ending

The King of Hyrule releases Demise from the Master Sword using the Triforce of Power, defeating Link and causing the king's death. After Demise kills the king he attempts to obtain the Triforce of Power to find it has gone from the king's hand. Ganondorf strikes demise with the newly obtained Triforce of Power, leaving only singed markings upon Demise. Knowing Link wields the Master Sword, Ganondorf uses the Triforce of Power to resurrect Link from the cold confines of death and failure in an attempt to have the King of Darkness sealed-back-away. Demise laughs at Ganondorf's attempt and forms into a fog and possesses Ganondorf's blood(possessing his entire bloodline) thus fusing himself with this new-found wielder of the Triforce of Power.
Link awakens, only remembering his defeat by the King of Hyrule, lying on his gut on the back of Zelda's horse. Link hear's an explosion beside him and sees dirt, grass, and rock flying all about as he soars through the air as the horse falls bringing Zelda with it. Link fully-conscience lands upon his feat stabbing the Master Sword into the ground to brace his momentum to be faced by his old ally, Ganondorf. Charging at Link with a great, jagged, and wickedly dark blade, Ganondorf prepared to end this hero's ascent once and for all by putting all his power(obtained and natural powers) for one clean kill. Link envisions what his ancestor had once battled; "Demise..." he said under his breath as he'd seen him before through spirit. The Triforce of Courage, then, shines a bright, golden light from his hand. Link pulls his blade from the soil and points his blade into the sky, charging it with light and the integrity of the Triforce of Courage(greater than the strength of the light/silver arrows), and plunges it into Ganondorf's side, running the blade through Ganondorf's heart and shoulder. Link whispers, "Sorry..." as Ganondorf slashes Link upright, from the belly to the chin. Link falls and Zelda comes charging, without acknowledgement of her own wounds, after Link. "NOOO!!!!! LINK!! NO!!" Zelda shrills with tears in her eyes. She's grips his tunic tightly as the life leaves his eyes, his breathing slowing. Zelda feels a sort of deja-vu which is broken by Link grasping her tightly into a hug as the last breath of his life drains from him and one tear falls from his left eye.

The Legend of Zelda
The Split-Destined Mirrors
(Piece 1)

After a long day's work at the goat ranch in Ordon, Link Called for Epona for a smooth, sit-back travel to his house, just as the sun was setting and began heading through the village towards the very south end. The fellow villagers were already in their houses either eating or preparing dinner, but Ilia was in front of her houses staring-off towards the woods towards the east.Link slightly pulled the reins bringing Epona to a soft halt eyeing Ilia with curiosity. Ilia knowing Link better than any brother or friend spoke to absolve this curiosity, saying, "Link, Do you feel a strange pull?" She continued with, "It's almost as if there's a relentless storm settling along the eastern horizon. I feel as if my heart is being burned-up by a black flame" as she began to shiver in pure fear; settled with a soft firm grasp of her shoulder by Link. She immediately swung-around and gripped him tightly with both arms and asked, "Do you feel it, to?" Link not knowing what to say only looked towards the east studiously to feel nothing. He, then,patted her back with one hand and rubbed her head caringly with the other, just afterwards. She let him go and offered for him to eat dinner with her father,Bo, and her. Link wanting to go home scratched the back of his head and pondered, but before he could, even, decide she grabbed his hand and began onward into the house as Link let out a vocal remark of slight surprise.
After having a hearty and very large meal, Ilia knowing Link was about to leave looked in his way with discontent as Bo rubbed his bulbous belly in satisfactory-fullness. Bo quickly got-up walking into his bedroom as Link began to notice Ilia's downward descent in her eyes. Link attempting to uplift this descent said, "Even when things become their worst. I'll be here for you." Ilia nodded and kept her head low. Bo came back into the room with a new bit and decorative reins declaring, "This is for Epona!" continuing with, "I thought you'd like the green design,knowing you love the color green, and Epona will, definitely, respond with more loyalty with the fabrication over wood on the ends of this bit to add cushion from the metal." Link happily excepted the gift as Bo announced,"It's the least I can do with how much work you've done at the ranch; as well as, how much you have lent us all a hand in our times of need! Ha! Even,when we, truly, didn't need it; you were always there to help!" Link awkwardly smiled with a slight blush being left short for words replying with,"Thanks." Bo, then, looked-out the window from where he was standing and saw how dark it had become. "Well, you should begin to head home before time flies out the window." Bo said with a smirk, "We have got another day of work in the morning." Link nodded and began walking towards the door. Halting at the door he turned to Ilia and had bid,"Goodnight." Goodnight, Link. And, be safe!" she replied trying to hide the fact she was worried with a half-cocked smile. Link nodded and went out the door.
Link closed the door behind him to find Epona missing. Expecting to find her home link sighed with a grunt due to this long day and large meal. He halfheartedly starting walking down the trail that lead through the middle of the village straight to his house, and before he could reach halfway to his destination, a tingling sensation began to manifest inside him. Suddenly, the birthmark on his left hand began to glow; guiding him toward the east into the woods where Ilia very worriedly gazed upon. He, instantly,went from his tired state to a state of indulgence, and He began running into the woods. At this moment he began to feel a peculiar awkwardness of displacement, but he only shrugged off the feeling.
He cautiously ran deeper into the woods letting this sensation emitting from his hand guide his trek. He could hear the chattering of creatures moving and frogs croaking as he trekked deeper into the woods, and he came to a stop, as all the ambiance went silent, at a hut formally built of stone and roofed with wood. He'd never, not once, seen this in all the time he's lived. Astounded by the discovery he stood still trying to acknowledge this building's existence, but the sensation became so strong that he quickly cast aside this attempt of figuring-this-out. He studied the door finding noway of opening it: no hinges, no door knob or handle. He, then, place his hand onto the door, and miraculously, one of the three triangularly birthmarks on the back of his hand brightly shown with golden light. The door deteriorated into sand at his feet. Frightened and confused, Link peered inside trying to see inside. As he studied with his eyes, he had seen a faint glowing of what resembled a mirror. He stepped cautiously into the hut, one step at a time, not knowing if something else would randomly appear. He turned toward the mirror and seen an older, more mature image of himself wearing a very unique green tunic with a strange hat that slouched to a point. The mirror had light to it but was dusty. Link, thinking twice about it, brought up his left hand and began to wipe of the dust, hoping to see a more accurate image of himself. All at once, as he saw the image of himself become battered and gravely wounded, the triangle mark that had glown on his hand had, abruptly, shown a blindingly bright, golden light, just, when he brought his hand to touch this peculiar mirror. Suddenly, the mirror flipped; carrying him along with it. Everything for Link had faded away to black.
Link awoke hearing nothing but a dry wind blowing and the sun shining through the collapsed roof. He began to look around attempting to figure-out where he was. He found that the walls where covered in dust and cob webs and had begun to crumble. He sat up from lying in the middle of this small, broken-down building to find himself in strange green clothing.It was the same clothing he had seen his image in the mirror wearing, and he found tears, holes, and blood-stains from where he'd seen a glimpse of this image gravely wounded. His thoughts quickly averted toward the mirror in front of him. Gazing with hysterical confusion he'd seen that it was the same mirror he'd flipped around with; only, it had not a speck of dust on it and had no glow to it. The look of it was new.
Standing up, Link began to dust of the dirt from his clothing and found there was chain-mail below the green garbs, with a thin off-white, tight clothing beneath the chain-mail. Radically his hand began to pull him in a direction, and with no stopping it, Link ran out the door-way just as the old hut collapsed. Link gasped as he was choicelessly running,finding the forest dead and grey. He could only think of Ilia and the rest of the village at this point, wondering what had happened. Worried, he continued eastward in opposition to where the village was located. He could hear screeches of creatures unknown and see what seemed to be ghost-like figures;Link continued running along, through thick dead foliage of thorns and harsh shrubbery, into the unknown.
Exhausted from running for what seemed like hours through such rough conditions he made it to an old, dead meadow with a stone-center upholding a pedestal without tripping or falling once. Link, coming upon a dead body, finally came to a halt as his left-handed mark stopped its pull.The body Link stood before was naked, just beginning to rot, and face down with various trinkets, tools, a shield, and other items lying around. There was a blade ran straight through the core of his chess protruding from his backside.And, against the wall were bones in a black suit of armor smashed into the wall. He began scavenging all the items without second thought, knowing he'd need them. He began to adjust the shield for his arm and found it was already a suiting fit to begin hearing a wondrously perfect ringing. He looked down to the corps and found the sword almost had a glimmer to it. He, then, began to roll the body over. The body rolled over, Link could feel fear in every part of his being as the blood left his skin and heart sank. The older, more mature,gravely wounded image of himself in that mirror was lying before him, dead,rotting, with a sword ran through him.
Standing there in a petrified state for around thirty minutes, Link, finally, brought himself back to reality. His head stirring, Link gripped the royal blue hilt, gripped with fine leather, and put his foot upon the peck of his and hesitantly pulled the blade form his corpse.The further the blade came from his deathly-self; the closer Link felt he was going to white-out. Taking one deep breath, Link yanked the remainder of the blade out and stumbled backward falling upon his butt. Breathing heavily upon such a traumatic experience, Link sat still for a few minutes and caught his breath. And, after catching his breath, Link grabbed the royally styled sheath of the majestic blade and laced around his torso; sheathing his newly obtained sword that, almost, seems to call his name, and resting his shield on his back,onto the sheath.

Last edited:

balloonofwar4

The Mystical Man-Fairy
Pros-
A well thought out story. The idea is fresh and interesting.

A good sense of surprise and suspense, especially when Link found the Mirror Hut and his own mangled body.

The Twisted Victory segment has something I have always wanted since SS came out; Ganondorf fighting the Demise within him.

Cons-
The overly-long sentences and use of too much high-level vocabulary makes this very hard to understand. I had to reread the Twisted Victory segment three times to fully understand what was going on. Ex, "Link noticed that Illia looking down, sad." instead of, "Link began to notice Ilia's downward descent in her eyes." It's just too much.

Is this before or after TP? It has all of the same characters and locations, but Link has never seen the green tunic, nor the Master Sword. What makes this even worse is that this game is supposed to tie the time lines all together, which means that on the Child Timeline, this would have to take place after FSA.

The title. Oh God, the title. "Split-Destined Mirrors"? I'm sorry, but it just sounds dumb. Why not "Mirrors of Fate" or "Shattered Destiny" or even "Mirrors of Destiny"?

The dialogue is a little cheesy. " I feel as if my heart is being burned-up by a black flame". *chuckles*

This reason goes hand in hand with the strong vocabulary segment. The story throws too much at you at once. It's just overkill that is not needed.

Overall-

This is a story with strong potential. However, it is in need of extremely heavy editing. I rate this fanfic a 4/10.

If you want to see the chances of it being in the fangame, go back to the thread you created at the group.

TMLink76240

Travis Mask
Very valid points. The title only came with the meaning, I was expecting the first criticisms to be about it.
Maybe I should've used something other than the word "draft". I meant to only wirte ideas, until an astonishing storyline came forth. The storyline that'll come may not, even, begin the same. Thank you for your criticisms. (Also, about the black flame thing: I was using that because she seemed to be a character that would think of such. She, also, came from a time that people spoke in such ways.) I mainly want to convince the higher-ups that there's a good storyline where they can finally solve the timeline issue(yes, it's still is an issue to several).
Another thing I'd love to have done is in making the Goddesses of the Triforce the, actual, bad guys. That there's a single greater power over, even, the Goddesses of Chaos(Din, Nayru, and Farore). They create and endless cycle of chaos. Make the storyline end, once the hero and the great evil are dead, with Zelda wishing upon the triforce to have never existed to humans or to be banished out of existance.
If it were not for Din, Nayru, and Farore playing their games with the humans, things would be for the humans to decide by their own work and choices. Not working toward finding great power in the Triforce which would grant all the heart desires in one wish. Although it would be the end to the Legend of Zelda, there is still more than enough room to add events that could've happened before-hand. It would also add more meaning to the word legend in, "The Legend or Zelda," so that's something else to think about.

Again, I thank you and wish you continue with your input as my project progresses. No matter the doubts and odds against the project, this will come-out as pure gold in the end.

Last edited:

TMLink76240

Travis Mask
There is a split for each Goddess in the timeline.
All in the OoC timline
One where Din wins with Ganondorf as victor.
One where Farore win with Link as victor.
And, one where Nayru wins when Link is sent back into the past, warning Zelda of Ganondorf's evil will, thus preventing Ganondorf's ascent in Power.
That right there tells you that the three goddesses are the cause of all the chaos from the beginning.

Din's intent is about control; Farore's intent is about progress and advancement; Nayru's intent is about balance. And, I'm not completely sure of Farore's intent. You can see that in the timeline, lest they make another change.

The reason I have the King of Hyrule as the original bearer of the Triforce of Power is because he is the one in a one-way power(a hierarchy[monarchy]) Din is always supporting the one taking control in a one-way rule of power.
He's the reason for the sealing of the sacred realm and the Era of Prosperity. But, power corrupts, and is always traded-off to the next most powerful or power-hungry, only to cause destruction in the end for the bearer of power.

The "Twisted Victory" segment was created to be either an ending or a prologuing dream similar to what OoC did, but of the end or near-end of the game, that would serve as a warning to Link as to how he'd die.

In the end have Zelda after Links death or near-death(deciding rather to make the twisted victory into a prologuing dream or an end) wish upon the triforce to have never existed to the humans, thus making it the Legend of Zelda and not the Legend of Link, and ending the rule of the Goddesses of Chaos and their selfish and childish games.(as I said above)

Last edited:

TMLink76240

Travis Mask
These may seem a little more fan-based, but remember, they are just idea writings. My newest idea writings.

Idea 1
Zelda and the Fate
of True Wisdom​

As Zelda held Link, now going cold and stiff, she could here a somber hum. The hum seemed to begin to ring with happiness as Zelda looked upward toward the sky. They did not speak for they knew, she knew. "One wish..." Zelda says lightly with tears still in her eyes.
"Only one way." she remembered telling Link as she, finally, knew the truth. Seeing him so full of life, Zelda could not grasp the cold truth, Link is lying dead in her arms. The blinding light grew unbearable, just before revealing the reflective surface of the three golden triangles, now, only reflecting the sunny sky. Her focus was only on the invisible fourth triangle complete opposite of the rest, forgotten and never spoken of.

Now, in front of Zelda the triforce levitated. Align to the horizon, her eyes focused as she lightly and slowingly rested Link's head, back, upon the Earth. Ascending to the triforce, Zelda readily picked-herself-up.

Idea 2
Idea of Link and Ganondorf before Demises rebirth came to be.

Link and Ganondorf were best friends, they considered one another brothers. Link was the truthful- and noble-hearted, and Ganondorf was a angry-hearted, clever thief king. Whenever Ganondorf would get himself into trouble for stealing or other mischievous deeds, Link would take as much of the blame as possible, seeing hope in his "brother", and whenever Link would go-in-over-his-head, trying to protect something or someone or to stand for a noble cause, Ganondorf would use his mischief and cleverness to help even the odds, allowing Link his victory.

They met one another, one day, when they were only children. Link was in Hyrule field, nearer to the Lanayru Desert, practicing his sword skills with a sword he borrowed from his teacher. That's were he found Ganondorf being whipped and beat by moblins. Link, then, charged into battle with the moblins to save the young Gerudo king.
Link managed to ward-off one of the three moblins, nearly killing the moblin. Although, the other two moblins cast Link upon the Earth using a solid, rod-like, branch to sweep his legs. With a solid, "THUMP", Link fell flat upon his back as the two moblins leaned over him. Ganondorf was shocked to see a yound Hylian risking his life over a Gerudo, thief king as the two moblins began pummeling Link to near-death. Ganondorf began trembling with fear and anger as he watched the life slowly begin to leave Link's eyes. With a blood-lust scream, Ganondorf jumped onto the back of one of the moblins and firmly grasped the sides of his head. After breaking the moblin's neck, he remebered what the magic-using teachers of his tribe had taught him as lightning began shooting from his fingertips, frying the other moblin who's still beating Link into the Earth. This was the first time Ganondorf accomplished using magic.
Link, barely able to function, crawled toward Ganondorf, who was a few feet away. Still screaming and casting constant bolts of lightning into the charred moblin, Ganondorf's magic began backfiring on him, seering his flesh and damaging his entire body. Ganondorf's eyes begn filling with blood as Link jumped from a crawl, tackling Ganondorf to stop his insanity and taking damage from the backfiring magic. Link strained to warily said, "It's...okay......" as the two fell to the ground.
They both lye unconscious upon the ground, where the foot-soldiers of Hyrule Field's guard spotted the two boys, greatly injured. The guards picked-Link-up, reluctantly leaving the child, Gerudo king where he lay. Link barely awakening from his unconscious-state, watched in horror as the other kid still lies where he fell, slowly disappearing into the growing distance. Tears began to well-up in Link's swollen eyes as he began to slowly fade into the blackness of unconsciousness, once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom