• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The Spirit Tracks

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
*Note: If you haven't read my two previous fanfics, I HIGHLY reccomend you do before you read this story.

This story takes place seven hundred years after Alphonse and Zelda defeated the Demon Kind Malladus and sealed him away in the earth. This story begins in another dimension, parallel to Alphonse's world. This parallel world... is our world.

The Spirit Tracks

It happened Tuesday, October 18, 2011, at around 6:30 am. This story begins in northern Delaware in the United States of America. In a small development nearby a high school lives a sixteen year old boy. This boy was enrolled in the nearby high school, in the eleventh grade. His name is Link. And he... is me. This is my story.

Prologue (PG)

I walked down the path through the small wooded area between my neighborhood and the local public library. Today was Monday, October 17. I had just left my house after coming home from school. The time was around 2:40 pm. I was going to the small park outside the library to meet up with my friends.

My name is Link. I'm a caucasian male, about six-foot-one, with dark brown eyes and straight, long, dark brown hair. My bangs are split in an "M" like shape. The center of the "M" goes down the length of my nose and is curved slightly to the left. The sides of my bangs reach down slightly past my ears, and behind my ears and the back of my head, my hair hangs straight down. It reaches just past my shoulderline in the very back. I wear a white hooded jacket, but not just any white hooded jacket. This one was tailor made by a relative of mine. It has a design of black flames that stretch around the jacket's waist, the ends of the sleeves, and the edge of the hood. In each place, the flames reach up about three inches. The entire inside of the jacket is black like the flames. I also wear black cargo pants with a silver chain hanging at my waist on the left side. I wear black sneakers, with a pattern of light gray on them.

My imediate family is made up of my mother, father, and younger brother. My mother, age thirty-six, is about five-foot-eight, wears glasses and has green eyes and curly black hair. She works as an ensurance agent for Nationwide. She's also a little childish, as she says she's still a child at heart. My father, age thirty-eight, is about six-foot-two, also wears glasses and has brown eyes and brown hair. He works as an accountant in the city. He's very serious, and has a loud voice, which makes it hard to tell when he's angry and yelling. My brother Luca, age thriteen, is about five-foot-ten, has blue eyes and short, black hair. He bothers me constantly, but he's a good kid.

I have several friends at school, but only about three very close friends. The first is Elsa. She's German born, about five-foot-seven, and is a very sweet sixteen year old girl. Elsa's one of the closest friends I've ever had. She has long, straight, silky red hair, and bottle green eyes. She's very pretty, and the object of many boys' affection. She, however, already has a boyfriend, who recently moved to another state. The two still keep in touch. She can also be very stubborn sometimes. That's to say, if you told her the sky was blue and she argured that it was greem, she'd win that arguement. Nonetheless, she's a great person who is always there for her friends. Next is Allen, age seventeen, about six-foot-two. He has short, military style black hair and brown eyes. He's half Native American and half Italian, and he's a hilarious guy. He's also a player. He flirts with at least seven girls, and Elsa's one of them. However, he's very good with boundries, and would never think of crossing them. He's a fun guy to be around, and there's never a dull moment with him.

Another great friend of mine is Eve, who's seventeen, caucasian, about five-foot-nine, wears glasses and has blue eyes and long blonde hair tied back in a ponytail. She has excellent grades in school. She's a bit of an overachiever, too. I've known her since the first grade. We've been going to the same school together since then. In middle school, I thought about just forgetting about my grades and not caring about school anymore since I was having such a hard time. But Eve wouldn't have that. She personally took it upon herself to make sure that I was going to keep trying and pass school. It's thanks to her guidance that I was able to pass middle school and make it to high school. I owe her a lot.

And that's us. Me, Elsa, Allen, and Eve. The four of us are as close as best friends can be, and we're practically inseperable.

I walked out of the woods at a brisk pace, and came out alongside a road that stretched around the park. Inside the park, several children were at play, running around, playing on the swings, etc. I saw Elsa, Allen, and Eve hanging out near a park bench at the far side of the park. Elsa was wearing a blue-green blouse, a navy blue skirt that went past her knees, and white shoes. Allen was wearing a black leather jacket, unzipped with a white shirt underneath it, blue jeans and black sneakers. Eve was wearing a white long sleeve shirt, skinny jeans, and white sneakers.

As I crossed the park area, I waved and called out to them. Elsa noticed me, and waved and called back. This caused Allen to jog over to me, and we exchanged high fives. Eve walked over with Elsa, and said hello. Elsa and I exchanged a greeting hug, and afterwards I did the same with Eve. We walked together back over to the park bench and sat down. Elsa sat on the right side, me next to her, then Allen, then Eve on the left side.

"So, Link...", Allen began, "I was just tellin' the girls how I got us four tickets to go see Jeff Dunham. He's gonna be performing in Philadelphia two weeks from now!"

"Seriously?!", I exclaimed. "How'd you get those?!"

"Let's just say I know a guy and leave it at that.", he said with a smirk.

I laughed breifly, and began to speak, but I stopped. I heard some noise to our right. The three of them noticed it too. We each looked over to our rights and saw, at the eastern end of the playground, two guys from our high school, Scott and Jordan. They were bullying a little girl. They'd taken one of her toys, and were tossing it back and forth to each other over her head, not letting her get it back. The girl was crying floods of tears as she stumbled back and forth between them trying to get it back as they laughed hysterically to each other. The girl's parents must have left her for a minute, otherwise they'd be stopping this. Scott and Jordan were nothing special; two caucasian males, skin heads, high shool dropouts, and they were also the classic stereotypical "gangstas" you'd see anywhere. They even looked the part.

This whole scene really pissed me off. Elsa noticed me start to get target lock as I stood up.

"Wait, Link!! Don't...!" She tried to persuade me not to start a fight.

Allen got up and said, "I'm with Link on this. These guys are really pissing me off too." He then followed me over to them.

"Wait, guys!!", Elsa began.

"Just let them go, Elsa. They'll be fine.", Eve assured her. Elsa reluctantly sighed and sat back down.

As Scott tossed the toy over to Jordan, I snatched it from it's path through the air with my right hand. Scott and Jordan were laughing so hard they didn't notice Allen and I approaching. I handed the toy back to the little girl, and she ran off.

"Well, well. What do we have here?", Scott said mockingly as I glared over at him.

Allen stood with his back to mine as he faced Jordan. "We saw what you were doing to that poor girl. What's wrong with you guys?", Allen said furiously.

"C'mon, we were just having some fun.", Jordan said whimsically.

"But, if you'd prefer, I guess we'll just have some fun with you two.", Scott said menacingly.

"Shut your damned mouth.", I rasped, a hint of rage in my voice. Scott and Jordan imediately became silent.

"Oh, dear...", Allen said to himself, shaking his head. "Here we go..."

Jordan didn't seem to like the sound of that. Scott didn't seemed fazed by it. My clenched right fist was shaking.

"I'm seriously pissed off right now, so watch what you say.", I threatened.

Scott was silent for a few moments. Then he started to laugh. Jordan wasn't so care free at the moment.

"Scott...", he breathed worriedly.

"Was that supposed to scare me?", Scott teased as he took a few steps toward me. "Don't mess with us, punk!!", he shouted as he threw a punch.

I caught his fist with my left hand, and pulled him toward me. Using his momentum to my advantage, I struck him with a right hook that sent him through the air a few feet. He was out cold before he even hit the ground.

Jordan responded and rushed toward us. He threw a punch at Allen, who dipped right and nailed him in the gut with a stronger punch. Jordan fell to the ground gasping for breath. Allen stood over him and said, "If we ever catch you guys messing with that girl again, you'll regret it."

Jordan freaked out and rushed over and tried to drag Scott's unconcious body away. The sight was actually kind of humorous. I turned to Allen, who turned to me. We then broke out laughing together, and bumped fists in success.

"Man, that was great!!", Allen said triumphantly.

"Yeah. I highly doubt there gonna mess with that girl anymore.", I said in satisfaction. Afterwards, we walked over and rejoined Elsa and Eve at the park bench. A few minutes later, a women approached us. She was holding hands with the little girl who was being bullied earlier.

"Emily told me what happened.", she said. Allen and I stood up. "You boys scared away those bullies who were teasing my daughter, didn't you?", she asked.

"Yes, ma'am. That was us.", I said. Allen nodded.

The mother smiled and said, "I can't thank you two enough."

Emily chimed in, "Thank you!!"

I smiled and modestly said, "Don't mention it!!"

Allen added, "There's no way we could've just sat here and watched as they bullied her, after all."

The mother said gratefully, "Thank you both, very much." She turned to her daughter and said, "Come on, Emily, let's go home."

Emily nodded, and looked back at us and said, "Bye-bye!!" Allen and I smiled happily and waved good-bye to them.

Elsa and Eve stood up. "Well, that was nice!", Elsa said.

"Yeah, well, I'm just that cool.", Allen said sarcastically. We all laughed, and went back our business. A few hours passed, and the sun was beginning to set. We each said good-bye to each other, and went our seperate ways. I walked back over to the woods, and headed back down the path back to my neighborhood. As I walked, I pictured the happy faces of the mother and the little girl in my mind, and it made me smile to myself. It made me happy to help people, and it always has.

We are only human, and we each need to do what we can to help others. Even if it's the little things, like holding the door for a complete stranger, it never hurts to do good for other people. The joy it brings you is always worth it. If more people learn to do more to help other people and not just themselves, the world we live in would be a much better place to live.

Last edited:

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Wow, I just started a sequel to Spirit Tracks! Cole's Return. . . But I really like this story. Is this before, during or after Spirit Tracks?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Wow, I just started a sequel to Spirit Tracks! Cole's Return. . . But I really like this story. Is this before, during or after Spirit Tracks?

It takes place during the story of Spirit Tracks. It's basically a fan fiction of the game itself, just with my own twist. My previous two fan fics were prequels, setting the grounds for this story.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
It takes place during the story of Spirit Tracks. It's basically a fan fiction of the game itself, just with my own twist. My previous two fan fics were prequels, setting the grounds for this story.

Ah, cool. I love it so far, keep writing!!!!!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Chapter I (PG)

The next morning, I woke up with a start to the sound of my alarm at 6:00 in the morning. I quickly reached out to my alarm clock with my right hand from my bed and shut the alarm off. I then yawned, got out of bed, and bent down and grabbed the remote to my stereo from off the floor of my room. I used it to turn on my iPod, which was pluggd into my stereo on the opposite side of my room from my bed next to my TV, and played some rock music as I got dressed. I kept the volume down, of course. I played my favorite band, L'Arc~en~Ciel. The album that was playing was "Dune", my favorite album of theirs. As the first song on the album, "Shutting from the Sky" played, I slipped out of my pajamas and into a pair of socks, underwear, my black cargo pants, and my flame jacket. I put on my shoes and then brushed my hair a bit. Then as the next song, "Voice", began playing, I adorned my backpack that contained all my school papers and notebooks, which had been resting at the foot of my bed.

My room isn't really anything special. It's large, the biggest bedroom in the house, and is also on the highest floor of my house. My walls are painted white. A blue carpet covers the entire floor. My bed sits sticking out from the center of the back wall across from my stereo and TV, which are beneath two windows that overlook the front yard of the house and the street in front of us. The door to my room is at the left end of my room, next to my dresser. On the right end of my room rests my desk. Covering the walls around my windows are several posters that display hand-drawn scenes of many things, mainly sky scenes and sunrises. I've always loved those.

As I prepared to leave my bedroom, I checked the time. It was 6:09 am. I shut off the stereo with my remote, then tossed the remote back onto the floor in the middle of my room. I closed the door behind me and descended the steps that were positioned outside of my room. I reached the bottom of the steps and entered the bathroom that was right to the left at the foot of the stairs. I brushed my teeth for for a few minutes, rinsed, and left. I turned the corner next to the steps that lead up to my room and decsended the next flight of stairs that lead down to the living room. I walked through the threshold to the right at the foot of the steps into the kitchen. I made myself a bowl of Crispix for breakfast. Once I finished eating, I cleaned up my place at the kitchen table and put the bowl and spoon into our dishwasher. As I did, my father entered the room. He was dressed in a gray robe and slippers.

"Morning.", he said as he shuffled tiredly across the kitchen to the coffee maker.

"Morning.", I responded as I closed the dishwasher. I checked the time. 6: 22 am. "I'm going to school now. See yah."

"Have a good day." My father practically yawned those words as he awaited his coffee.

"You too.", I said as I walked out of the kitchen and through the living room to the front door. As I did, I passed my brother Luca, who was also dressed and ready for school. He walked into the kitchen behind me as I left the house through the front door. I closed the door behind me and walked across our front yard to the right. I reached the sidewalk and walked down the street to school. I walked two blocks over and waited at the corner for a red SUV to pass by before continuing. I walked across the street and up the path to the large field behind my school, which is laid out behind a street of houses that stretches to the left, toward the wooded area that leads to the park and the library.

I was about halfway across the field when I noticed it. I happened to glance to the left and something caught my eye. I stopped and turned to my nine o' clock. I saw what looked like a crack in the air. It was about thirty feet away. I walked toward it with overflowing curiosity. Once I neared it, I approached the crack slowly. I walked up and stood directly in front of it. It really did look like there was a small hole in the air in front of me. It was quite ominous-looking. I looked around in all directions, and saw that nobody else was around yet. I returned my gaze to the crack, and then lifted my right hand so that it was level with the crack. I reached out and very lightly touched it.

All of a sudden, the crack expanded into an enormous gaping hole. I gasped in shock and staggered back. Inside the hole was a sight that resembled outer space. It was painted with black and violet space, and dotted with white stars. The hole seemed to move like a jaw, as if it were a mouth. It wrapped around my body in a rush of fierce winds and turbulance. I could not react as it closed up around me. The crack vanished all together along with me, and was gone from my world. I plummeted through the empty space. My mind was blurred, and I couldn't think. It felt as if I was being pushed through a small crack in a large wall, except it was painless. Soon, my mind was leaving me. I was losing conciousness. It wasn't long until all that remaind was black. I slipped out of conciousness as I continued to fall through the mysterious void.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Chapter II (PG)

"Hey!! Come on, snap out of it!!"

I was beginning to regain conciousness. The black nothingness all around me was slowly but surely fading.

"Come on!! Please, wake up!!"

I heard the voice of a girl call out to me. I saw a light ahead of me. I reached toward it, and it grew ever closer. Eventually, all I could see was white. This white nothingness soon took the shape of a girl as it faded away.

"...Elsa...?", I whispered.

Soon, I could see clearly. The girl who's distressed face I saw looming above me was not Elsa, also she did bear an uncanny resemblance to her. This girl had long, straight, silky black hair and beautiful blue eyes. She was wearing a white blouse and and an orange scarf, and beneath that, a pink skirt that went down past her knees, and sandles. I also noticed that, strangely, she had long ears.

I quickly snapped back into reality and sat up quite swiftly. The girl gasped in suprised and almost fell backwards. I hardly noticed. I was busy examining myself, making sure all of me was still there, trying to make sense of what just happened to me.

I looked around to see where we were. We were on a beach, in front of the vast ocean laid out before us. It was sunrise, and the rays of light glistened brilliantly on the water's surface. I looked behind us and saw a small village, complete with homes here and there that all bore some kind of resemblance to each other, whether it was the color or the shape or the size. Beyond the shore was a field of incredibly green grass that wrapped around each house like a carpet. The slight breeze gently caressed blades of grass here and there as it gracefully passed over them.

"U-umm...", the girl began. I turned to see her nervously ask me, "Umm... Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, thanks.", I answered politely. The girl seemed to brighten up a bit once she knew I was all right.

"Oh, thank goodness! I was so worried!", she said estaticly. "I found you lying here unconious on the beach a few minutes ago, and I rushed over to make sure that you were okay! I was scared that you weren't going to wake up..."

"I see. I appreciate your concern, but I'm fine, really.", I said assuringly.

The girl smiled in relief, then proceded to say, "By the way, my name's Nicole. What's your name?"

"I'm Link. It's nice to meet you.", I said as I held out my hand.

"Nice to meet you,too!", she said as she shook my hand.

We both stood up, and that was when I noticed my school bag was gone. I paid it no heed, however. I was more interested in finding out where I was.

"Where is this, anyway?", I asked her.

"This village is New Aboda. The original Aboda Village was destroyed in a war long ago."

"I see.", I said. "But... I've never heard of anything like that before... Umm... What's the name of this land?', I asked.

"You don't know?", Nicole asked, She looked a bit puzzled, as if it was strange I didn't know the name of this country. "This is Hyrule, of course."

"Hyrule?", I said in wonder. "I've never heard of a place like that before..."

"Huh?!", Nicole exclaimed. "That can't be right... Maybe you lost your memory somehow?", she asked.

"No, I didn't! I remember eveything! Where I grew up, my family, my friends, everything..."

"That's strange...", Nicole stood and examined me silently for a short while. Then she suddenly asked, "What's wrong with your ears?"

"Huh? What do you mean what's wrong with my ears?" I didn't understand why she would ask me something like that.

"Well, all of us Hylians have long ears. Why don't you have them?', she said.

"What's a "Hylian"?", I asked. I couldn't have been more confused.

"What do you mean? A Hylian is what you and I are!!", she said.

"Umm, don't you mean "Human"?", I asked.

"A what?" Now it was her turn to be confused.

We each stared at each other in wordless confusion for a few moments. All of a sudden, a loud, male voice shouted over to us, "Nicole!!"

We looked to our left and saw a big guy running over to us. He had blue eyes and some strands of black hair could be seen peeking out from under the red bandana he was wearing. He wore a tan, sleeveless zip-up jacket that had a bunch of pockets on the front. He was wearing a pair of cargo pants that matched his jacket, and black boots. He, too, had long ears.

"Nicole, what's going on here? Who is this?", he asked when he reached us.

"I found this guy lying unconcious on the beach earlier.", she told him. "He seems to be all right. Except..."

"Except?", he asked.

"He doesn't seem to know what a Hylian is, or about Hyrule. And he also doesn't have long ears...", she said.

"Doesn't have long ears?!", he exclaimed. He suddenly turned to me, and when he saw that my ears were, in fact, not long, he shouted, "That's impossible!!! What kind of Hylian doesn't have long ears?!?"

"I'm not a Hylian! I don't even know what that is!! I'm a human!!", I told him.

"A what?! What the hell's a "human?", he asked in suprise.

"Wait, brother!!", Nicole said suddenly. This shocked me, as I didn't realize he was her brother.

"What, Nicole?", he asked.

"Maybe he's... from that other world? You know, the one Grandpa's been researching?"

"Other world?", I asked in curiosity.

Before Nicole could answer me, her brother cut her off by saying, "What?! That's ridiculous!! And even if he was from that other world, how would he even get here?!?"

"I... I don't know...", Nicole said quietly.

All of a sudden, I remembered that strange crack in the air that swallowed me up. I thought that maybe that thing brought me here, to this world. I thought that I must have ended up in another dimension somehow. But then, if that was really true, how would I get back? I figured, if anyone had the answer, it would be their grandfather, who's apperently researching this subject. I decided I had to meet him.

"Could I meet your grandfather?', I asked.

"Huh?!", Nicole and her brother exclaimed in unison.

"Nicole may be on to something. I think if I could meet your grandpa, he may be able to clear this up.", I suggested.

Nicole and her brother looked at each other, then she said, "...It's worth a shot..."

"I guess...", he said. "Come on, then. We'll take you to him."

"Thanks.", I said.

I then followed the two of them to a house to our far left, that was close to the shore. It was fairly large, and was painted white. Nicole's brother knocked on the door, and shouted, "Grandpa! There's someone who wants to see you!!"

I heard a voice that seemed to belong to an old man reply from within the house, "Oh, really? Come on in then!"

Nicole's brother opened the door and entered, and she followed. I took a deep breath and followed them into the house.

Last edited:

Ganondork

goo
hmmm, it's been decent so far. When he was in the U.s. though, you shouldn't have used the words you did. it had a modern feel, so you had to talk like it was

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Chapter III (PG)

"Ah, Alfonzo, Nicole, good to see you!", the old man said as the three of us entered the room. That was when I learned that Nicole's brother was named Alfonzo.

The old man was short, about four feet tall. He had gray hair, beady black eyes, and what looked like whiskers. He was hunched over, and supporting his body was the brown cane he was leaning on. He wore a white lab coat and black boots. He, too, had long ears.

The house was fairly large on the inside. It was filled with all sorts of high-tech equipment that all seemed very complex. A few shelves cramed with all kinds of books covered the walls here and there. There was a small bed in the far right corner of the room. The floor was litered with all sorts of papers depicting intricate equations.

"Hi Grandpa Niko!", Nicole said cheerfully as she rushed over to him and huggd him.

"So, what can I do for my grandkids today? You said you broguht a visitor?", Niko asked.

"That's right.", Alfonzo said. He beckoned me to come forward, and I walked up to Niko and introduced myself.

"Hello. I'm Link. it's nice to meet you.", I said, extending my right hand.

"Likewise.", Niko said as he shook my hand. "So what is it you need, Link?"

"Nicole mentioned that you do research on a parallel world. I think that somehow, I came to this world from there. I was wondering if you knew of a way for me to get back?", I asked.

Niko watched me silently for a few moments. Then he whispered, "You don't have long ears...!"

Niko suddenly broke out laughing and pranced around the room excitedly shouting, "He doesn't have long ears!!! He really doesn't have long ears!!!" I had never seen someone his age move like that in my life. Nicole and Alfonzo were just as shocked.

"You really are from Realta!!", he said in his excitement.

"Wait, what?", I asked.

"Realta! The name of your world!", he explained. "I've been able to monitor your world, examine it's people, and none of them have long ears! They're called humans, and they're basically Realta's version of us Hylians!!", he told everyone.

"Wait, so he really is from another world?!", Alfonzo exclaimed in shock.

"And none of them have long ears?", Nicole inquired as if that was such a ludicrous thought.

"Yes!!", Niko shouted happily. "Tell me, Link. How on earth did you get to this world?"

Thus I explained my situation to the three of them, about how I'd been absorbed by that hole in the air, which Niko explained to me was, in fact, a dimensional rift. Then Niko procceded to tell me all about the two worlds, Hayali and Realta. In my world, Realta, my people are called humans, and in this world, Hayali, the people are called hylians. In Hayali, things that would seem like nothing but science fiction or fairy tales in my world, are actually true in this world. Niko explained that he recently tried to cross over to my world, but failed. The experiment must have created a spactial rift that swallowed me up and brought me here to Hayali by accident. He said that he could perhaps return me home if he completes his research, which should be in a year.

"So... I'm going to be stuck in this world for at least a year?", I said in dismay.

"I'm sorry, Link.", Niko said. "All this is my fault. I promise to get you home as soon as possible. You're welcome to stay here until then."

"Thank you, Niko. I appreciate it.", I said.

And so I had no choice but to remain here in Hayali until I could return home. I thought about how much my family and friends must be worrying about me. I wanted to return home to Realta as quickly as possible and let everyone know that I was all right. But things soon changed...

*Intersting Fact: "Realta" is the Italian word for reality and "Hayali" is the Turkish word for fictional.

Last edited:

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Grandpa Niko? Seriously? And Afonzo is Nicoles brother? Ah, its not quite the same as you said. . . So, when're we gonna meet Zelda? (or whatever the princess's name is)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Chapter IV (PG)

Let us jump ahead seven months.

I had been staying with Niko and spending time with Nicole and Alfonzo as I awaited the completion of Niko's research. I learned the legend of the Hero of Spirits, which tells that seven hundred years ago, a hero named Alphonse defeated the Demon King Malladus and sealed him in the earth, thus putting an end to a 15-year war. Alfonzo's name comes from this hero, and the current princess of Hyrule gets her name from the hero's partner, Zelda. I also learned about the Tower of Spirits and the Spirit Tracks, which keep the Demon King bound in the earth. Some of the people of Hayali make a living on the Spirit Tracks as train engineers. I thought that, in case Niko isn't able to return me to Realta, I should be able to make a living in this world. So, I decided to become an engineer. Alfonzo, who is a skilled engineer, took me under his wing to do just that. Alfonzo is also a highly trained swordsman, and has been teaching me the ways of the sword as well.

On the beach in front of Nicole's house, which is a few yards away from Niko's house to the right along the sea shore, Alfonzo and I stood across from each other. We were both holding our wooden swords at the ready. We studied each other cautiously, waiting for even a subtle movement. A bead of sweat rolled down my cheek.

It fell from my face.

It hit the ground.

In that same instant, Alfonzo and I crossed blades. He pushed me back and swung again. I jumped, and was in the air above him. I landed behind him. As I landed, I turned and swung my sword at his open back. Alfonzo quickly turned and parried my strike. He pushed me away again and this time, he thrust his sword in a stabbing motion. I moved my body to the left, avoiding his blade. I used that opportunity to strike his open right side with my sword. I made contact.

"Boys! Breakfast is ready!!", Nicole called out from the front porch of the house.

Alfonzo and I relaxed our bodies and backed away from each other.

"That's enough for now, Link.", Alfonzo said. There was a hint of exhaustion in his voice.

"Great, I'm starving.", I said.

We jogged up to the table on Nicole's front porch, where she was waiting with three plates of bacon and eggs and three glasses of orange juice.

"Thanks for the food.", Alfonzo and I said in unison. We dug in. The food was delicious.

"So today's the big day, huh?", Nicole asked as she cut her egg.

"Yeah.", I said with a mouth half-full with bacon. I swallowed and said, "Today's the day I get my engineer's certificate."

"You still need to pass the Final Exam, Link.", Alfonzo reminded me after gulping down a third of his orange juice.

"I know! I'll pass! Just you watch!!", I said before biting some egg off my fork.

"Good luck!!", Nicole said cheerfully after she swallowed the egg she was chewing.

I finished the meal and gulped down the last of my orange juice. I got up, bringing my plate and glass with me, and went inside. I rinsed them off at the sink in the kitchen and left them on the counter. I passed Alfonzo on my way out. I hugged Nicole good-bye as she wished me luck, and headed over to the train station at the northern end of town. There, I waited for Alfonzo at the train.

The train was simple, yet magnificent and efficient. It was painted black, and ran on steam. It was controlled similar to the way you'd drive a car back in Realta. It also had a passenger car, which was where Alfonzo will be riding. My Final Exam is to drive the train all the way to Castle Town, the capitol of Hyrule. Once there, I will receive my engeneer's certificate from Princess Zelda herself at the castle.

Alfonzo soon showed up. "You know what to do, right Link?"

"Drive the train to Castle Town and get my certificate.", I said.

"That's only if you manage to pass.", he warned.

"And I will.", I retorted confidently as I mounted the train. Before Alfonzo could say anything else, I shouted, "ALL ABOARD!!!" Alfonzo laughed at this, and boarded the train. I heard him say under his breath, "That's my line..."

With Alfonzo in the passenger car and me at the lever, I blew the whistle and pulled the lever to release the brakes. I set the lever to the speed setting "Low" for now. We pulled away from New Aboda Village at a steady pace. The train chugged along the Spirit Tracks to the east several yards. There was a turn coming up on the tracks. I kept the speed on low as we made the turn. The train was now heading north along the tracks. I adjusted the speed to "Medium" and the train picked up some speed. I noticed that a few yards ahead there were some animals on the tracks, a few wild pigs. I blew the whistle and scared them off the tracks.

We continued chugging north for a few miles. We neared the town of Whittleton, and made a turn along the tracks to the east so we could go around the town. We couldn't go straight because there was another train on the tracks ahead that way. We made another turn a few miles over and we were once again heading north. Castle Town was beginning to come into view. Just then, I heard a whistle from my left. There was another train along the tracks that connect to the set of tracks we were on from the turn coming up. Our train was going straight, but it looked like a collision was was going to occur. I set the speed to "High", and our train sped up again. We passed the turn shortly before the other train reached it. We made it.

The other train headed south along the tracks, opposite the direction we were going. I returned our train's speed to medium as we chugged along to the north. We reached another turn a few miles ahead, and traveled east along the tracks. We were approching Castle Town. The Tower of Spirits could be seen beyond the town. It was enourmous and awe-inspiring. However, I paid attention to my task as we approched the station. I set the lever to low as we neared it, and eventually to a complete stop at the station. I did it. We reached Castle Town.

Alfonzo exited the passenger car and exclaimed, "Well done, Link! That was an excellent preformance! I'll wait for you here, now go get your well deserved certificate."

I nodded, and descended the platform. As I walked through the bustling streets of Castle Town, I gazed up in admiration at the Tower of Spirits. It can be seen from anywhere in Hyrule, but I'd never been up this close before now. It was an incredible sight. I soon returned my focus to getting my certificate as I approached the castle gates.

I walked along the paved path in the center of the front courtyard, which was filled with green grass and a few white flowers here and there along the walkway. I walked up to the two guards who stood in front of the entranceway. They were dressed in uniform: green hat, green tunic, tights, brown boots. They each held a spear tall than either of their body lengths. They each had dark hair and black eyes. They looked like they needed a shave, too. And like everyone else in Hayali, they had long ears.

"Halt!", the one on my left commanded rather loudly.

"What business do you have here?", the one on my right demanded in the same loud tone.

"I'm here for the engineer ceremony.", I told them politely. "I'm Link. Alfonzo told me he sent word that I was coming today."

"Ah, yes. Alfonzo did send us word of you.", said the guard to my right.

"You may pass now.", said the guard to my left. They each stepped aside and allowed me to pass. I said my thanks and entered the castle. As I made my way through the entrance hall, I heard the two guards chattering to each other.

"To think a kid his age can become an engineer..."

"Ah, the times... They are a-changin'..."

I paid it no heed and continued.

The entrance hall was grand, and quite large. The walls were colored a brilliant topaz, and a crimson red carpet stretched from the entranceway to the stairs at the far end of the room where another guard was stationed. The floors and walls were polished vibrantly, and I could see my reflecton like a mirror. A few pillars along the sides of the carpet stretched from the floor to the high, high cieling, no doubt serving as support beams. I appraoched the guard at the far end of the room. He stood before a magnificent doorway at the top of the staircase behind him. Beneath the stairs was a small, shallow moat that ran underneath the room beyond the doors in front of me. The water running through the moat trickled through like a brook. It was very tranquil.

"Hello, there, son. What are you doing here? Might you have some business?", the guard asked me kindly.

"Yes. My name is Link. I'm here for the engineer ceremony.", I explained politely.

"A kid like you? Ha! Not likely. Now scram.", he said rather harshly. He seemed to have turned into a polar opposite of himself.

"I'm telling the truth. Alfonzo sent word about me!", is what I tried to say. I only got so far as "I'm telling the tru-" before he cut me off by yelling, "I SAID SCRAM, BOY!!!"

"Hey, what's with all that damn racket!?", a voice to our left screeched.

Both me and the guard looked to the source of the voice to see a man dressed in a green suit, tan pants, and black boots. He had orange hair, and wore two small, green top hats on his head, and he also had long ears. He had a handlebar moustache and a goatee as well. He was kind of short; he looked about half my size.

"Ah, Chancellor Cole!!", the guard said nervously. "I apolagize for the disturbance! But this boy says he's here for the engineer ceremony!"

"That's right, I am. I'm Link.", I told the Chancellor.

"Ah, so you're the boy Alfonzo sent word about... Cripes, why to we have to do this now?!", he rasped in his screechy voice. It seemed as if he didn't realize he was still speaking aloud. "The Spirit Tracks are disappearing,", he continued, "And yet the Princess keeps insisting on doing these ridiculous ceremonies..."

That caught my attention. I had no idea that there was trouble with the Spirit Tracks. As I thought about what could be going wrong, Chancellor Cole suddenly snapped. "HEY!!! What the hell are ya doin' jes' standin' there?!? MOVE IT SO WE CAN GET THROUGH!!!", he screamed at the guard.

This startled both me and the guard, who procceded to scurry frightfully out of the way.

"Good. Now then, Link, let's go. The less time this takes the better.", he said grumpily as he walked up the steps at a brisk pace and shoved the doors open. I followed behind him qucickly and let the doors close behind us.

"Go wait up there before the throne. The Princess will be out shortly.", he instructed.

I did as I was told and walked acroos the room that very closely resembled the main hall. I stood before the throne and waited. Chancellor Cole was against the wall to my left. There was a guard before each of the doors at both corners of the room behind the throne. Above the throne on the back wall was an enormous stained glass mural depicting a boy standing atop what looked like the Tower of Spirits. He was with a fairy, and he held an incredible-looking sword raised to the sky. I noticed something else, too. It was hard to tell for sure, but I noticed the boy in the mural resembled me a bit.

"HEY!!!", Chancellor Cole snapped. I flinched in shock and looked over at him. As I did, I noticed the guards cringe a bit. "The Princess will be here any minute!! Show some respect and bow!!!", he shouted.

I did as he said and got down on one knee. I kept my head down and my eyes closed in a respectful manner and waited patiently. I heard the Chancellor mutter, "That's better..."

I did not have long to wait. I heard the doors to my right open as footsteps moved out of the way. I heard two more sets of feet enter. One waited by where the guard was and the other walked over and stood before me. I assumed that this was the Princess of Hyrule, Zelda.

I opened my eyes, and slowly raised my head to see her.

Last edited:

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
hmmm interesting. I wonder why the Spirit Tracks are disappearing. good chapter

You've played the game right? It explains it. But the story does give the game a very good quality focus. So, you are going to describe my Favorite Princess as a Goddess. . . Right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom